Wickshire Tamarac

Reviews of Wickshire Tamarac

Assisted Living Reviews for Wickshire Tamarac

March 22, 2016

By TiJai

The staff was professional and friendly. I saw a shared room that was clean, large, well designed, and nice. They had a good social plan. I heard music and saw people sitting around. The common dining room was a good place.

February 26, 2016

By caring husband5

It impressed me the most. I chose it because of the limited number of residents, the cleanliness, and especially the brightness. It’s not a dingy place, but well-lit. My wife moved in last December 2014. The staff was good. My wife does not participate in anything, but they have singing, and mind games. She loves the food, the rooms are very nice, well-maintained, and the cleaning staff are there every day. This is the perfect place for her.

February 09, 2016

By Victoria18

First of all, thank you to Joan from Caring.com for her assistance with providing information for us to begin our search for a place for our mom. Our mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in December of 2011. She lived between my sister's home and ours for the last three years. Mom had declined pretty rapidly to the point where we had to make the most difficult decision, to find a facility specifically for people with Alzheimer's . She has only been there a month, but we feel she is getting the 24 hour care and supervision we could no longer give her. We visit her many times throughout the week . The staff is wonderful so far. Ryan helped us through the initial phase. Now , Gita has taken us under her wing. Mom is always clean... her room is spotless... and there are always plenty of staff watching over all of the residents . Knowing mom is well taken care of when we aren't with her, has made this whole transition easier for us. Making the decision where to place a parent when you can no longer care for them yourself , is the most difficult thing to do. I pray for her and for God to keep watch over her when we are not there. Hope this review helps.

August 21, 2015

By Sheryl14

I chose it for my father, and he is moving there soon. When we visited the place, it looked beautiful and clean. Everyone was very nice and friendly, and I feel that is the perfect place for my father. He is ready to make the move.

July 28, 2015

By Luis4

I went for my dad. I like the place. The apartments looked good. The facility was OK for an older person who wants to live by himself but with some help. The dining room looked good. Everybody was sharing. I like it. They also have a TV area where they can see movies and a recreational area where they can play cards. The facts that the people can live with their privacy and with help at the same time are what impressed me most about this community. However, for people who cannot stand up, they should put a lifter insider their rooms/apartments; they didn't have it, and they won't allow it.

July 20, 2015

By Susan109759650

I like the way it looks and the services they provided. We liked what we saw; they give a lot of attention and care. My mother is on the memory care side. The neighborhood is fine, and it is only three blocks away from the hospital.

June 29, 2015

It was a good place, absolutely better than the other place we visited. Not only did they have people that needed senior care, there were people that had apartments too. The rooms were beautiful and were of very good sizes, and they had nice bathrooms.

June 28, 2015

My mother-in-law is here and it is very good. She seems to be very happy there, and they seem to be on top of things. They have quite a few activities. I know she does arts and crafts and bingo. She goes to exercise classes. There’s another part where they have discussions to see how they’re doing, kind of like a support group. She’s never in her room ever, so she must love everything that’s going on there. The staff is very friendly. As soon as you walk in, they seem to know who you belong to. You don’t smell the urine. It doesn’t seem like it’s like a place that you would just dump your loved one and forget about them. The décor is very uplifting. It’s almost like a hotel when you walk in. They have dining from 7:30 in the morning till 6 at night. They get 3 meals a day. She’s had one meal that she didn’t like, and she has been there 3 months. The dining area looked welcoming; they had tablecloths on the tables. I was very impressed with the place.

June 15, 2015

By Karen107488750

The marketing man was very well prepared and responsive to my questions. He took me on a thorough tour, and the facility appeared clean with a more homey setting. The rooms felt a little more institutional in terms of assisted living. When I was there, they weren't doing any activities, but I saw a setup for movie night with a popcorn machine, and I saw a room setup for chair exercises. I saw the dining area, but I have not eaten there. It is a more casual restaurant style. I like that it had a communal living room. I saw many residents relaxing and socializing in that room. I also like that they had a large screened in porch with rocking chairs for people to enjoy the fresh air. I would say that it could be a four for an individual, but I'm not sure a couple would be comfortable there. It was less comfortable for a couple because of the way the rooms were designed.

May 26, 2015

It was our favorite. They have one bedroom facilities. Everyone was very friendly, and the people seemed to be very happy living there. The facility is very bright and clean.

May 25, 2015

Everybody was very friendly. The residents seemed happy. They were doing an exercise class while I was there. The rooms were bright and cheerful. They had a refrigerator and a microwave in each room.

January 13, 2015

By anonymous100092050

My mother is in here, and it is very nice. I am satisfied with it. It is clean, the people are nice, and the food is good. There is nothing that I can complain about it. They do medication management up to complete assistance.

December 30, 2014

By Alberto1

It looked very clean. I visited this place for my mom. The people were friendly. The lobby was a little bit crowded though. However, the way they furnished the apartments were really good and that was attractive for us. Having the facility provide the furniture, it was a big feature for use. The personnel were very friendly and open. They showed me the activities they have in store. They have crafts and clays. They have a place where they can watch movies and everything was really well set up. The dining area looked excellent. I didn't have a chance to eat but I saw what they were serving and people were enjoying it. It looked like you're walking into Olive Garden, so it was really nice. The choices that they have for food were really appealing.

