Brookdale Shelby

Brookdale Shelby (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Shelby

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Shelby

By Tom A

My mother has been living at Sterling House of Shelby for almost 2 years. She and the whole family have been very pleased with the facilities, the staff, the food and the activities offered there. I do not think that you can find any place better.

By Kim C.

My mother in law is a resident of Sterling House. She was reluctant before coming. Now, she raves about it every time that I see her. My husband and I have been exceptionally please with the facility, level of care, meals, and assistance, and activities that they provide. It has become home for my mother in law. She feels safe and secure there.

By MareeH

After more than 50 years in spencer, NC Rowan county, I came to Sterling House Shelby. I didn't know anybody but since my children are scattered I came where my daughter Kathryn is. I have been happy here and everyone is very helpful and kind. Even though they give us to much food.

Questions about Brookdale Shelby

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Shelby. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a very active community with active residents. The ages range from late 60’s through early 90’s. They love trips out to eat and to trade shows and festivals in the area

What programs or activities does Brookdale Shelby offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer cooking demos, restaurant outings, shopping, games and movie nights along with a book club.

What places are near Brookdale Shelby or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have the local Country Club and YMCA near the community. We are localed right near downtown with local shops restaurants and Coffee Shops.

What transportation services does Brookdale Shelby offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus that transports residents to appointments and on trips

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Shelby exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dining that appeals to the residents personal choice and caters to their likes and preferences.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Shelby offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secure community with a code to enter and exit the community. We are staffed 24 hours with associates for safety and peace of mind for our residents and families

How does Brookdale Shelby keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a monthly newsletter that is emailed to all of our families from our President of Resident Council

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Shelby during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff to care for our residents adding associates as we have our residents age in place.

If Brookdale Shelby accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a Pet friendly community that allows small dogs and cat. We have a courtyard to take the animals out to use the restroom.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We are monthly doing on the job trainings and in-services to keep our associates up to date with new information and procedures

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Shelby provide to protect residents who wander?

Our doors are secure but, have many tools for redirection and nursing interventions that we use to capture the root of the problem. We also have memory care communities within Brookdale that can provide a safe alternative to our residents.

Photos of Brookdale Shelby

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Shelby

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Spanish

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Shelby

Brookdale Shelby provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Shelby