Independence Village of Ames

Reviews of Independence Village of Ames

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Ames

August 10, 2021

By CodyA

We were looking for a place for my grandma for when she can't handle her home anymore. We loved the atmosphere of Independence Village and what it had to offer. My grandma liked the variety of activities on the calendar and loved that they do weekly outings. They even go to the casino every now and then! The one bedroom they showed us was staged nicely and showed my grandma exactly what she needed to see and eased her mind on what she could actually bring. We didn't get to try to food, but the residents we asked while we were there said it was very good!

May 25, 2020

By Reviewer05112020

We moved in. We get help with some of my wife's daily activities, we get our meals here, and we're not allowed to leave because of the lockdown. The rooms are adequate. We have a two-bedroom with one small bedroom and another room that's even smaller; it's too small for a bed in there. We have a very good-sized living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. They make sure that we eat and watch my wife since she wanders at times. The food is OK, although there are no activities right now. Normally we have an activities director who plans our activities and games of some sort. We have movies once in a while and we have a beauty shop or a barber shop, but they're closed down right now. Somebody comes in and takes care of people's hearing aides, but nobody can come in or out right now.

February 19, 2020

By Sally O

Our overall experience with having my mother here is very good. Their staff members are all very friendly and we've been very pleased. Her room is very nice, she has a 1-bedroom apartment and she seems very pleased with it. The place is very clean, homey and welcoming, and I just think it's wonderful. She has been happy with the food, I have eaten there a few times and it's good food. I also like how they change the seating arrangements once in a while so she could meet new people.

November 20, 2019

By Meslinger

Hands down the best place. I have never met employees who have cared so much about their job, residents and each other. Logan works very hard to put on amazing events for the residents, community & staff. We truly enjoy all the events and attend all of them.

November 02, 2016

By Jim208282

The community was very good, and they were very friendly. It was a clean and nice community. The dining area was very nice, and the menu was good. I wouldn't mind living there myself. They have a book club, and people come in and do entertainment, so it was very good socially.

June 10, 2016

By SarahEPBPH

I thought it's very nice, but it's assisted living and I'm looking for continuing care. The rooms were very nice. They had a lot of activities and machines for exercise and an activity director, which I was very impressed with. They had meals, laundry, and assistance with meds. The staff was very nice. The residents were very active and pleasant to be around.

Costs for Independence Village of Ames

Photos of Independence Village of Ames

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Ames

• State Licenses: S0041

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of Ames

Welcome to Independence Village of Ames! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include assisted living and respite care. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. Independence Village of Ames is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Respite Care

Our respite program is designed to provide comprehensive support for those who are in need of temporary care. We also offer spacious apartments and access to our community’s services and amenities.

Community Amenities:

• 24-hour staffing • Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily • Large, elegant dining room with private dining rooms • Housekeeping and laundry services • Scheduled courtesy transportation • On-site beauty salon/barbershop • Well-stocked library • On-site therapy services • Activity center with games • Religious services • Visiting post office • Daily newspaper delivery • Walking path • Monitored community security system • Maintenance staff on duty • And more

Map of Independence Village of Ames