Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Offers Memory Care

4760 S Jog Rd, Greenacres, FL 33467
Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 14 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

October 07, 2021

By NBettencourt

Prior to a fall with head trauma, my Mother lived in a nearby assisted living and was very happy. Having lost her ability to return to that setting, I had a lot of concern about relocating her to a memory care facility. Soon after her arrival, I was reassured that this was a great place for her. The cottage setting, with well kept landscape was more like "home" than other places I visited. CNA staff for the most part is patient and caring. Any of my concerns have been addressed immediately, The nursing staff is extremely conscientious, the Director and Nursing Director are ALWAYS accessible for questions or concerns. The maintenance crew was amazing in getting Mom settled into her private room. Having an onsite hair salon, ability to provide some bedside medical services and activities starting up again post pandemic...all make this a great choice for memory care for your loved ones.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

October 07, 2021

By Kelly-Rabin

When my mother needed to move from Assisted Living to Memory Care it was VERY difficult to find a place that was not going to be huge and confusing for her. Pacifica, with it's cottages and smaller groups, was the perfect fit. Additionally it was very affordable in comparison to other communities and we all want the best we can get for our parents. Each of the rooms had it's own private bathroom and this is VERY hard to find in communities now. They want them to share and this was NOT an option for my mother. She's been very happy there and loves sitting outside in the courtyard enjoying all the birds and squirrels etc. They have sufficient activities to keep them happy and busy but not so much as to overwhelm them. As a family member we've been invited to join them as BBQ's they host with live music! My mother has been extremely happy there and is quite calm. If you're looking for a place that really cares about your love one then you won't be disappointed. When we can't be there for them 24 x 7 it's good to know they've got my back. I can relax too!

September 09, 2021

By Sandlop

We visited and communicated with this facility, for over a month before choosing to place our loved one there. They were always very responsive and transparent. First of all, the cottage was always very clean, as well as the surroundings. We were fortunate to visit our loved one 2-3 times a week and didn't have to notify in advance, that was a big plus! Our loved one had many needs and the staff always made sure to meet those needs. He was always clean, comfortable and treated with respect. The staff was amazing and always made us feel welcome. I visited quite often, therefore witnessed the same level of care for all the other residents. It was beautiful to see them content walking around inside and outside the cottage. Unfortunately, our loved one passed away about a month ago, but I had to share our experience since Pacifica was a blessing to our family in a very difficult time. 100% Recommended!!!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

June 20, 2021

By Bob

We chose Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach because it's a memory care facility. All the others I was looking at were 3 times more expensive, and once the door closed it was like you were looked in into a box. In Pacifica, there were 16 people in each cottage, and they have like 4 people working in each cottage. So there are 4 people to 16 residents which is a great ratio. If my mom wants to go outside, she can go outside on the benches or gazebo. There's always somebody in the courtyard to watch her and make sure she doesn't fall down. It didn't smell. It smelled clean. When I went there around lunchtime and dinner time, the food smelled good enough where I could have sat down and had dinner. It had the ability for my parents to go outside for fresh air and wander around, not being locked in. The food smelled good and the place was clean. The activities director actually talks to you. She found out what my mom likes to do and what her interests are. It's an older facility, so some people might be disillusioned. It's not falling apart or anything. They also have generators.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

May 03, 2021

By Caridad

My mom is in Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach memory care. We haven't seen her, and we haven't been inside the facility -- we weren't allowed to come in. We haven't even visited her yet, but I looked at it before she moved in. They didn't want us to visit her but instead give her time and space, because otherwise she would want to leave with us. When I call the staff, they're very nice and say, "Do you want to talk to her?" They answer every question I ask them. I've been over there to drop things off, too, and they're very helpful. She's already had her hair done, so they did a good job. They even called me back to say she was very nice, and she didn't give them a hard time. I'm very happy with the place so far; I cannot complain. She's sharing a room with another person. They gave us a larger room with a lady there with her. They have activities, and they said they play bingo and stuff like that. They can go out to the courtyard; she has been to the courtyard with her friends to go for walks. They're in small cottages, there are fourteen of them in one cottage, but they all have their own rooms. They have a dining-room table with chairs, and then on the side they have a big TV and a couch. They eat in that same cottage where they're staying. There are five of these cottages. The yard is very clean, and they're very polite whenever I walk in the door. When I moved my mother in, the maintenance people came to my truck, and they took everything to her room. They're also the ones who put everything together for her. The pricing is also fair. I've seen places that are more expensive, but they don't look as good on the inside.

