Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Reviews of Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Independent Living Reviews for Linus Oakes Retirement Village

March 06, 2021

By ReviewerFY#0127d

I've visited Linus Oakes. I actually had dinner there. It was very nice but it's just not affordable for me. They have transportation and lots of different activities. They only have one meal a day though, that was one drawback for me. They have a kitchenette in the rooms and they're really nice. The staff were all very nice, it's a friendly place. I went with two of my friends and we signed up for dinner. The food was excellent but I would have wanted for the breakfast and lunch to be included too. Most of the other places I visited offer three meals a day. They have a lot of units and they have cottages too. Part of the problem that I had was the large buy-in amount when you go in. It was just not in my budget.

February 17, 2021

By Albert

My visit with Linus Oakes Retirement Village was short. They didn't seem to want to take me around the facility at all. I just went in the door and met one of the residents there who said not to go anywhere else because it's the best place and so on. The only thing I could say about it is that it's a little more spendy than what I was planning on, but the location was fine and the facilities were very fine. It just seemed like the people didn't wanna follow up on showing me around, maybe they're busy, but the person who normally shows people around wasn't there or something. It was probably because I didn't make an appointment. At first, I thought I would just go and take a look at the place, but it was hard for me to find it because it's hilly in Roseburg and they're on the wrong side of the hill. So, I just left and made a mental note to come back. They followed up, however, and I got an email or something, asking me if I want to make an appointment and come back. The facility has been there close to 20 years, but everything there was kept up nicely. You would say that it's only built last year because everything was in good condition. They didn't have much parking; you can have parking for one vehicle and that's all. Its condition was topnotch, it looked appealing, and everything looked like it was kept up perfectly. They’re pretty expensive and they have the thing where you buy in, so we’re talking many thousands of dollars just to move in there. They had an option to rent, but they’re higher than anybody else.

Hi Albert! Thank you so much for visiting Linus Oakes Village. I'm sorry I wasn't on site to meet with you in person. An appointment isn't mandatory: I do take walk ins when I'm available. But sometimes I'm away from the office, so an appointment is the best option. I do hope that you are able to come back for a proper tour - I'd love to show you around our wonderful village. Warmly,

May 17, 2019

By Zanne

Linus Oakes was right behind a hospital. The people were nice and the residents were outside gardening. It had an elevator in it. I saw people playing cards and everybody seemed very satisfied. They only offer one meal a day and I'd like to cook, but they only have a kitchenette. The rooms had a lot of storage places and they have a little space downstairs where you could also put your things, and I was impressed with that. The staff was nice. The rooms were better than the others and they had a little bit bigger of living room, with a TV, a sofa, and whatever else you want.

Thank you for posting a review! We greatly appreciate your time and your visit to Linus Oakes Village. Every home at Linus Oakes has a kitchen with a range (4 burners and an oven), refrigerator/freezer, and most homes also have a dishwasher. The apartments have a kitchenette with efficiency appliances and the cottages have a large kitchen with full-size appliances. If you love to cook, I highly recommend a cottage, that also features a large built-in pantry! Warmest regards, Linus Oakes Village

June 27, 2018

By Judy

We have been here at Linus Oakes for about 10 days, and we feel really at home. It gets high marks in every category. Everyone works or lives here for a number of years because they're so happy with it. The other community is good, but Linus Oakes is even better. It is also extremely well kept. I definitely would recommend this place.

Questions about Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Linus Oakes Retirement Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Linus Oakes caters to the very active, independent and social senior in the 75-95 age range.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Everything is nearby in Roseburg!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Linus Oakes Retirement Village has organized?

Day trips to community concert series, larger town shopping trips (Eugene & Medford), and the Oregon Coast.

What transportation services does Linus Oakes Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?

Linus Oakes has the best transportation in the area! Individual transportation is available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 4pm for medical and business appointments. Twice weekly shopping trips and weekly day trips are scheduled for the 28-passenger luxury bus.

What makes the chef or dining program at Linus Oakes Retirement Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Linus Oakes supports our residents active and independent lifestyle by serving a continental breakfast and dinner each day in the fine dining room. Dinner tray delivery is always available, as well as a dinner shuttle service. Each home has a full kitchen, so residents can provide for their lunch needs. This means residents feel free to schedule their day without worrying about missing a meal, and the dining room maintains a very social atmosphere.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All common areas are available for residents, including the lounge, community room, private dining room, library, chapel, all exterior patios, putting green, garden, off-leash dog park, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Linus Oakes Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?

Linus Oakes has staff onsite 24 hours a day/7 days a week to respond to any emergencies. Emergency call buttons are located throughout each home. Smoke detection and fire suppression systems are centrally monitored. Linus Oakes is also a smoke free campus.

If Linus Oakes Retirement Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Linus Oakes welcomes dogs under 35 pounds, and cats as well. Dogs on a leash are welcome everywhere except the Oak Dining Room, and an off-leash dog park is provided for exercise. A pet fee does apply.

Does Linus Oakes Retirement Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Linus Oakes can refer residents to private caregivers as well as care agencies, but the choice is entirely the resident's and/or their family as to who they hire to provide any necessary personal care.

Costs for Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Photos of Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Services and Amenities of Linus Oakes Retirement Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

About Linus Oakes Retirement Village

Linus Oakes Village is a place where the mature years are meant for productive living and for discovering new relationships and activities . . . a place of vigor and creativity . . . a place of restful and rewarding leisure in a setting of beauty, comfort, and security.

Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle in an elegant setting at Linus Oakes Village. Take advantage of the peace of mind Linus Oakes Village offers, and leave the chores to us!

Included Services:

• One restaurant-style meal featuring a full menu served in the elegant Oak Dining Room between 4 and 6 p.m. each evening. Come anytime during dinner hours, sit wherever you like, and dine with whomever you choose!
  • Dinner tray service, on request, to dine in the comfort of your home
  • Individual, on-campus transportation: Transportation by golf cart is available to any facility on the Mercy Medical Center campus. Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Individual local transportation: Transportation by handicap-accessible minivan to any doctor appointments, bank, post office, etc. within Roseburg city limits. Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
  • Group local transportation: Transportation by 28-passenger luxury bus for scheduled twice-weekly shopping trips, social activities & events within the Roseburg area.
  • Fitness classes three days a week – taught by YMCA instructors
  • On-site scheduled activities & events
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • 24-hour monitored security with emergency call buttons in each home
  • All utilities, except for cable/phone/internet
  • All interior & exterior maintenance: everything from changing a light bulb to replacing an appliance; mowing the grass, to cleaning the gutters! Leave the chores to us!

Amenities:

• “Linus Links” putting green
  • “The Knot Hole” wood shop
  • “Woodstock Garden” with raised beds and firm paths
  • “Snoopy’s Pals” off-leash dog park
  • “Oak Lounge” – complimentary coffee, tea, & hot cocoa served each morning. Complimentary wine & hors d’oeuvres each Friday & Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
  • Community room – pool (billiards), shuffleboard, large screen TV, Wii, dance floor, full kitchen
  • Exercise room – treadmill, stationary bicycle, weight (resistance) machine, etc.
  • Activities room – arts, crafts, sewing
  • Private dining room
  • Beauty & barber shop
  • Chapel
  • Library
  • Resident computers & color printer
  • Free wi-fi in Oak Lounge
  • Handicap accessible walking paths
  • Storage units available upon request

Nestled on an oak-covered hillside in Roseburg, Oregon, Linus Oakes Village offers a lovely city view and is close to shopping, entertainment, and medical care.

Map of Linus Oakes Retirement Village