Berks Heim

Reviews of Berks Heim

Nursing Home Reviews for Berks Heim

August 03, 2016

By hazzell

didn't know there was a place to sign in when visiting! good idea to keep track of visitors these days , you never know what they are up to. I worked in several of these places and know first hand what the staff puts up with on a daily basis, it's not easy. all in all I would have to say the place is run very well for a nursing home. My one gripe is the older woman who sits at the front desk when you go in on day shift. She makes you feel very unwelcome, I think she could be a little more friendly and greet you and ask If you would mind signing in. first time there, I ask for my sister and she asked "well do have a room number" excuse me but I thought that is why she was there. last time she looked up from the computer long enough to yell at us because we pushed the door open the letters on the handle say push to open, no where did we see a sign telling people to push the button on the wall. I think whether she gets paid or is a volunteer, someone needs to giver her a lesson on how to deal with the public, and if she doesn't like people she definitely shouldn't be at the front desk!

March 13, 2012

By Mflip234

My grandfather who suffered from Alzheimers was a resident of this home for many years. He was placed in the home due to the fact that my grandmother could no longer provide the care he needed. He entered Berks Heim in October of 2005. He was a resident of the nursing home til he passed away in September of 2011. My overall impressions were that the care could have been better but we were fortunate to get to know some of his caregivers. My family (mother, sister and myself) would go visit him at least weekly. We would always sign in so that the facility would see that we did care in order to make sure that he got the best care. Some of the concerns that were present during his stay was the fact that he wasnt always clean shaven, some of his clothing would be missing time to time, and that other clothing was destroyed. Some of the positives of the stay for my grandfather was that he always looked well fed and hydrated. Overall, my opinion is that Berks H. did an acceptable job of caring for my grandfather, although I felt that the facility was understaffed and workers overworked. I dont envy their job, but I was glad to have them take care of my grandfather because he deserved the best.

Services and Amenities of Berks Heim

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government County
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Berks Heim

Berks Heim is a senior living provider in Leesport, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Berks Heim for more details on services and rates.

Map of Berks Heim