The Birches at Concord

Reviews of The Birches at Concord

Memory Care Reviews for The Birches at Concord

February 26, 2016

By Paul119086250

I am impressed with the Birches at Concord because they specialize in Alzheimer’s. The staff was very good. The rooms are very spacious and are private and semi-private. They do some games and activities, like tours down to the local marketplace. My mother has been there for four months now.

Thank you! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please call us at any time (603.224.9111) if your mother ever needs anything.

November 24, 2015

By Diane115108750

I went to The Birches. It was a beautiful place, but the problem is, it was really expensive. The rooms were smaller than the room my mom has now, but the facility itself was great. I wanted to stay for dinner; they had shrimp wrapped in bacon and looked really good. The dining area was beautiful, too. The man who gave us a tour was very nice. He called back a couple of times to check if we had found a place. It was just too expensive. They have memory places on the different floors, too. I didn’t observe too much, but there was plenty to do because you could go walk outside in the sunny sitting area and see all kinds of stuff going on that they had posted. I didn’t see the activities, however; I think I was too overwhelmed with the price and knew it wasn’t going to be an option.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (603-224-9111) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

January 06, 2012

By sethd28

My grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease about 5 years ago. At that point he said he wanted to live at home as long as he could maintain a high quality of life. Once he either noticed, or we noticed that his quality of life was beginning to suffer, he wanted us to ensure that we would find the appropriate assisted living for him. My grandfather wanted to be part of this process, so we began our search. After looking at 7 different places, he told us that The Birches at Concord was the one place that he would want to go when the time came. When he did move in the people were exceptional, and amenities many, and the programs kept him busy. The only piece that would need tweaking was the food. It was dull and bland and it felt as though it was created by people who didn't care, and knew their consumer was someone with Alzheimer's Disease. It was 7 years ago now that he first entered the community, and we have seen Executive Directors come and go, along with other direct care staff. However, the overall feel the place has not changed. It is still a great place to get awesome care. They hold great Christmas parties during the season, and utilize the outdoor spaces as best they can in the summer. We are more than happy with everything that goes on there, and recommend it to our friends. The costs are getting higher and higher each year, and we don't know how much longer he will be able to afford to stay there at over $7000 per month. Until then, we will continue to enjoy our visits and sleep at night knowing he is well cared for.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 To 1 Varies Depending On Time Of Day

• Licenses: 805

About The Birches at Concord

The Birches, a 52-apartment community, is Concord, New Hampshire's first assisted living community exclusively dedicated to those with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of memory loss.

Set in a peaceful hillside location, The Birches at Concord provides a familiar home-like environment designed to serve the needs of those with memory loss. Exceptional services led by a trained, experienced staff are the cornerstone of The Birches. We understand and respond to the needs of our residents and their families. It is the people who make the difference at The Birches. Welcome to The Birches at Concord!

The Birches at Concord was New Hampshire's first community exclusively dedicated to memory care, and today, we are still leading the way. Our patience, understanding, and experience make a world of difference. Our community feels as welcoming as a country inn, and here, every sight, sound, taste, feeling, and experience is designed to help seniors with memory loss lead more rewarding lives.

Map of The Birches at Concord