Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

July 24, 2010

By laquasha

Laquasha

My mother is at the Heritage House after suffering a broken femur and being on fosamax for 15 years. She is 65 and has all of her mental capacities intact. I visit her there. She cannot get clean fresh water every day. I asked an aide for fresh water for her, and she proceded to fill the previous day's container with ice cubes and no water. There was about an inch of old warm water in the container from the previous day. There is no ice on the 4th floor where my mom is staying. They have to bring up the ice in coolers. In my opinion, they act like the ice cubes are gold. HELLO! GET AN ICE MACHINE INSTALLED UP THERE! IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! I asked for an ice pack for my mom's leg because the one she had was not cold anymore. She was having a LOT of pain. No one could answer me. A man who worked there did not know where the ice packs were. I finally got someone to help and get her an ice pack. They used a plastic bag and once again acted like the ice was gold and filled the bag with ice cubes. When mom asks for her pain meds, they take at least a half hour and up to 2 hours to get to her. My mom was supposed to be woken up to get her pain med during the night. No one woke her up. She was in excruciating pain when she did wake up. That happened several times now. Someone stole her Avon skin cream off of her dresser. My sister asked if anyone had found her skin cream. The reply she got was "Is your mother forgetful?" Ridiculous! Oh and my mom cried once about how much pain she was having (due to femur fracture and inability to get her pain meds on time and being frustrated and in a LOT of pain), and they started giving her Zoloft an antidepressant without even telling her!!! On a positive note, my mom liked the food choices. Many of the aides and nurses were very helpful. The physical therapists were very good. Thank you to the staff members that are helpful and care about the patients. TO THE MANAGEMENT AND/OR OWNER OF THE HERITAGE HOUSE: CAN'T YOU GET AN ICE MACHINE ON THE 4TH FLOOR? SURELY YOU CAN AFFORD IT! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REHABILITATING INJURED PEOPLE AND THEY NEED ICE PACKS FOR THEIR PAINFUL INJURIES AND THEY WOULD ALSO LIKE FRESH CLEAN WATER DAILY!!! I can't believe how stupid it is to not have these basic things! WORD TO EVERYONE: TRY NOT TO BREAK ANY BONES! GOOD LUCK TO PEOPLE NOW THAT WE HAVE OBAMACARE. I guess I should be happy that Mom is still alive!

Services and Amenities of Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

The historical city of Troy, New York, is home to the Eddy Heritage House. Seniors can enjoy the tranquility of its spacious courtyards or the beauty of its panoramic views of the Hudson Valley. Residents benefit from nearby churches, shopping outlets, restaurants, health care facilities, and additional local conveniences.

Eddy Heritage House functions primarily as an assisted living or independent living community, also offering adult day care, hospice and respite services. Memory care services are also provided on an as-needed basis, and skilled nursing is available 24/7. Occupational, physical and speech therapy are provided along with vision, stroke, dental and wound care. The community's comprehensive health care services also include medication management and podiatry.

Eddy Heritage House offers many wonderful amenities to its residents. All of the rooms come with cable television, Wi-Fi and safety/handicap features, including an emergency call system. Housekeeping services are also offered to all seniors. A beauty salon and barbershop is conveniently located on the premises, along with a full-service dining room. Regularly scheduled social activities are available along with off-site group outings, daily exercise classes, and various spiritual/religious activities.

Map of Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center