Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster

Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster

Assisted Living Reviews for Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster

October 09, 2013

Primrose is about the same as with the other facilities I visited. They have independent living and assisted living. I know several people that's over there and they like it very well. The facility is not elaborately done, but it is very nice. They did try to make it homey and comfortable-looking. Their rooms are a little high-priced. Nevertheless they are adequate in size and very clean. The staff would come in and do housework once a week and they would also include your laundry.

July 12, 2013

By Melinda J.

WOW. My brother and I visited this facility on July 9, 2013. What an eye opener for us after visiting four other assisted living facilities. Large apartments for a family of 2. We are looking for our mother and sister. The 2 bedroom apartment had a complete kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and walk-in closet. Also, a place for a stackable washer and dryer which I don't think they'll need as laundry is done each work for the residents. Included on our tour by Marie we visited a theatre, ice cream shop with a 50's atmosphere. A pub with billiards/game room and 3 dining rooms. The assisted living apartments were very spacious with a home-like atmosphere. A fitness center, whirlpool, beauty salon, fireside lounge, computer lounge, chapel and courtyard with gazebo made for everything one would need. People were happy here. Also, the features and ammenities were all inclusive with the price for what our family needs now. Very, very nice place for our family to reside. Very excited to see a new chapter in their lives where they both can thrive. One other thing I need to mention because I am out-of-state, they have nice private rooms where for a small fee (a lot less than a motel) we can stay in while visiting. So happy to have found this new home for them.

June 11, 2012

By DixieLane

This place is a real gem in the area, beautiful rooms and nice staff. Grandma loves it here. It is a clean well lit place with many activities and wonderful food. She doesn't really like the the idea she had to leave her home of 65 years but she just could take care of the giant house anymore. She had to adjust but did so fairly well. She does complain about the lack of privacy at times but otherwise she seems happy. She did have a ring come up missing, she said it was stolen but she may have lost it. It was a rather expensive ring I hope no one took it. But that is is our only complaint. In hind sight do not send elderly relatives with expensive jewelery to any facility, they may loose it through theft or carelessness. I love the beauty that surrounds the place, the residents love to see the deer and other wildlife around. One note, this is not a place for indigent seniors it is fairly expensive to stay here.

February 29, 2012

By loveutata

My grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. After his wife's unexpected passing, the symptoms became really bad really quick. He eventually moved up to Ohio with my family and after looking at all the options around, we decided on Primrose. It was an excellent place and I couldn't have thought of a better place for him. The rooms were very nice as was the staff. They had plenty of activities available for the residents, and the food they served was amazing. Right down the hall from him was a place to get a haircut, free ice cream, a drink, play board games/cards, and play Wii. Also the social aspect of it was very nice. He met quite a few friends there.

Photos of Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster

About Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster

Primrose is committed to providing a happy, healthy environment for our residents. Assisted living is designed for seniors who want the privacy of an apartment with the security of professional care and service. Every resident at Primrose has a plan of care designed specifically for them and for their unique needs - and a professional nursing staff dedicated to their good health. No matter your choice, you'll feel right at home if you come visit, and you'll soon see why, at Primrose, we say "This Is Living!"

Map of Primrose Retirement Community of Lancaster