Liberty Healthcare Services

Reviews of Liberty Healthcare Services

Nursing Home Reviews for Liberty Healthcare Services

March 06, 2012

By Cakes1

My mother was a resident at this facility for about a year prior to coming home to live with me. Upon first observation, the facility appears beautiful - the grounds are well maintained, and the main floor lobby is very well decorated as far as nursing facilities go. I was pleased by the fact that the facility didn't have that typical "nursing home smell" upon entering the building. Further, I was well satisfied with their resident activities. The Activities Director does an excellent job of keeping the residents engaged and entertained. Among the activities were Bingo (of course), other board games, crafts, sing alongs, exercise classes, gardening, and even off site activities like Charlotte Bobcats basketball games! Finally, as far as nursing home/hospital food goes, their food was above par.Apart from the things that I was fully pleased with, I was equally disappointed in some of the operations of this facility. The billing department was rather unorganized and contiually billed me for things that my mother's insurance had already taken care of. Even when presented with concrete documentation of payment in full of certain bills, their billing associates were reluctant to conform. This was a rather significant nuisance, as it took a lot of time away from my work in order to straighten out these billing errors. My most severe grievance with the facility has to do, unfortunately, with the care (or lack thereof) that they give to the residents. My mother suffered from terrible bed wounds at the handling of the nurses at this facility. The wouunds were caused by not moving my mother frequently enough. Sadly, this is a fate that was suffered by many of the immobile residents at this location. On more than one occassion, the nurses dropped my mother from the hoyer lift while trying to move her from the bed to the wheelchair. In the medical practice there is the oath to "Do no harm", but I failed to see their adherance to this. In sum, as with any organization, there were shining stars as well as others who didn't seem to care about their jobs. Some of the nurses and CNAs went out of their way to be helpful and it was apparent that they were passionate about their work. For those workers, I was truly grateful to have them take care of my mom the way that they did. Liberty has some good qualities as well as negative ones. If I had it to do all over again, I would not place my mother or any other family member there again, nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

August 17, 2011

By cdayton

I visited Liberty Nursing Center on several occasions, assisting clients in exploring it as an option for either long term nursing care or short term rehabilitative care. The facility is a large one, with several different floors, located in a convenient location. My first concern with this facility is that it really is almost too large, and because of that it's difficult for staff to really treat clients as individuals, rather than a "number". Often times when I would call about clients I was trying to assist it took quite awhile to get to the appropriate staff member to help, and even then they had to do a lot of resorting to records and charts, even to answer pretty basic questions. Having said that, there did always appear to be an adequate number of nurses on the floor in relation to the number of patients in the facility. It never appeared that a client would have to wait too long to get the care they needed. The facility does offer a full range of medical assistance though, both for rehabilitation and longer term stays. They accept Medicaid and that made them a strong option for many of the clients I was assisting. The facility is clean and odor free for the most part, and it seems that any concerns related to hygiene are addressed pretty quickly. There was a good activities calendar but, probably because of the size of the facility, it felt at times as if the residents didn't always know about all activities and so, sometimes they weren't able to become involved. Overall, I would say that this facility is average. It's probably a good choice for short term care but I don't know that I would recommend it for a longer term stay. It just lacks the feeling of "home" that I would want myself if I was going to be somewhere on a more permanent basis and it lacks much of a feeling of "family" or "closeness" from much of the staff.

About Liberty Healthcare Services

Liberty Healthcare Services is a senior living provider in Wilmington, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Liberty Healthcare Services for more details on services and rates.

Map of Liberty Healthcare Services