Arbors Memory Care Community

Reviews of Arbors Memory Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Arbors Memory Care Community

October 26, 2012

By Carolyn3

My brother looked up Arbors Memory care on the internet. I was trying to figure out what to do for my mom. I went and looked at the place and I talked to them. After talking to them I found them very helpful. They were so caring and sweet. When I looked up the reviews on the internet, they have quality people there. When I viewed it was like being in a hotel and when my mom went inside she thought she's in a hotel. She loved it. She thought it was beautiful. I like the freedom there. They were able to go and do what they would like to do. They had freedom and I like that. It didn't feel like a confinement and there was no smell. My mom has a single room by herself and it's a large room. She's happier that way. She's always taken care of. I don't walk in there where I feel like they are not doing their job. I have eaten there and the food is great. I've never had problem with food. Sometimes I eat with her. Sometimes I'm there for a family night and the again the food is great and I can't complain with any of it. I love the staff in Arbors Memory Care. They're so caring and so sweet. I never walked one time where I heard an angry word come out of them. They treat their residents so much like family. They treat them so good and they're so sweet to them. They would stop anything they're doing to take care of a situation. They're wonderful!

October 26, 2012

By Donna10

Arbors Memory Care was highly recommended to us and also when we went to visit, it just had a homey feeling. My mom has been there for 4 years. Through that period of time, the one thing that is always constant is that she is busy. They have many activities which many of the other facilities do not offer and makes such a difference in the quality of life. She's had exemplary care. It seems that people who worked there actually have feelings for the residents rather than just doing things as a job. My mom was in a room by herself for more than 3 years. Recently we just moved her in with a roommate and it works just fine. It's a large bedroom with a bathroom. The food is wonderful. They have a family night once a month and we eat there at least once a month. The food they serve is nicely prepared. It's tasty and well presented.

February 09, 2012

By KellAlpha

My girlfriend's grandmother is currently a residence at The Arbors. I first visited the place when I was going to drive my girlfriend's mother and grandmother around for a bit so she could have a change of scenery. When I first entered The Arbors, every attendant was very cheerful and welcoming. I also noticed the place was very clean, welcoming, and simple. When we went to get the grandmother from the room, she wasn't being very cooperative and putting up a fit. This is where I was disappointed in The Arbors. The attendants were very rude to us and to her, acting as if our presence there was to blame for the grandmother acting out and causing a scene. The attendant acted as if she just wanted us gone. After we calmed the grandmother down and buckled her in the car, the attendants were calm and nice again. The facility is beautiful and well kept, but this experience has left me thinking that some of the attendants need an attitude adjustment. Also, a few days later, we received a call from The Arbors at home about the grandmother falling and hitting her head. When my girlfriend's mother kept asking the attendant how serious it was, they kept repeating the same thing over and over and finally admitted that they didn't personally know the grandmother and what her condition was (dementia and Alzheimer's). This caused a lot of frustration. I had hoped that The Arbors would have had one of their attendant's speak to us that actually knew the grandmother. Overall, I would say some of the attendants are not the best around, but acceptable.
See all Memory Care reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Photos of Arbors Memory Care Community

About Arbors Memory Care Community

Arbors Memory Care Community is devoted entirely to memory care. Your loved one living with Alzheimer's or other types of dementia will not only receive basic physical care, but will thrive in an environment creatively designed for their psychological well being, social needs, and entertainment.

Map of Arbors Memory Care Community