Jefferson Hills Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Jefferson Hills Manor

December 08, 2016

By Bluerosesgrow

Other

My mother's friend was in this place for 4 days. She died in that place. I know this lady was very sick but her last four days of her life she was scared to death. She froze in fear whenever her room mate was crying because she was being yelled at. by a nurse's assistant. My mother's friend said that this lady had to beg for a glass of ice. She was not able to eat anything and drank very little. The noise was horrible. This lady who was dying had to be put in front of the very loud nursing station and she felt that she was on displayed as her body was visible for everybody to see. Plus their was construction going on in the room next to hers or two doors down. The dear lady just wanted quite. The last words to her daughter over the phone were, "I can't deal with this noise anymore. I just want to be left alone." Her son, daughter, friends, cousin, and I all tried over and over to get a hold of ALL THREE nurses stations prior to the morning she died. NO ONE PICK UP the phone. If one person would have picked up the phone - maybe she would not have died alone. Granted she was a sick lady. I just hope that the nurse's station phone was on mute. Every so often - just for the heck of it - I still try to call the three nurses stations. Only ONCE did anybody pick u.

December 13, 2015

By i would rather be homeless

Had to beg for a shower, lied to by administration, med errors, abusive patients wandering into my room. Absolutely a horrible, depressing place. Hoping they will be fined or closed by the state.

November 30, 2015

By RF2

My mother had stayed at Jefferson Hills Manor. Everything was really good. The physical therapy was the biggest reason she was there. She got in and out in a timely manner, and she had great walking improvement from what she was when she first went in. She was only there for almost a month, and she went from not walking to being able to walk pretty good. She ate in her room most of the time.

April 10, 2015

My aunt was at Jefferson Hills Manor. If I had to put somebody else in there, I wouldn't. I don't like them, and the food is horrible. It's not a very good place to put somebody. She complained that the food was terrible. One day for dinner, she only had a bologna sandwich.

February 28, 2014

The environment is good at Jefferson Hills Manor. It is covered by Medicare and Medicaid. But I had problems with staff because my mother has Alzheimer's, and they transferred her to three different rooms which made her confuse. She just had her hip broken and replaced. She used to be in a very small room with one bathroom in the entire floor. But now, she is in a larger room with a small bathroom.

February 22, 2014

By debpat2014

would not send anyone here, i was there for rehab, the physical therapy department was great, aids were all helpful and friendly, food was ok. however they work on the bear minimum, the nurses are less than helpful and play kid games talk behind your back. the adminstration is forever changing doesnt seem like anyone is in charge, if you want to fall, get the wrong meds, have a cup of tea sitting in your room for a week, wait an hour for the call bell. get sent home within a half hour of knowing with no instructions other than a home health care nurse will call u, maybe a week later. I had to fend for myself they refused to help me once discharged, with getting my meds, breathing machine, therapy at home, all things should have been taken care of before leaving, threw me out with no plans set. I called asking where to turn for help and they said not my problem your out of here. Only helped after i threated to report them to the state. then they lied to the home health they had set up for me saying i refused my therapy and i was up walking on my own , when i walked one time 10 steps with a walker and i was gone. even said i didnt need a walker had to fight for everything, hook so many extra weeks to get back on my feet. very poor !!

August 13, 2012

By C. Behary

I was a resident in this facility two (2) times in the last two (2) years. The first time was in 2010 and I had back surgery with a spinal fusion. The second time was in 2011 when I had a total knee replacement. The rooms were always clean and when I put on my call light the staff was quick to answer (even if they were unable to come into my room immediately) I was told someone would be in as soon as they possibly could. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and helpful. They meals were brought into my room as I could not walk into the dining room in the beginning. The meals were tasty and warm to hot, but not too hot. The physical therapy department was newly built prior to my arrival and the therapist initally came to my room to teach me how to get out of bed, and later on helped me get dressed to go down to the actual pt gym.The therapy was top of the line and the therapists were excellent, pleasant and helpful. They also made you work hard to accomplish your goals.I spent approximately 3 weeks during each stay and when I left I was able to function on my own without assistance. I would recommend this facility for anyone who needs rehab after surgery. As a RN in my professional life, I would grade Jefferson Hills with an A+.

Services and Amenities of Jefferson Hills Manor

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Jefferson Hills Manor

Jefferson Hills Manor is a senior living provider in Clairton, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Jefferson Hills Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Jefferson Hills Manor