Miami Jewish Health Systems Miami, FL

Assisted Living Reviews for Miami Jewish Health Systems

Nursing Home Reviews for Miami Jewish Health Systems

November 27, 2012

By GregT

The facility was clean and the people were nice, friendly, and professional. It had ample parking close to the facility. Always had doctors on site to monitor critical situations. This was a plus a my grandmother would occasionally need immediate attention from a doctor for her needs. The cost was accommodating and they had counselors to help find resources available to help pay for services. Staff always greeted me kindly and kept me up to date whenever something changed w/ my grandmothers health. Everyone knew the patients. My grandmother is very happy with her care, which really made me happy with the decision. The culture is diverse. My grandmother is from another country and they had a staff that spoke my grandmothers language(french). The facility seemed a bit crowded and private rooms were very expensive. Shared rooms were reasonable, but not many private areas. Screening should be done before placing two people in a room together. Very close to a hospital if an emergency came up. Very little paperwork or notice needed to take patients off campus and timing very flexible.

July 30, 2012

By ashleyv24

To start off, when you first look at the vicinity it does not appear so pleasant, until you step unto the facilities grounds is when you are invited in with soft colors and a very beautiful waterfall piece. The lobby area was pleasant and the staff members where courteous. I was given a small tour and the landscape was well done with plenty of cozy rest areas, there was also a big bird cage where the resident could feed them. In the center of all the building was a petite little salon and a caf̩ surrounded by this enormous tree that gave the area a fantasy appeal. Since I was a volunteer I worked hands on with the staff, they treated their patients with dignity and respect, the way they should all be treated. I personally was on the ward for those with dementia and the staff treated them well, the patients had sing-a-longs and where all invited to eat in a dinner room style area if they could. Overall, it was a lovely experience to be in a place with such a inviting atmosphere.

April 10, 2012

By RN1969

Miami Jewish Health Systems is a highly reputable health care service provider in Miami. My mother is in her late 80's now and we were looking for a nice nursing home/assisted living situation for her to get into. Her pension isn't very high and I don't make enough money to afford some of the higher-end options, so the Douglas Gardens North Development seemed like a natural fit. My mother moved in there 1/15/12 and she has absolutely loved it. The staff there are extremely kind and very helpful. They offer an array of services that really add a home-like feel to the community. My mother loves to read and they offer a full library there where she can check out books and interact with other people here age. They even have a game room where they play checkers and cards! My mother isn't very computer savvy, but there is a computer lab a the facilities that I try to take her to so she can learn how to use her email to communicate with me. My personal favorite aspect of the facilities is the vegetable garden. Whenever I visit, my mother and I go look at her tomatoes and we just walk around and talk. The Douglas Gardens North facility also has a myriad of other features such as art classes, computer classes, fitness classes, and other community activities so their residents really feel involved and busy. I am very thankful for these facilities and how cooperative Miami Jewish Health Systems have been to me and my family. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for an affordable assisted living option for a loved one!

December 13, 2011

By ilarancuente

From the moment I arrived on the premises, I felt secured. There is a 24 hour guard. It is not easy to walk on the premises. The exterior is a pink hue and very well manicured. There is not much parking space for visitors and on Jewish holidays the parking over flows onto the streets off the property. It is a fairly large site with 3-4 buildings and various floors. They have everything from a temple, salon, pool, lounge, dinning area. Most of the decor is out of style but the place is kept very clean. The administrative staff was not very friendly, although the nurses/aids made up for it. Many times they had no idea of where my friend was, which meant to me they don't keep track of everyone. They do tend to have around the clock activities in all the different buildings. I sat down to have dinner once with my friend and the food, cutlery, service was pretty good. I was expecting hospital food. Overall considering the lack of assisted living homes in the area, this one is by far the nicest.

Services and Amenities of Miami Jewish Health Systems

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

Types of care

• Memory Care

About Miami Jewish Health Systems

Miami Jewish Health Systems is a senior living provider in Miami, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Adult Day Care. Contact Miami Jewish Health Systems for more details on services and rates.

Map of Miami Jewish Health Systems