Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City

Reviews of Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City

Assisted Living Reviews for Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City

February 23, 2017

By Proc4LDO

I have been to Waterbrooke on several times over this past summer and thought the place was well cleaned and found the staff extremely friendly toward myself and the residents. I was looking for a place to volunteer since our granddaughter were now in school and decided I would like to volunteer here. I had met with Audrey and Dana and had a very pleasant visit with them and a great tour of the facility. I had decided that I would like to work in the Activity department. I had a chance to look at their monthly calander and was most impressed of what I saw. Even after talking to a few residents they told me that they like the activities that were planned. I volunteered to be the chicken who would dance in a chicken suit for the Chicken Dance song. It is so much fun to see the look in the residents eyes when they hear that music begin. They start to clap their hangs and the ones in wheel chair they try to move t the beat of music as well. I even get the residents to get out their and shake it with me. In fact, we entered Waterbrooke in the Chicken Dance video contest thru Bojangles and WON a superbowl party for the entire place with a complete meal compliments of Bojangles. The residents were so extremely happy and we all had a great day like always. The staff at Waterbrooke is so warm, friendly and full of compassion you can see it in their eyes and feel the love they have for the resident thru how they care for them. They all work from their hearts and that is what has drawn me to volunteer here. If you are interested in visiting just call and Audrey C. with gladly show you around.. I do have to say what I was upmost impressed by was the memory care unit. The entire staff works so hard and is dedicated to total love and understanding for each resident. You can see it in their touch from a simple shoulder rub to a pat on the back and then the resident has a big smile on their face.. Again I highly recommend this place to anyone seeking help with their loved ones. SUPERB CARE BY THE ENTIRE STAFF

July 26, 2016

By heather215

Don't place for family member here. The building is falling apart, the aides are okay, you can tell theyre just there to do a job. The administration staff are horrible. Rhonda (RCC), shes a very pretentious person, shes rude and doesn't know how to talk to people. Dana (Administrator) is okay, its hard to catch her without an "appointment", but id rather deal with her than Rhonda any day. The way they talk to their staff is ridiculous, you over hear aides talking about how their job sucks, how ready they are to be home, its sad.

May 11, 2015

By Nancy102310150

It's less than what I would like it to be. For one thing it’s staffed with people who really are nice people, but don’t know what they are doing. We have bingo and some lady or a gentleman that would come in on Sunday morning and would have a church service; basically that's about it as far as I can tell. I find the cleanliness is less than adequate.

Services and Amenities of Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City

About Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City

Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City is a senior living provider in Elizabeth City, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City for more details on services and rates.

Map of Waterbrooke of Elizabeth City