Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center

Reviews of Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center

March 31, 2017

By dorot47

My mother was in Rex rehab and I must say the food was terrible some the caregiver was OK but some of them would like my mother sleep all day .They were giving my mother meds that I was told that she was not suppose to be taking. My mother had a doctor appt to get a eye injections and they cancelled the appt and didn't tell me. The doctor told me they have to authorize the procedure so they didn't want to pay for it even though her insurance give them their money back.. But what put the incing on the cake the day I took her to the appt. she was not a patients in the rehab anymore..

January 31, 2017

By Hankster

My mother broke her pelvis twice, the first time we took her to the Oaks, and the second, Rex Rehab. At the end of the day, these places are all the same, the food is terrible, the nurses are hit or miss, the aids are mostly bad, and the therapy people are excellent. Your loved one just has to put up with the negatives in order to receive the full benefit of the physical and occupational therapy. Take them food as often as possible, and make sure you are there at their side when you can, it makes a difference. Remember these rehab facilities are profit driven, so they cut cost where they can. Weekend staffing is less than desirable, this is when you will notice most issues, and the food is bad 75% of the time. Rex Rehab needs to update their TV game. The patients lie in their beds for hours, TV is all they have for entertainment. If they were to update the TV's and prepare better food, I would give them 4-stars, but for now they get 3, and that is being generous.

January 20, 2017

By George282124

I’m not at all happy with Rex Rehabilitation Center. They could improve on their staffing. They were running around all the time and never seemed to get anything finished. They tell the patients to wait and that they’ll be back later, but they never show up. They’re too busy running from one patient to another but they don’t get anything done right.

May 18, 2016

By ncguy

VERY inconsistent care, depends on whose working.at the time Sundays are skeleton crew and you can expect very little assistance for your loved one - guess they think patients' needs take a break on Sundays. My father in law has mild dementia and recently had an accident with his knee - he needs assistance with bathroom and transferring but doesn't always remember to ask for help so ends up in his bed for hours with a wet depends b/c no one comes. If it's known a pt has memory issues, then it is PRUDENT that the staff takes the initiative to check on them (esp after 2 hours??) Many times you ask a question and end up feeling like you're having a circular conversation and get a lot of back peddling. Communication is lacking and not timely and that is extremely frustrating. Attitude is not great either - we caught two therapy employees exchange "annoyed" glances when we asked questions about my father in laws progress etc..we couldn't believe it. Many look extremely unhappy in their jobs which doesn't make for a very pleasant atmosphere. Hopefully we'll never need a rehab facility again, but we definitely will NOT be requesting Rex Rehab of Raleigh. They all need a big vacation.

May 10, 2016

By Aldrige K.IOFJP

My wife fell and broke two bones in her ankle, so she’s in Rex Rehabilitation Center right now. They do a pretty good job of physical therapy and another therapy. She has a shared room with a roommate that she gets along with OK. Their rehab facilities are good. Sometimes she likes the food, sometimes she doesn’t. It’s generally pretty good food, but my wife is sort of peculiar about what she eats. The facility is nice and clean.

February 15, 2016

By Evelyn22

I had been at Rex Rehab. They were very good. I was very satisfied. It had normal institutions food, and I would say very good. I was able to walk, and to go home.

February 28, 2015

By Caring89720450

I was at Rex Rehab for about a month. Regarding the staff, they were all attentive. Food was adequate. It was good. I had a shared room, and it was small, but if you're going to be in rehab, I'd prefer to have a private room. They offered checkers or cards in the recreational room. Overall, at the time, I was pleased. I would prefer Rex Rehab over the other one.

January 26, 2015

By fedup999

STAY AWAY. Checked in 4.5 hours ago. Assigned a room where the TV did not work and they knew it. I had to ask at least 3 people for water and 3 hours later still no water. Also had 2 ask 3 people for a bladder bottle, a necessity. Suppose to be given a menu for dinner, none offered, they brought out what they wanted but to be fair I did check in at 4. I asked for tomorrow's menu about 1.5 hours ago. Still waiting. They have this number on the board for any complaints or concerns. I call it and they tell me to call back tomorrow! They just came to my bed and they dont have the right meds. Now the nurse is asking me what dosage. Well, they just fixed the TV after 4.5 hours of staring at the board saying how they strive for excellence.

April 18, 2013

By Barbara23

We chose Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center because it accepted Medicaid. The facility and staff were excellent. There was a hospital nearby so it was convenient in cases of emergency.

May 19, 2011

By jgflea

Friend or relative of resident

My father in law stayed at this facility briefly after having surgery and while the close proximity to the hospital was reassuring, the facility left much to be desired. My father in law was in his late seventies when he stayed here and he was treated like a non-entity. He was stuffed into a very small room that he had to share with another elderly patient and was rarely visited by the staff. During his stay, when we visited, I remember hearing one patient calling out "Nurse, nurse!" for more than 2 hours and no one ever responded. We finally ended up staying with my father in law around the clock for the rest of the time he stayed at this facility.

Services and Amenities of Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center

• Memory Care

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: , ,

About Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center

Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center is a senior living provider in Raleigh, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rex Rehab & Nsg Care Center