Thank you for posting a review! We greatly appreciate your time and your visit to Linus Oakes Village. Every home at Linus Oakes has a kitchen with a range (4 burners and an oven), refrigerator/freezer, and most homes also have a dishwasher. The apartments have a kitchenette with efficiency appliances and the cottages have a large kitchen with full-size appliances. If you love to cook, I highly recommend a cottage, that also features a large built-in pantry! Warmest regards, Linus Oakes Village
Linus Oakes Retirement Village
Offers Independent Living
Reviews of Linus Oakes Retirement Village
Independent Living Reviews for Linus Oakes Retirement Village
May 17, 2019
I visited this facility
June 27, 2018
I am/was a resident of this facility
Questions about Linus Oakes Retirement Village
Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Linus Oakes Retirement Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?
Linus Oakes caters to the very active, independent and social senior in the 75-95 age range.
What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?
Everything is nearby in Roseburg!
What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Linus Oakes Retirement Village has organized?
Day trips to community concert series, larger town shopping trips (Eugene & Medford), and the Oregon Coast.
What transportation services does Linus Oakes Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?
Linus Oakes has the best transportation in the area! Individual transportation is available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 4pm for medical and business appointments. Twice weekly shopping trips and weekly day trips are scheduled for the 28-passenger luxury bus.
What makes the chef or dining program at Linus Oakes Retirement Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?
Linus Oakes supports our residents active and independent lifestyle by serving just the dinner meal each day in the fine dining room. Dinner tray delivery is always available, as well as a dinner shuttle service. Each home has a full kitchen, so residents can provide for their breakfast and lunch needs. This means residents feel free to schedule their day without worrying about missing a meal, and the dining room maintains a very social atmosphere.
What common areas are available for independent living residents?
All common areas are available for residents, including the lounge, community room, private dining room, library, chapel, all exterior patios, putting green, garden, off-leash dog park, etc.
What safety features or security measures does Linus Oakes Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?
Linus Oakes has staff onsite 24 hours a day/7 days a week to respond to any emergencies. Emergency call buttons are located throughout each home. Smoke detection and fire suppression systems are centrally monitored.
If Linus Oakes Retirement Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?
Linus Oakes welcomes dogs under 35 pounds, and cats as well. Dogs on a leash are welcome everywhere except the Oak Dining Room, and an off-leash dog park is provided for exercise. A pet fee does apply.
Does Linus Oakes Retirement Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?
Linus Oakes can refer residents to private caregivers as well as care agencies, but the choice is entirely the resident's and/or their family as to who they hire to provide any necessary personal care.
Costs for Linus Oakes Retirement Village
Cost of Independent Living
Services and Amenities of Linus Oakes Retirement Village
- Entry Fee
- Independent Living Starting At: $2331/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra: Cottages
- Resident Capacity: 118
- Minimum Age: 55
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
About Linus Oakes Retirement Village
Linus Oakes Village is a place where the mature years are meant for productive living and for discovering new relationships and activities . . . a place of vigor and creativity . . . a place of restful and rewarding leisure in a setting of beauty, comfort, and security.
Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle in an elegant setting at Linus Oakes Village. Take advantage of the peace of mind Linus Oakes Village offers, and leave the chores to us!
- One restaurant-style meal featuring a full menu served in the elegant Oak Dining Room between 4 and 6 p.m. each evening. Come anytime during dinner hours, sit wherever you like, and dine with whomever you choose!
- Dinner tray service, on request, to dine in the comfort of your home
- Individual, on-campus transportation: Transportation by golf cart is available to any facility on the Mercy Medical Center campus. Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Individual local transportation: Transportation by handicap-accessible minivan to any doctor appointments, bank, post office, etc. within Roseburg city limits. Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Group local transportation: Transportation by 28-passenger luxury bus for scheduled twice-weekly shopping trips, social activities & events within the Roseburg area.
- Fitness classes three days a week – taught by YMCA instructors
- On-site scheduled activities & events
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- 24-hour monitored security with emergency call buttons in each home
- All utilities, except for cable/phone/internet
- All interior & exterior maintenance: everything from changing a light bulb to replacing an appliance; mowing the grass, to cleaning the gutters! Leave the chores to us!
- “Linus Links” putting green
- “The Knot Hole” wood shop
- “Woodstock Garden” with raised beds and firm paths
- “Snoopy’s Pals” off-leash dog park
- “Oak Lounge” – complimentary coffee, tea, & hot cocoa served each morning. Complimentary wine & hors d’oeuvres each Friday & Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
- Community room – pool (billiards), shuffleboard, large screen TV, Wii, dance floor, full kitchen
- Exercise room – treadmill, stationary bicycle, weight (resistance) machine, etc.
- Activities room – arts, crafts, sewing
- Private dining room
- Beauty & barber shop
- Resident computers & color printer
- Free wi-fi in Oak Lounge
- Handicap accessible walking paths
- Storage units available upon request
What Makes Us Special
Nestled on an oak-covered hillside in Roseburg, Oregon, Linus Oakes Village offers a lovely city view and is close to shopping, entertainment, and medical care.