The Arbors of Bedford

Reviews of The Arbors of Bedford

Memory Care Reviews for The Arbors of Bedford

January 04, 2012

By SlimJim6264

Please, for the sake of your loved one, disregard the previous negative comments about the Arbors of Bedford. My mother has been a resident of the Arbors for the past 4 years and has never received anything but truly exceptional care. I feel that the people that leave these reviews have nothing better to do with their time. Losing a cherished family member to Alzheimer's disease is extremely hard. Some people are unable to cope with the stress and lash out at the people who have given your family member love and care. I especially find it hard to believe that someone would feel the need to post a review three years later. If you are looking for a special assisted living facility, one that will provide your family member with fantastic care, a feeling of community, love and home, then do yourself a favor and check the place out for yourself! My mother's nursing staff has never been anything but helpful and kind. I know that my mother is always being attended to. There are also a number of activities going on all day long to keep the residents happy and busy. I have never encountered a member of the staff unwilling to help me with any issue. I can't even imagine a facility with a Director that is more approachable than the Arbors. Overall, you will be doing yourself a great service to look into the Arbors of Bedford for yourself.

November 20, 2011

By sugar1161

My grandfather was a resident of The Arbors for a year and a half before recently passing away after a brief illness. If you are considering placing a family member in the care of The Arbors, I would encourage you to think long and hard about that decision. When my grandfather first moved into this facility, he thrived and the care he received was wonderful. About 6 months ago, the facility had some major turnovers with the staffing and the care went down hill. It was at this time that he started getting sick and had reoccurring problems with his health. Our family was not notified of his health issues and on more than one occasion, he had to be transported to the hospital due to infections and severe dehydration. We believe that he was allowed to deteriorate far to much before the decision was made to have him admitted to the hospital. Both times that he was admitted to the hospital he was in kidney failure due to the dehydration. The new Director of Nursing is rude and abrasive. She does not know how to work with dementia patients or their families. Once your family member passes, the tone changes dramatically from compassionate to cold. They want nothing more to fill the room with a new resident. It seems like money is the primary objective now.

We are very sorry that you had a less-than-satisfactory experience under the previous owners at The Arbors. As the new owners, LCB Senior Living is committed to making this the finest memory care community in the region.

September 29, 2011

By MissingHer1

I had to bring my grandmother here due to her becoming very ill and extremely weak very quickly. I was unable to handle her needs at the time and searched for a place that would really take care of her. The home was clean and the staff seemed like they cared about their residents. The one thing that I really appreciated was how they made each residents room/home, as much like their real home as they could. They really tried to make my grandmother as comfortable as possible. They offered a decent amount of activities and helped my grandmother get on the internet as well. I think the pricing was fair considering I could not provide the help my grandmother needed. Food left something to be desired however. I really would recommend Arbors of Bedford for those looking for a place to bring their loved one in NH. They also really encourage visitors and family gathering at the facility. You never feel that far away!

August 04, 2011

By Cherine81

I had an uncle who was in this facility about 3 years ago. I visited him several times and it seemed each time there was more of a problem than the last. One of my major concerns was the frequency with which the staff interacted with him. My uncle was partially immobile and he was always upset that he seemed to be "stuck" in his room. There was one occasion when I went to see him and he wasn't in his room. The staff did not know where he was. It took us almost 4 hours to locate him, even though he was just in the recreational hall. Another aspect of his care that bothered us was their inability to assist with filling out paperwork, such as social security & insurance documents. There was a nice social worker, but as is with most assisted living and nursing homes, there is just not enough time for one person to be able to give enough attention to their clients. My uncle's children do not live nearby, so it was left to the rest of the family to try to assist him and it was just a difficult place for us. While I admit there were many other places that were much worse, we would not put another family member here because of the difficulties we encountered. If you are forced to place a relative here, just make sure you are able to stay on top of the staff in regards to your individual needs.

See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of The Arbors of Bedford

Services and Amenities of The Arbors of Bedford

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Arbors of Bedford

The Arbors of Bedford, dedicated exclusively to serve the need of individuals with memory loss, is a leading provider and expert in memory care in New Hampshire. Memory care is all we do, and every sight, sound, taste, feeling and experience is designed to help seniors with memory loss lead more rewarding lives. Nestled in the pines along the Merrimack River, in the heart of an American Bald Eagle sanctuary, we help create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling. Our unique, single story residence helps residents to maintain their independence and connect with the people who love them most.

Caring for the whole person is at the heart what we do at The Arbors of Bedford. Our residents live in an amenity-rich setting supported by a caring team with an innovative memory care program that celebrates and supports the capabilities of each resident through individualized and group activities that encourage creativity and self-expression. This program gives residents freedom, choice and the opportunity to enjoy a meaningful day, every day.

Map of The Arbors of Bedford