Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence

Reviews of Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence

July 03, 2013

By J.smith

do not leave your loved one at this facility! They are way understaffed and the staff the do have are unqualified. They allowed my mother to slip and fall in water caused by an activity they were previously aware of but failed to monitor. Then when she was developing symptoms caused from blood accumulating under her skull, they neglected to respond in a timely matter which resulted in my mother going into a coma. I saw one of the workers handling raw chicken and not washing her hands properly. My mother had a pocketful of another resident' pills one day when I visited . Activities for the residents are non-existent. The are drugged up and left to vegetate all day!! One worker used the toilet in my mothers room and never washed her hands! Bologna sandwiches on white bread were the usual fare for lunch.

November 06, 2012

By Kent Saggau

Other

I am writing a review regarding Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence and I am writing a review because my mother lives there. The way the staff and management treat my mother is way above and beyond the call of duty. I guess what I am saying is they treat her as if she was part of there own family. The food is outstanding and the reason is they buy good quality food and they have a woman that is in charge of the kitchen that cares about people and what those people eat. My mother always says she can't believe how good the food is and I know exactly what she means because I have had a chance to eat there with my mother a couple times and I also think the food is great. You add that along with how she is treated by the staff, management, and doctors, well I just can't say enough good things about the Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence. They all treat my mother with love and respect and they really do go the extra mile with all the residents. The Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence is family owned and operated assisted living facility and they have really done a good job making the place clean and comfortable for the residents. They have always gone out of there way to make someone more comfortable and I not only notice that with my mom I notice it with all the residents. My mother wouldn't move out of there for anything, she is very happy there, and my sister and I both agree that she has found a real home at Atlantic Shores. Thanks for listening to me.

November 02, 2012

By KatR

The thing that first impressed me about this facility is that it is small enough that the owners and staff know everyone by name, and also is able to know their entire history (and therefore can respond immediately if a person has a change in condition or needs medical attention!), as opposed to other places which might be bigger and more expensive, but a person is just a number and can get lost in the crowd. The other great thing I found about this facility is that one of the owners (Renee) is a nurse, and opposed to other facilities which might have a home health nurse who comes in once a day to check only on the residents who are on her caseload, Renee is there every day and can attend to each patient at the facility. Having a licensed nurse on staff is such a plus! Equally impressive is that most meals are prepared from scratch and that the cleanliness of the facility is a top priority. Never once have I walked in and been accosted by an odor. Cleaning seems to take place 24/7, which is amazing, and the staff to resident ratio is much better than at many other facilities.

September 14, 2011

By Ghighi

The owner of this facility Is very defensive when it comes to a question of asking for records. 33 days after my mother died I went to ask for copies of records. She said that they were already in storage. She said I would need an attorney to write for the records. She told me to never come on to her property again and when I left she called the police and said I pushed her. Alina,the president, is not happy when people want to know too much. I have already sent her several certified letters and will wait to see the results. She and her daughter Rene have an office in the middle of this small facility and smoke cigarettes all day long with the door open. They smell like smoke.The facility smells like smoke and they do this while residents on oxygen are only a few open doors away. This is not the facility for anyone unless you do not care about your loved ones.

Costs for Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence

• Languages Extra: Creole

• Get Costs

About Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence

Welcome to Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence

Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence has private and semi-private bedrooms to make any resident feel right at home. We invite you to come and visit our warm and friendly retirement residence to see for yourself why our residents are so happy at their “Home Away From Home”.

Our Services and Amenities:

• 24 hour professional care
    • Daily maid, housekeeping and laundry services
    • Monitored and secured building and outdoor garden
    • Personalized individual attention
    • Comfortable family room with cable TV
    • Private dining room. All meals are home cooked
    • Indoor fire sprinkler system for fire safety
    • Medication management program
    • Family owned and operated by family who is on premises daily

Thank you for your interest at Atlantic Shore Retirement Residence. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Atlantic Shores Retirement Residence