Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

Memory Care Reviews for Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

December 27, 2019

By Elizabeth

Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie was our best choice so far. I was happy enough to place my cousin in their care for respite. I liked it. They have single rooms that were well equipped. They have nice activities for the residents. The food was good. They have in-room bathrooms with a shower, bathtub, and sink. It was a locked facility for memory care.

January 18, 2019

By Dale

Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie was a brand-new place, so everything looked good. The staff was nice. The dining area looked fine. We didn't notice anything wrong with that at all. The room looked good. With it being memory care, there was no real kitchen or kitchenette type of facilities in it. It was like a large motel room. The bathrooms had good handgrips in it. We were accommodated very well. It was all clean and everything was good.

January 01, 2019

By Daughter of cared for mom

My mother has been living at Peregrine since the end of September (~3 mos when posting this review). I visit 2-3 times per week, and in this time, I have found the staff to be a caring and patient group of people that give my mom the attention she needs, and treat her as they would their own family. My mother has always been a "foodie" and she praises the dining experience! The food is sincerely top notch. The medical staff is responsive and will call with concerns and information promptly. The facility is very clean with a nice layout, secure outside areas, and beautiful birds in an indoor living area to watch at your leisure. Overall, my mom and I are both quite happy where she is, and I would highly recommend Peregrine in Colonie to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones to reside with peace of mind.
See all Memory Care reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Questions about Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly training that includes experts like Teepa Snow and Naoimi Feil

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We schedule per shift based on DOH regulations for our ALR/SNALR/EALR level of care.

What programs or activities does Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Colonie is a vibrant/active memory care community. We offer a large variety of memory care activity programs that help our residents be joyful through tapping into lifelong memories whether it be through exercise or spiritual services.

Pre-move in screens are completed by our team including our resident care director and/or case manager to develop a care plan individualized for our residents needs. These evaluations are completed every 6 months and any time there is a change in condition.

What techniques does Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Peregrine offers supervised dining with an environment where employees are able to encourage, remind and support residents to maintain their independence while offering simple choices and personalization with the knowledge of our residents likes & dislikes. Additionally, Peregrine contracts with dietician and therapy services who are able to participating us with supporting our residents needs as needed and as based on the primary care physicians referral.

How does Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Peregrine Senior Living provides care "The Peregrine Way" which includes focusing on helping our residents maintain a connection to themselves. We do this by encouraging and including resident's responsible parties and family members in every day life. Communication is key and we encourage routine communication with our staff (Resident Care Director, Case Manager, etc) via scheduled meetings, phone calls, emails, whichever works best and is agreed upon by both parties, to accomplish this. Any change is condition is communicated to the resident's chosen representative as soon as that resident's immediate need is met by staff.

Describe the neighborhood around Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Peregrine Colonie is located on a quiet street nestled next to CBA High School and is convenient to the Albany Airport, Rt. 87 and the NYS Thruway. The setting offers all the conveniences of city life without the noise and congestion.

Is Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie is one of multiple memory care and senior living communities serving residents across NYS, as well as other states, which includes but is not limited to our Peregrine Clifton Park, Shaker, Guilderland, Delmar & Crossgate communities. Our designated case managers, resident care teams and executive directors work closely with our residents and their responsible parties/family members to assure our residents receive individualized plans of care and refer them to services to meet their personal physical, emotional and social needs.

Costs for Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

Photos of Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

Services and Amenities of Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie

Peregrine Senior Living improves the lives of our residents and families by revolutionizing expectations of the aging process through unsurpassed care. Our caring and compassionate staff fulfills a unique approach to memory care that we call The Peregrine Way®. This approach follows three fundamental principles:

Renewal of the individual growth process. We assist each resident in identifying new goals or renewing old interests so they continue to grow mentally, spiritually and socially.

Deepening of the spiritual experience. We emphasize the spiritual dimension of aging and help provide continuity of experience from childhood to the present.

Lifelong learning in furthering intellectual pursuits. We partner with local colleges and organizations to provide a lecture series on a wide variety of topics that can be shared with family and friends.

Community Highlights:

• Spacious, ground-level floor plan with common areas, including living room and activity centers
  • Full-service activity kitchens for supervised cooking
  • Restaurant-style dining rooms
  • Guest meals available upon request
  • On-site beauty spa for everything from hair styling to manicures and pedicures
  • Beautiful country chapel and regular spiritual services for all faiths
  • Expansive grounds and secure, enclosed courtyards for barbecues and safe outdoor fun
  • 24-hour emergency call system in bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas
  • Private bath/shower in all resident rooms

We serve the needs of our residents and their families by providing unsurpassed care, fostering spirituality, embracing long-term memories and exploring together meaningful life experiences.

Map of Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie