Oasis At Dodge Park Worcester, MA

Oasis At Dodge Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Oasis At Dodge Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Oasis At Dodge Park

By Judywsings

My 93-year old mother became a resident of Oasis at Dodge Park six weeks ago. Her dementia had been significantly increasing, and the assisted living facility she was at previously could no longer manage her care - i.e. incontinence, combative behavior, not sleeping at night, challenges with ADL's. Within three weeks, the outstanding staff and resources at the Oasis figured out what was causing my mom's behavior [UTI, medication issues], and now my mom is clean, groomed, happy, eating, sleeping, and participating in a wide variety of activities. And she's playing their baby grand piano! She's always happy to see me, and I am extremely grateful to Micha, Ben, Carrie, Renee and the amazing staff at the Oasis!

By SusanMW

My family and I were extremely happy with the care my Mother received. From the moment she was admitted her care was exceptional. Every staff member treated her with dignity and compassion. The facility is meticulously cared for, meals are well rounded and the dietary staff go above and beyond to accommodate the most picky of eaters. The rooms are decorated tastefully with views of the courtyard or front of building. Residents have multiple activities throughout the day.

By Pats2434

My father was in this facility until he passed, and my mother is currently in this facility. Of the many places my parents were over the years, this is far and away the best. While it is clear the building is new and top notch, the staff is what sets it apart. All the staff love the patients and provide amazing consistent care.

By S. Atkins

Extremely caring staff. Wonderfully engaging entertainment and activities by visiting performers. Lovely, bright, welcoming facility. Facility is always clean, staff members are always working, and engaging constantly with each resident. Heartfelt compassionate staff members who appear to work together as a team for the benefit of each resident. Regardless of individual's abilities, the staff engages each resident as they are able and feel comfortable. Family members are always welcome at meals, for visits, entertainment. Owners of the facility are as involved as the staff, knowing each resident as an important, vital individual, and interacting with them constantly. Laundry is clean, individually identified and put away for each resident. Rooms are organized and kept neat and orderly. Safety and well being of residents appears to be the number one priority. Private space for family birthday: visiting. Beautiful grounds and outside (safe) areas for sitting - and cookouts and entertainment. Holidays are all marked with decoration and activities. Our family looks forward to, and truly enjoys visiting, and also allows us to feel confident that our mother is well cared for and safe when we leave.
Thank you very much a great review. We truly enjoy working with your family. Thank you for trusting your love done in our care.

By Ann

Oasis at Dodge Park is great. We really can't say enough good things about them. My father was there almost a year. Everybody was very nice to him and even to my mother. My mother was almost around every day and they did everything for her also. The place was very clean and the food was very good. The value was comparable to other places too. Micah and Ben are terrific. The people that took care of my father were exceptional too, even the people in the food service and everybody in the office. The compassion they have for the people that are in there are just tremendous. It was Easter time and one caregiver just spent the whole time being there and talking to the resident because a family of a resident didn’t come. I love them!
Thank you for a great review. We truly appreciate this as well as your support of our organization.

April 13, 2018

By Diane A.

I have not one bad thing to say about Oasis at Dodge Park. I only have praise. My mother was in a home before she went to Oasis and she did not get close to the care she gets now. She's improved tremendously since she's been in Oasis. She's never going to be good but compared to what she was, she's fabulous. The facility is brand new. It's bright, cheery and on one floor. They don't have to walk up and down the stairs for anything. I ate lunch with my mother more than a couple of times and the food is good. The staff is very attentive too. I have 100% communication with them even with the slightest thing that happens to my mother. They call and notify me right away, it doesn't have to be a fall or anything. It could just be anything. They let me know if anything beside the ordinary happens (which I did not have previously with another company). One day they called me and said that there was soup spilled on her. Now, I don’t think any places do that. I was flabbergasted and VERY happy. There's always somebody there. The administrators are there ALL THE TIME. They'll take time to talk to you anytime. I email with the nurse that’s on the floor frequently to ask her questions because I'm in the Florida and that's in Massachusetts. So for me it’s important to know that where my mother is she's being cared for well. I know that she is because in October of last year my aunt passed away. I had to fly back to Massachusetts. Now, no one in Oasis knew I was going back to Massachusetts because it was a last minute thing. I walked in the door and my mother was clean, fed and her room was neat. She was also out in the activity, just the way I want to see her - WELL CARED FOR. And that was a complete unexpected visit because they could just wash her until I came back and check in. I call also and talk to my mother. They get her the phone or we try to Skype on the computer but that's a little more difficult. I mean I'm able to communicate as much as I can with my mother and the communication with the facility (both the nurses and the management) is outstanding. They have MANY activities everyday even on the weekends. They bring people in from the outside. I was there once and they had a magician. They also have music, drumming and exercise. My mother is busy all day long even at night. There is not much time that they can sit in a chair and do nothing unless they so choose. They inter mix everybody. If you're one that can't get around very much you're still part of the activity and can still participate as much as you can whereas where my mother was before when she get to the point that she couldn't do a lot for herself, she sat in a chair all day. It's a little more expensive than other places but it’s worth every dime. I can't say enough good things. They have never once disappointed me. It's wonderful!
Thank you very much for validating our hard work year around. We do work hard to ensure resident experience in our community will be unique. Thank you for being such great advocate for mom and support our organization.

April 04, 2018

By joe1d

great facility. very attentive to residents care. food is amazing and we join anytime we want for free. nursing staff on top of the care and a great medical team that always available.the activities on site is very good.non stop entertianments 7 days a week. a lot of music therapy, art craft and more. if you looking for a place for your loved o e, dont look any further.

March 29, 2018

By Bob C.

My brother has been at Oasis at Dodge Park for over a year now. It's been a wonderful experience. The facility is magnificent; it's like a Marriot Hotel. It's very clean. The staff and ownership are terrific as well. They're very much involved so they're very progressive. The food is good and my brother likes it. There's entertainment for all residents on an ongoing basis. There are activities both in the morning, afternoon and also on the weekend. There’s musical entertainment and they teach all kinds of classes. They do a wonderful job to get the residents to participate. I think it's a tremendous value for what the cost is. To sum it up, it’s a wonderful place!
Thank you for a wonderful review. It is our pleasure to care for your brother. It is always great to deal with a very caring and committed family. We do work very hard to provide the best possible care to our residents 24/7. We do have a wonderful team in place that fully committed to provide the best in resident care.

March 27, 2018

By Philip C.

Oasis at Dodge Park couldn't be better. My brother had to be in this situation and those people are tremendous. They are the most hands on owner I've ever seen in my life. Ben and Micha are on site all the time. We couldn't be happier! They care about people. I'm very IMPRESSED. They’re A+ across the board.
Thank you for a wonderful review. We truly appreciate all the family support

January 13, 2018

By Donna

Dodge Park Rest Home was older, darker, and had two different levels. The rooms were gloomy. However, the staff was very good. The owner was very thorough during the tour. There was a party room in the basement and someone was having a birthday party for one of the residents. Their family was there, so they were very happy.

October 02, 2017

By Judy D. R.

The staff at Oasis is unbelievably wonderful. They are consistently kind, patient and caring. The facility earns its name-- it is an oasis of calm, bright and lovely. I am very, very pleased with the decision to move my mother there.

September 07, 2017

By APRose

The Oasis at Dodge Park is not only a beautiful facility, but full of love. The care that was provided to my father and now provided to mother here is top notch. I could not say enough about how much support I feel from all of the staff here and how great they are at communicating to family members and caring for their patients. My mom was previously in a different home, and moving her to Oasis was the best decision. It is clear that the care she is getting is so fantastic -- she has even made incredible changes in her behavior that we thought were not reversible. I am lucky to have my parents supported by Oasis.

By judy bath

7 months of having my mom here and truly can not find any faults-clean, well staffed, good nutritious meals, pretty environment, many activities, outside events-owners are frequently in the facility-on top of medical, emotional issues-

By Jane Ann

My family member has been a resident at The Oasis for several months and we are more than pleased with the care she has received. I am a retired registered nurse and was looking for a facility that would provide attention to the details of her individual needs on every level. I have not been disappointed. The Oasis management and line staff are sensitive, professional and dedicated to the residents and their families. I highly recommend Oasis to others like us who need to know their loved one is safe and well cared for at all times.
Thank you Jane for the kind words. As a previous DON in a skilled nursing facility , your warm words mean a lot to us at the Oasis at Dodge Park. Thank you for trusting us with mom care. She is a pleasure to be around.

By Jim Andrade

Great facility. We are very pleased with the care and respect given to our family members. Great job Oasis staff.
Thank you very much for the positive review. I am truly appreciate the kind words.

By Doris91

I visit my mother at The Oasis at Dodge Park almost every day. I am so thankful that she is in such a caring facility. NO matter what time of day I visit I am always impressed with the level of care and concern shown to all the residents. I applaud the entire staff for providing a safe and loving home to all the residents.
Thank you very much for your warm words. It a pleasure to see your commitment mom on a daily visit. Thank you for trusting us with the care of mom.

By Jeanne's kin

There cannot be another Home that cares for it's residents the way the staff at Oasis cares for my mother. The entire staff including nurses, aides, servers, etc. know the residents by name and treat them with kindness and respect. Hugs are freely given to all! Ben and Micha are there every day and you can tell after talking with them for just a few minutes that this is not just a business for them. They are deeply invested in the lives of the residents. I give the entire team and enthusiastic five stars!
Thank you for a very kind words and good review. Ben and I are truly appreciate this.

May 27, 2017

By judith170501

The atmosphere is beautiful at Oasis. It's a gorgeous facility that's very light. You don't feel like you're in a skilled nursing home, rest home or assisted living at all. It's just a beautiful space, and I really think that that's the space that affects people and visitor's mood. The staff is very friendly, very caring and very responsive. The care so far for my mother has been excellent. They seem to know how to handle her, what her needs are and what to do with her. She does not participate much in the activities but they do have varied activities and activities going on all day. And you know staff are there looking out after the residents all day. The food seems to be good too. My mother's room is also very nice. It's a single room with her private bathroom. It's well furnished, very bright and cheery. She has a wonderful view of Worcester. She can see Indian Lake and that's very nice. Overall, I am very pleased with the care.
Thank you for such a nice review. It is our honor caring for mom. Thank you for trusting us with mom care and joining our extended family.

May 23, 2017

By janet772764

Everything gets a 10++ at Dodge Park. They're kind and welcoming. It's also clean. All the caregivers are not lazy. They're kind and always up doing something. Everything runs smoothly there. Each of them takes special care of my mother even the lady who does the laundry and the servers. Mom has a very nice room which looked out into the backyard and the pond. I've eaten there a couple of times and it's very good. I mean its good food but its institutional food. They're more than nice. They have dogs come in once a week, yoga and music and tai chi from the outside. There's always something going on.
Thank you very much for a kind review. We all working very hard to achieve 100% satisfaction at all department. It is our honor and responsibility to care for the frails and the elderly in a unique model of care. Thank you for trusting us with mom care.

May 01, 2017

By Beverly218164

My mother, Roberta is the resident of Dodge Park. The atmosphere is fantastic. It's not even like a nursing home or anything like that. It feels like you're in a 5 star hotel and everything is state of the art. The caregivers are phenomenal. They're very attentive to all of my mom's needs and all the other residents' needs. There are quite a few residents there right now but it doesn't feel like that because it's just so spacious, bright and clean. The food is fantastic too. It's not a sad feeling when you go visit her or like leaving her there because you know she's safe and well taken care of. She sometimes participates in activities. Mom is not necessarily like the one who participates in bingo or things like that. She just sits in the sun, rests, does her cross word puzzles, reads magazines; those type of things. But there are plenty of things to do there if she wanted to partake in anything. We visit her almost daily so we see a lot of activities going on. They have crafts, games for the residents and exercise classes. There's always live entertainment like a guitar or piano player during the weekends or special holidays. Last week, we had a family Easter dinner. Family and friends join the residents last Wednesday. We were all served with food and desserts and there was a guitar player for a couple of hours. They always seem to cater to the residents and the family just to make us feel like one big family. She's happy there. It just makes it feel like she's at home. I really have nothing to say negative about it at all. I will give them 5 stars or definitely higher.
Thank you for a great review. It is our honor to care for your mom and deliver a sense of our N'fesh to N'Fesh Memory care program. It is a one of a kind in the area and myself, Ben and all the staff are fully committed to provide mom with a true home. Thank you for trusting us with the care of Roberta. We truly committed to provide the best in dementia care.

April 18, 2017

By Jean670148

Oasis at Dodge Park is a very caring community. They provide excellent nursing care for my mother, even from the non-nursing personnel as well. I think my mother is in a very safe place. She's in an environment that encourages people to thrive and her needs are very well met. I think that people there go the extra mile and not only provide excellent care but provide compassion and love to the people. I am a nurse case manager and my mother is a nurse. There's certain aspect to it that's very important to us when we're deciding for the best place for my mother. We had to make the decision that we as a family can no longer provide that level of care that she needed in our home. The dining staff is very attentive to my mother's needs too. She has a very specialized diet. They want to make sure that the food is appropriate for her. I don't eat the food very often there but she is doing very well with the food. I think the food is very healthy and nutritious. We're pleased because she's eating the amount that she needs to have so that's good. I will give them 5 stars and I have absolutely no problem doing that. I have seen other facilities as a nurse and as a care provider. I think that what the facility offers for people is something more than you're going find in other places. The fact that the owners have provided a place that's not only beautiful but a place where people with memory loss can feel open, alive and can thrive in the environment. It's not a place for people to sit there and wait to die. It's a place where people can continue to live with vitality. The other thing that I love about this place is that the owner has gone so far as to incorporate programs like music therapy and arts therapy. Some people might look at that and say "Why would you spend the money on that, these people aren't going to remember it, right?"" But they do it because they understand that the clients are living in a moment. They celebrate that and all of the client's needs are being met there, not just physically and cognitively but also emotionally and spiritually. I can walk into this facility and feel that I'm part of this whole experience too. I really try to let other people know about it because there are standards that I have as a nurse when I walk into a place. But I'm not just a nurse when I walk in there, I'm a daughter. I need to know that when I leave, my mother is well cared for because I can't provide that care for her anymore. That's why the decision was so difficult for any daughter to make, to allow somebody to have the privilege to care for their mother who's worth it. My mom is worth everything so it made our choice easier because we knew that she's being cared for with love there. There comes a time for children when they have to make a difficult situation as to the best environment for a parent to be placed so that the right level of care can be provided. My family and I really feel that my mother is getting that care and that it's a great source of comfort to us because we don't have to worry about the care that she's receiving. She's getting more than what she needs. It's a place where she can thrive and that's what we wanted for her. We feel fortunate and blessed that we found this place for her. I hope more people will find out about them and be able to bring their parents there. It's been a great comfort for us.