December 26, 2014

By Greg21

I visited for my mom. They were incredible. They had an apartment ready for the residents. It was just that at the last minute my mom got sick. We were ready to move in. Food was good. And what was nice about that, they were open from 8 am to 6 pm and they could go eat anytime they wanted to. What I like best about this facility was that it didn't seem like a nursing home. The people were very positive and very active. People would be very blessed to live there.

December 22, 2014

By Sherry43

The first visit was good. But the second visit we had, I had some more specific questions about medical care. The person who was meeting with me, I didn't know if she was new or she just didn't have a lot of information, but she wasn't actually receptive to the questions. So I didn't really get a great feeling that second time around. But the rooms were very nice. It was a nice size apartment and was less expensive. I think they could improve on the care. They just didn't seem as receptive or immediately responsive at the medical or the care of the people living there.

December 17, 2014

By debbie3519

I like the environment. A lot of their residents were engaged. They have a lot of activities. Right now, my father-in-law is not there because he is in a rehab facility, but he was in the men's club, and he was saying that they had poker. The neighborhood is OK, the place is clean, and the grounds are kept. Their rooms are closer to an apartment than just a room, and that made a big difference for me.

November 22, 2014

It was very nice as far as how they had the dining set up and the rooms. It was clean and a little older. There’s not a lot of space outside to move around; they don’t have that large piece of property. There was security at the front desk; they had a therapy area. There was no pool and not a lot of outside patio area, so those were the things that were missing.

November 11, 2014

By Cynthia32

My mother has some dementia, but my parents both have adjusted well. They have a 1-bedroom apartment. They have a 4-burner stove, a refrigerator, and a sink. There’s room for a table, and they have their living room and a bathroom. I’m there probably everyday or every other day and I have been very impressed with the caring of all of the staff. My parents are very happy with it. I’ve eaten there a couple of times. The food is very good. The wait staff is excellent. On Saturday and Sunday nights, they have entertainment whether it’s a singer, piano player, or something. They have exercise class everyday. Sundays, they have painting class. They have town hall meetings, woman’s club, and veteran’s club.

July 31, 2014

We went for a visit. It was very clean and full of activities. They were playing mahjong and cards. They were also watching movies. Their pool was very nice. The guy who sat down with us was very informative. The residents looked happy and friendly. The rooms were spacious and it was equipped with a kitchenette. They had a dining room downstairs and it seemed very functional. Their dining had a restaurant setup.

June 30, 2014

By Caring20645850

I like the presentation and the cleanliness. It was a rich-looking place. It has a wonderful feeling when you walk in. The one staff I met was the sales person, and he was excellent. He was very presentable, amenable, open, and honest. The apartments were very nice. The rooms were excellent, except they had no walk-in closets, and that makes a big difference. They seemed to have the normal types of activities. My mother could get her meals in her room.

May 20, 2014

We visited. That was a lovely community. Very, very nice. The staff was very, very good. They had an exercise group. They had discussions. We saw the room, the dining room, and some of the activity rooms.

October 09, 2013

By Stephanie15

It didn't feel homey. If I'm going to live in a place, I want to feel comfortable there. I just didn't get that feeling there. The rooms were not spacious enough but they were okay if only for one person.

September 24, 2013

By Cara1

My mom moved in just last end of July. The place is really nice. The people there are very nice. The activity director knows everybody by names. They have lot of community events. She tries to make sure everybody is always busy. They have a great menu that they can choose from and they don't have time sitting. You can eat there whatever time you want. And also whenever a resident is hungry, they just call them up and they can take the food to the room or they can go down. Their chef has been there for almost 13 years. The facility is mostly independent living with some assistance like bathing. It cost me just a base price for her studio apartment and then I added on the beauty parlor. I gave them my credit card and what my mom has to do is go and sign. So whenever she wants a manicure or her hair done, she does not have to worry about money. She needs assistance bathing and they do go by and do nightly checks. There's also a hospital across the street which is great. I'm really happy with the place. It's clean. It's bright. They also have a welcoming committee whenever there is a new resident. They try to make the person feel at home because it's a major transition.

June 29, 2013

By Kathy39

They were very nice, but they were far away. The rooms were nice, I didn't see the food and I only met the one person who showed me around.

June 12, 2013

My mom has been staying here since March. The facility is good. It's a very clean place and it doesn't smell like urine. They have a chef that cooks their food and it's good food. Some of the staff are very nice and loving but others seem to have a chip on their shoulders. One thing I can complain about this place is that I can't understand some of the nurse's aides. It seems that most of them are not from this country. My mother had a hearing difficulty and it's already hard enough for her to understand, so this is a disadvantage for her.

August 13, 2012

We toured together with my mom. We actually loved it! We would definitely choose this community if all the papers are settled. What we like about this place is their environment and the community itself. It is surrounded with beautiful landscape and they have a big garden. They have a very beautiful restaurant style dining area. It was a very nice visit. The staff are all welcoming and they are all kind.

Costs for Wickshire Tamarac

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: FL

About Wickshire Tamarac

Horizon Bay Tamarac provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Wickshire's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Wickshire Tamarac