Brookdale New Bern

Reviews of Brookdale New Bern

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale New Bern

July 14, 2015

By caring28562

I visited Brookdale New Bern and was very pleased to see how bright it is! When you drive up, it looks like home. The staff is very friendly and you can tell they love what they do!

August 13, 2014

Sterling House of New Bern was okay. The room looked clean. She was not as thorough showing me everything. She did not explain a whole lot about the meals or anything. But it would be something that I would consider if I had to. It just was not quite as elegant as the other one. I did see the room and then she did show me a light housekeeping room that had just a twin bed and a little chair, a TV and just this little table, but it was very small. I don't think I would be interested in one that small for the time being. She didn't tell me too much about the activities. She actually walked me through it and then when we were finished and came back she stood there in the hallway and just handed me a brochure. But if I cannot go to that other facility, that would be my second choice.

June 12, 2013

By Caring2081

My father stayed for 18 days in Sterling House of New Bern. He was a veteran. He had his own private room and it was nice. There was a restaurant-style dinning room and meals were served by the staff. I had no problems with New Bern at all. They were very good to him. However, they could not handle him because his dementia was worse than they imagined. He needed more care, thus they transferred him to Morehead to their sister unit.

November 07, 2012

By NewBernResident1

I know someone that is in another facility in New Bern, NC. They had heard good things about Sterling House of New Bern and considered moving there. They asked me to take them there so they could check out the facility and see what it had to offer. There were several different care levels offered at Sterling House of New Bern. The facility was very clean and the staff was friendly. Parking is limited. The lady that greeted us informed us of room options, move in options, and other basic information. A short tour was given. The garden outside was well maintained. The tour director did inform us that they had staff to help dispense medication, help their clients get dressed, and perform other basic duties. There were not many residents outside of their rooms, but the ones that we did see were friendly. I would rate this as an average facility.

May 07, 2012

By malagara

The staff is very nice and seem to be aware of the needs of their patients.

July 08, 2011

By 53food

My grandmother was a client to the Sterling House senior care center. During her stay there, she was treated with care and attention. As someone suffering from advanced Alzheimer's, finding a place that could provide adequate care for her was a challenge in and of itself. She could no longer stay with my grandfather; she could have run off at any time and not remembered how to return home. When we brought her there, the caretakers quickly adopted a schedule to provide for her unique needs that suited both the faculty and my grandmother. Within a week they had the entire process down to a science. They provided meals for her, took care of her laundry and medications, and ensured she was comfortable and getting along with the other residents, despite her tendencies to wander around. All in all, they provided an invaluable service to both my grandmother and my family in a time of great stress for us.

Photos of Brookdale New Bern

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale New Bern

Brookdale New Bern provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale New Bern