The Arbors of Bedford

Reviews of The Arbors of Bedford

Memory Care Reviews for The Arbors of Bedford

September 11, 2020

By EileenN

This place is the worst! Staff lack the proper training to do their jobs. There are a few special LNAs and nurses, but most are too burned out and don’t care about the residents. The building is old and in need of upgrades to their heating and cooling system, phone lines, cable, and internet. Cooling and heating is a major safety issue and temperatures in the resident rooms can be unsafe. Food is not great. A lot of processed and canned food and no fresh fruit or veggies. Concerns and complaints are not addressed and all you get is lip service. It is a full time job to advocate for your loved one to receive proper treatment and care. I would look for any other place before going here.

October 05, 2019

By Bill

The Arbors of Bedford seemed appropriate. It is clean and laid out nicely. They also have an engaging staff. They are set up basically in two wings. One wing is the memory care and the other wing is the assisted living. Within the wings they have set up what they call neighborhoods where they dine in smaller groups. The neighborgoods also have places for activities. The facilities are quite adequate.

August 27, 2014

By lindsay5

My mother was here for 5 years and they provided great care for her. It was a very difficult decision to move my mom from her home of 30 years but it was no longer a safe place for her. The caring and knowledgeable staff guided me through the process and let me know of all the available options. We decided to make the move and couldn't have been happier. I came across this site while doing some research for a friend and felt compelled to write this as the care and compassion was that good and I will definitely recommend this facility for her mom. By far the best place in southern NH for alzheimers care.

April 04, 2014

By Jo from India

My Dad has been at The Arbors for almost six months now. I am so impressed with the warmth and concern of each member of staff, with their obvious affection for the residents and with their genuine desire to keep them (and their families!) happy. The place is beautifully designed, clean and there is a good mix of activities on offer every day. The food is not what I would like myself, but Dad enjoys it a lot and I think most people in his age bracket expect and prefer the sort of standard American food which is served. All in all, I recommend The Arbors enthusiastically.

September 29, 2011

By MissingHer1

I had to bring my grandmother here due to her becoming very ill and extremely weak very quickly. I was unable to handle her needs at the time and searched for a place that would really take care of her. The home was clean and the staff seemed like they cared about their residents. The one thing that I really appreciated was how they made each residents room/home, as much like their real home as they could. They really tried to make my grandmother as comfortable as possible. They offered a decent amount of activities and helped my grandmother get on the internet as well. I think the pricing was fair considering I could not provide the help my grandmother needed. Food left something to be desired however. I really would recommend Arbors of Bedford for those looking for a place to bring their loved one in NH. They also really encourage visitors and family gathering at the facility. You never feel that far away!
See all Memory Care reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Photos of The Arbors of Bedford

Services and Amenities of The Arbors of Bedford

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Arbors of Bedford

The Arbors of Bedford, dedicated exclusively to serve the need of individuals with memory loss, is a leading provider and expert in memory care in New Hampshire. Memory care is all we do, and every sight, sound, taste, feeling and experience is designed to help seniors with memory loss lead more rewarding lives. Nestled in the pines along the Merrimack River, in the heart of an American Bald Eagle sanctuary, we help create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling. Our unique, single story residence helps residents to maintain their independence and connect with the people who love them most.

Caring for the whole person is at the heart what we do at The Arbors of Bedford. Our residents live in an amenity-rich setting supported by a caring team with an innovative memory care program that celebrates and supports the capabilities of each resident through individualized and group activities that encourage creativity and self-expression. This program gives residents freedom, choice and the opportunity to enjoy a meaningful day, every day.

Map of The Arbors of Bedford