Davis Manor

Reviews of Davis Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Davis Manor

July 15, 2011

By BeneDoodle

My grandmother is currently a resident at the Davis Manor Assisted Living facility in Mountaintop, PA. Our family decided it was time for her to move there after she had several falls at home, as well as the fact that her mind was not as sharp as it used to be. She reluctantly moved in and on the first night, her room was moved because she was paired with a nasty roommate who started a fight over the bathroom door being left open. Over all, the facility is nice and made to feel like home. All three meals must be eaten in the dining room with the other residents, which I feel is a good rule, because my grandmother would isolate herself if she could. All of the nurses on the floor seem very nice and caring. However, sometimes the nurses work 12 hour shifts, which I feel is wrong. By the end of the shift, they are tired and more apt to be impatient with the residents or make mistakes. The only big problem my family has experienced with my grandmother in Davis Manor care is the fact that the nurses allow her to clean. For her whole life, my grandmother was a home maker who did nothing but cook and clean. She can barely walk but still insists on cleaning her room weekly, although it is cleaned for her. The nurses willingly give her cleaning supplies, probably because she begs for them and the nurses just want her out of their hair. They have given her a vacuum cleaner to use which I feel was a dangerous move. Not only was she in danger, but both her and her roommate could have tripped over the cord. Other than that, I feel like my grandmother is comfortable, safe, and content at Davis Manor. There is always an activity to participate in every day, and although my grandmother does not, it is nice for the other residents. I would have no problem recommending this facility to someone else.

About Davis Manor

Davis Manor is a senior living provider in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Davis Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Davis Manor