Terrace of St. Cloud

Reviews of Terrace of St. Cloud

Nursing Home Reviews for Terrace of St. Cloud

March 16, 2016

By leatella

03/2016 My mother was a short term resident at this facility and was there less than two weeks before being taken to the hospital. On Friday, March 11, I visited my mom, she was feeling very weak and nauseous. She had diarrhea and thought it was the food. The next day, Saturday, I went again for a visit, and was told by the rehab therapist that mom did not want to do therapy that morning because she had diarrhea, felt dizzy and was extremely pale. She just wanted to lay down. I convinced her to go outside a little in the wheelchair and after 20 minutes she wanted to go back to bed. I asked the nurses, specifically the unit nurse, to call a doctor because she was not feeling well. She already had gotten c-diff twice before and they knew her history. The unit nurse, Blanca, told me that she will order lab tests for that night but they wouldn’t be picked up until the morning. Sunday morning I went to see my mom and something didn't feel right. When I stopped by the nurses station I was told that she was given Imodium the night before. The day nurse, who spoke very little English, didn’t know how she was feeling. She said her computer was showing red and when it turns green, she can see how she was doing. Why is it that you don’t know how my mom is doing, it’s 10:30, have you seen her today? When I walked into her room it was mayhem. The CNA told me that my mom was having diarrhea and was lifeless. My mom laid on her bed literally lifeless, no movement whatsoever. I started yelling, crying and demanding that they call 911. After getting a hold of the unit nurse, my mom’s nurse took her vitals. She had over 101 fever, her BP was extremely high and she was unresponsive. They called a non-emergency transport because she said that my mom was stable. When the medics came to get my mom she was feverish, as they put in their report “confused and unresponsive”. Once they got her to the hospital, my mom had over 102 fever, diarrhea, BP was 176 +, dehydrated, WBC was 50,000, potassium was very low, and was in congestive heart failure. She also came back positive with having c-diff, yet the unit nurse at The Terrace said that her stool didn’t have the c-diff smell. If I hadn’t gone Sunday morning to see her my mom would have died that day or shortly thereafter. Now, why would anyone want to put their loved ones in this facility? If your loved one is at The Terrace, keep a close eye on them, if you feel something is not right, speak up, report it and be proactive on behalf of your loved ones.

January 12, 2015

By unhappywithsouthernoaks

I regret not writing this review sooner but just now thought about it. In October of 2013 my mother was in Southern Oaks for nearly a month while I was moving us from Orlando to Kissimmee. What a nightmare that facility is. When I admitted my mother it was on a Sunday so there were no administrative offices open so I had to deal with the head nurse. She didn't seem to have a clue about my mother being there and it took seemingly forever to get my mom admitted. This should have been my first clue that this place was substandard. While my mother was in the facility I visited her a couple of times and each time I saw her she was dirty. Her hair had not been washed, her nails were caked with dark stuff and her shirt was heavily stained with food. The worst was when I picked my mother up to bring her home. My mother was again, dirty. She had dandruff and this is something that my mother has never had. Ever. Her nails again were caked with crud and she had a bloody Band-aide on her shin that was peeling off. There was dried blood on her clothes and on her leg. The CNA got my mother ready to leave and tried to send her home without her shoes. No one could find my mother's shoes! The shoes like everything else my mother had were clearly marked and how do shoes get misplaced anyway? To make matters worse, the feet for my mom's wheelchair were missing. The nurse tried to tell me that my mother's chair didn't have the foot rests on it when she was admitted. Seriously? I got angry and told the nurse she had better find some foot rests for the chair and she had better get everyone scrambling around to locate my mother's shoes. They took the foot rests from another chair and put them on my mother's chair. Still no shoes though. When I got my mom home I looked her over carefully and found that her foot was terribly swollen. No one even bothered to mention this to me. I took photos of my mom and sent them to the administrator. I took photos of her bloody bandage, the dried blood, swollen foot, stained clothes, dirty hair and filthy fingernails. When I opened my mom's suitcase I realized that many of her clothes were missing. On Monday I called the facility and the administrator wouldn't take my call so I was put to the social worker, Steve. I explained to him the condition I found my mother in when I picked her up, I told him about the missing articles, the missing shoes AND a quilt that I had taken to my mother to use. He assured me he would look into it. No matter how many times I tried to talk to the administrator she would not talk to me nor email me back. Steve was the only person who helped me. I had taken photos of my mother's clothes before she was admitted and I sent Steve photos of the missing items. These clothes were never found nor were the shoes. I imagine that someone is walking around wearing them. Steve did offer to buy my mom a new pair of shoes and I accepted his offer. I want to say something about the head nurse there. I don't recall her name but she is from California. During my mother's stay, the nurse would call me occasionally for whatever reason and during one particular conversation she told me that when she lived in California, she was a psychic medium. Wow. This is something she should have revealed to me. How unprofessional! When Steve called me to pick up the new shoes and my mother's quilt that they located I went in on a week day when the facility was very busy. Around the nurse's station were a lot of people hanging around including a couple of construction workers. I walked up to the head nurse and told her that I was there to get my mom's quilt. I said this to her: " Did you ever find my mother's clothes and her shoes?" The nurse said no. I then said this loudly in front of everyone: "Well, you told me that you are a psychic medium. You should know where my mother's things are!" The nurse turned red in the face and said, "They're not here!" How did she know that? Is she really a psychic? Yeah, sure. Whatever you do, do NOT place anyone you care about in Southern Oaks. I don't know if the same employees are there but I heard from a reliable source that this place has a revolving door. No one seems to stay there. The facility is so bad I wouldn't even let a dog stay there.

September 11, 2014

The people in the Terrace were very nice to my husband. They have a very friendly staff and seem to care for the patients. They are always very willing to try to do whatever is asked. It seemed very clean, and I did not have any issue with cleanliness. My husband had a semi-private room, and the room size was fine. There was a lot of light coming in because they opened the curtains to let the light in. It wasn’t all dark and gloomy. I saw the food, and some of it looked good. I appreciated that they would take them outside to the porch and they would play music and bring refreshments for them.

April 17, 2012

By Corbin

The amenities and facility is fairly nice due to being recently furnished and improved. The staff is very kind to the residents and those visiting it. The staff takes good care of everyone and keep a good eye on all of the residents. If something happens to one of them the staff is right there almost immediately helping to make sure everything is okay. At times some of the residents do run around and get into stuff and other residents belongings but the staff is often right on them helping to keep them out of stuff and give back anything they may have taken. At times the area does get a little unclean but when that happens the staff is on the ball cleaning whatever accident or mishap happened. The place is very good to everyone there and the staff does a good job of observing the residents and making sure the area is clean and sterile.

About Terrace of St. Cloud

Terrace of St. Cloud is a senior living provider in Saint Cloud, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Terrace of St. Cloud for more details on services and rates.

Map of Terrace of St. Cloud