St Mary Healthcare Center

Reviews of St Mary Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for St Mary Healthcare Center

August 28, 2013

By Muito Carinho

Even though St. Mary Healthcare Center is owned by a health care company, their level of care is not the best. My mom stayed in this facility. All the people we dealt with were nice and seemed to care and certain members of the staff were very good. However, there were just constant mistakes when my mom was there. We got my mother in a room and it wasn't a place where I would want my mom long-term. It was just too small and too crowded. There was a recliner that was broken and when I complained about it, they told me we were lucky to have it and that it was just a gift. Their remarks to me seemed to be inappropriate. Also their food was horrible. They were serving very unhealthy food and always deep fried. Their activities were not really outstanding, but they were okay. Besides my mother didn't really participate much at all. Overall, I think they just need overall improvement with everything. There was a lack of organization and a lack of accountability. I also think the price they charge is ridiculous if they can't even provide a working recliner.

October 23, 2012

By LizMc

Sept 2012: We admitted my mother to St. Mary's Healthcare in her final weeks of life after she was diagnosed with brain cancer. Our family's time in this facility was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Mom was treated with the utmost respect, dignity and superior health care. Every person in this facility including the Business Manager, Director, Marketing Director, Nurses and LPN's are now considered family and were my angels from heaven. What my family noticed and raved about is everyone we encountered loves what they do. This wasn't a place to just pick up a paycheck for them and actions definitely speak louder than words. Every one of them made a point to stop by the room or stop me in the halls to see how we were, give hugs and cry with us as they truly get close to every resident and family. They made my Mom feel comfortable and won her respect in the first 5 minutes she was there and that wasn't an easy thing to do. The resident/staff ratio was great and allowed them to spend quality time with Mom. She never experienced bed sores. They were very proactive in her pain management and care and were in constant communication with her doctor when needed. I was there every day with visitors and other family members stopping by so the staff put together a daily tray of drinks, snacks and fruits for us. This facility seemed more like a hotel to me - the pictures on their website need to be updated as this facility has been renovated and is beautiful. The staff and I laughed about retiring there ourselves. The residents always seemed happy and active. I watched my mother, the person who raised me, pass away before my eyes of cancer. This was one of the hardest and most life changing events I've experienced but I can't thank the staff and facilities at St. Mary Healthcare for making this an amazing experience of love and dignity.

About St Mary Healthcare Center

St Mary Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Lafayette, Indiana that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact St Mary Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Mary Healthcare Center