Bickford of Ames

Reviews of Bickford of Ames

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Ames

September 30, 2012

By counterkult

My great aunt was a resident of this facility for several years, and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the place and how friendly the staff seemed to act. There were plenty of activities for her to take part in, like bingo, classes, and movie night. I asked how my aunt thought the food was and she smiled and told me that it was better than what she had been cooking at home! She seemed to be making friends and having a good time overall. The caretakers on staff were professional and kind to everyone, and made her feel comfortable and taken care of, more than when she was living by herself and taking care of everything by herself. Overall I would recommend this nursing home to anyone with a family member that does not feel comfortable taking care of themselves any longer, the clean, comfortable, friendly environment was ideal for my aunt and really took the pressure off of her. I was incredibly happy with her time there, and visiting was never a problem.

August 27, 2012

By Quinn27

My aunt has been a resident of Birksford for over four years and I have been there at least once a year in that time as have many other members of my family. The facilities are top notch and it is a clean, well maintained facility. The room options are nice and have enough space for what they need. They smell good and are well lite. My aunt loves the food and loves the different events and activities that they get to do there. The staff are kind and well trained. They are always nice to my family when we visit and my aunt says that they are wonderful to her. The grounds are nice as well. She is able to go for walks, go to the store, and many other things while there. Anytime she is not feeling well there is someone right there to tend to her needs. I would highly recommend this facility. She also really enjoys use of the community room and the private dining room. They also have a full service beauty shop that she uses all the time. What she loves the most is that when she needed to move into a facility like this that they allow small animals so she was able to bring her cat with her.

Costs for Bickford of Ames

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Bickford of Ames

Welcome to Bickford of Ames, one of Iowa's premier assisted living communities! Bickford of Ames is conveniently located on 2418 Kent Ave., so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Ames senior living community.

At Bickford of Ames, we offer premier assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Ames. Each resident of our Iowa assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Ames. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Ames assisted living in Iowa, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Iowa assisted living community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Ames