Nursing Home Reviews for Oasis At Dodge Park

Adult Day Care Reviews for Oasis At Dodge Park

By Betty Ann1

My mom's case manager told me about Dodge Park. So I went there with my mother, and immediately I know it was the right place. They're very one-on-one. They really care about her, they love her, they will actually hug her and make her feel she's with her family. We go three times a week, but she gets up and gets dress and thinks she's going to Dodge Park every day. She had a little bit of stranger anxiety during her first week. It was a little bit difficult even though she enjoyed it there. But they try to keep the activities structured. They give us a paper calendar for the month. They have art every day, Friday mornings they'll bake, and then there are certain days that they just do chair exercises. So they have a lot of music which they love and have them really moving. They let them do the best what they can. I love the place. It's been great ever since.

By Nancy27

What really impressed me the first time I went to Dodge Park was just how warm, friendly, and caring everybody was. Everybody's smiling and it feels like home. My mother go there once a week. People always seem to know who she is when she walks in. They address her by name. People are very nice and good to her. We just started in December. And although sometimes she's not overly optimistic about her situation and feeling pretty down, she's smiling and always in a good mood when I pick her up. So she's happy there. The place doesn't feel like an institution. It feels like going to a friend's home. It's a nice warm feeling. I'm very happy.

By Kathleen2

I didn't really know much about Dodge Park. I went to visit a lot of adult day centers, and there isn't a program around has the kind of flexibility they offer. The people are very caring. They have a lot of entertainment that comes in. They keep the residents busy. They play ping-pong, they do bowling, bingo and a lot other activities. The food is great, and it's probably the cleanest place you'll ever walk into. It is spotlessly clean everywhere. That's why everybody think so highly of it.

By Diane10

The day club at Dodge Park is excellent. The people who run it, Debbie and Kate, are absolutely wonderful. Thea, the activities director is excellent. The people are happy and everything was on time. I would usually pick up my mother around 7 o'clock to take her home. They provide a lot of activities for people with dementia. They care about the people. We've been working with them for over a year now. They are really good. The place is always very clean. Even the people who take care of the cafeteria or dining room are doing a good job. My mother said the food was good. It's also a secure place.
See all Adult Day Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: S Ecured Facility

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: DPH License

About Oasis At Dodge Park

The Oasis at Dodge Park will care for a total of 82 (after completion of phase II) residents with memory impairment (Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, in residential settings). First phase will accommodate a 50 residents. Phase II will accommodate 32 residents with the intention to increase capacity to 51.

The Oasis at Dodge Park provides a unique environment and Dementia and Alzheimer’s care in Worcester. The Alzheimer’s Program at the Oasis is designed to promote independence within a comfortable and safe environment. The goal of the program is to help individuals maintain the optimum level of functioning and to maintain the highest quality of life possible.

Services that comprise the Oasis Memory Care Lifestyle Option are:
  • A neighborhood that provides a safe, pleasant, comfortable setting
  • Enclosed indoor and outdoor courtyards
  • Specially designed memory programs
  • Activities that encourage activity and engagement
  • Specially trained 24-hour staffing
  • Best direct care ratio in the industry
  • Three meals per day
  • Full housekeeping services
  • Laundering of linens and personal laundry
  • Complete medication management
  • Regular safety checks
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Unlimited personal care
  • Mealtime monitoring and staffing, assist with feeding if needed
  • Escorts for meals and services
  • Designated program coordinators

Locally owned and operated. Unique dementia care in a family oriented facility. Nursing coverage around the clock and medical and mental health director visiting as needed

Map of Oasis At Dodge Park