Brookdale East Niskayuna

Reviews of Brookdale East Niskayuna

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale East Niskayuna

August 11, 2017

By RORYROSIE11

I would NEVER STEP FOOT EVER AGAIN in the facility. I was looking for a placement for my mom and dad. I was stiffed by the ED the first time GIVEN A TOUR BY AN AIDE and the second meeting was with the ED and LPN. Place smelled like Urine. The ED promoted himself more than the actual care. Gave me a water bottle and Hat, said he couldnt take care if my mom because they do not have a waiver.

We regret to hear that your experience was less than you expected, but we do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us from your visits. Your feedback has been passed along to our regional management team for review.

September 29, 2015

I visited a facility which used to be called Clare Bridge of Niskayuna (Brookdale East Niskayuna). They were very good and very helpful, but they didn't have an opening. They were very helpful in setting up a time to visit the place, and I was very pleased with how quickly they were able to do that.

April 20, 2015

By Carrie19

My mother was at Clare Bridge for five months. At the time she went from the hospital to there, we only had four days to find a facility for her because of insurance. She had to be in memory care as well. Finding a memory care within a 4-day window that had an immediate opening was very difficult. Her insurance wouldn't allow her to stay at the hospital any longer. It is a smaller facility. It had about 40 residents, so there might only 4 or 5 that were higher functioning. Out of those, maybe 2 or 3 either went out with family members or they didn't feel socializing so they're staying in their room some days, so mom started to get isolated. Nobody to chat with. That made a big difference for her. She should be able to have a larger pool of friends that are at her same level. It's nice to have 140 people because she has a bigger bunch of people to choose from, mixed up with and could hang out with friends, so every day isn't the same day all the time. For my mother because she's higher functioning, that’s very good for her. But it really wasn't a matter of anything Clare Bridge did wrong. They did have trips, bingo, regular exercise programs every day, and movies. It just was that she felt she got stagnant with just a group of people. She just needed more socialization. I thought the place was pretty good. But there were a couple of things that I wish that they had done better. Mom had a problem with the heat flowing into her room because the vents were stuck open, and it took them weeks and weeks just to get a vent cover replaced. We kept asking and kept asking. There seems to be a lack of funding. It seems like cleanliness was definitely an issue. They didn't seem to have the money to fix things. They lost their activity director for a while, and it took them quite some time to replace her.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

September 12, 2014

Clare Bridge was a small community and everything in there was very nice. The staff was very good. The rooms were nice and perfect for one person. They have all sorts of activities.

June 13, 2014

By daughter4545

I want to say this facility has an incredible Dementia Specialist and he happens to be the Executive Director. His name is Matthew and our family could not ask for a more intelligent and caring individual. With his knowledge and leadership , they trule gave us our family back. Matthew truly cares and its very evident with all if his staff as well. All families that have someone in their family that has dementia, should meet Matthew. He's truly amazing. Clara Bridge is lucky to have him

April 24, 2014

By Linda83217250

Clare Bridge of Niskayuna is a Brookdale community for memory care. We really like it for Dad's care. My father was sent there because he has onset of dementia, and that's where he could go based on his mobility. It is expensive, but my father and mother can afford it. Their rooms are nice and big. The facility is clean. My dad gets good care there. They monitor his blood pressure and check on him. Meals are also good.

August 25, 2013

My husband stayed in Clare Bridge for several months. Their services were satisfactory. Although they did overlook on some things regarding caring for my husband, like he wasn't being bathed as often as he should have been. However, I think their patients were giving them a hard time.

June 15, 2012

By macbookpro123

The facility seemed very nice. It was well cared after and the staff seemed to be very friendly. I think my grandmother was fairly happy living there. She complained to me about the food, but she was a very picky eater so this may or may not be a problem. The staff seemed very competent and helpful towards her. She became a part of the community and made a few friends while she was there. Overall this was a good place for her to be over a nursing home. It was very expensive but because of her extensive savings was well worth it. The location was close to our house and it made visiting her often very easy. They require that you use their service for perscriptions and it seems to be quite expensive. I never compared the costs to that of CVS but I would imagine that this is another way for them to make money.
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Costs for Brookdale East Niskayuna

Photos of Brookdale East Niskayuna

Services and Amenities of Brookdale East Niskayuna

• Get Costs

About Brookdale East Niskayuna

At Brookdale East Niskayuna we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale East Niskayuna are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale East Niskayuna