October 13, 2020

By HarveySummers0

Over the years the team at Pacifica Palm Beach has become part of my family. They helped me through the emotions and stress that I was dealing with. They recommended an Alzheimer's support group that would meet monthly at the community. This helped me cope with the guilt I was experiencing. My brother was a resident here for several years. The staff knew him so well they were able to know his needs even when he was not very verbal towards the end.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic Executive Director who fosters an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth. He and the outstanding staff genuinely care for all our residents, and their families. We have engaging and interesting activities in our homey cottages for our residents.

October 13, 2020

By loismills336

I want to thank Pacifica Palm Beach for all they have done during this covid pandemic to put me and other families at ease. They have done a great job of keeping us informed regarding all of the changes and policies coming from the government. They have made it possible to Facetime or come and visit in person. Thank you all for all you do it means a lot.

October 08, 2020

By Karen2020

Pacifica has private studio rooms, shared rooms, and small shared rooms. My aunt currently is in a private studio there and loves it. She is a people person but having her private room gives her space to be alone when she wants it. My interactions with the staff here have been exceptional. They are always there to help and provide updates. My aunt loves the activity program there. Some of her favorite activities are pretty nails where she gets her nails cleaned, cut and painted. She also enjoys the sing a longs, trivia and BINGO.

October 08, 2020

By Sallyrodriquez

My brother has lived at a few different communities over the years. This experience has been our best. When I have any issues or concerns they are always dealt with immediately. The management team are great at communicating with me everything that’s is going on with my brother. I love that there are alternatives to the menu in case he doesn’t want what is served. I love that they include many musical activities as music is my brother’s passion.

October 03, 2020

By Myrna

We have chosen Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. It looks like what we're looking for. They offer the same amenities as most of the others, nothing new or different but I like the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and very competent. We're just looking at the facilities from the outside.

Myrna, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach!

September 28, 2020

By Peter123Lyons

Pacifica Senior living Palm Beach has been such a great experience for my family. I love that if my grandpa doesn't like a certain kind of food they have alternatives that they offer him. He is such a picky eater, I was surprised how much he enjoys the meals. My grandpa used to be an avid golfer and although that is a bit out of his league now he enjoys the mini golf activity they do with him. I'm a glad to see they have options besides bingo when it comes to activities. My grandpa hates bingo and the last community he was at all they seemed to do was bingo. I am grateful that Pacifica has made it possible to visit him during covid-19 both in person and virtually.

May 07, 2020

By Ollie65

The cottages feel like home. The staff have been amazing during these difficult covid times. I feel comforted knowing my aunt is safe, happy and healthy. The have went above and beyond to keep life as normal as possible.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. If you ever need anything from us, please feel free to give us a call, we are here to help!

March 31, 2020

By Ricki

We chose Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach for our father because he'd be able to walk outside freely. That's the main reason. The staff and rooms were great, and the nurses and everyone there was very good. I ate there and the food was good. They do all sorts of stuff, like they go on field trips outside. The most important thing is that they can go outside on their own unsupervised because everything is fenced in, so it's a secure community.

We love to see reviews like yours and thank you for sharing! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have needs or questions, please reach out!

July 09, 2019

By Eric

My mother is in Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. She's in their memory care, and she is getting hospice care also from them. It's very well maintained and very clean. The staff is extremely caring and very concerned about her. They have it set up as seven small cottages and each has its own dining area. There's only a maximum of 14 residents per cottage, so it's very intimate. The activities are minimal because of the level of the residents. The pairs of cottages share a landscaped shaded area with benches and walkways between them. There's a common area with a television and games. They have an activities director who makes sure that the places are decorated and there's something special for all the major holidays. They also have a program with the local community college where they bring in youngsters who are prepping for CNA positions, and they work with the residents one-on-one for a week or two.

Hi Eric, thank you for taking the time to share your positive review. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear this. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

January 17, 2019

By lindsayccc

I love the concept of this community. It is amazing that the residents have the freedom to take a stroll outside yet still be safe from wandering. I would strongly recommend this community.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

December 12, 2018

By vanvan

Great community. The staff were great very friendly and helpful and made the process very easy.

Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

November 11, 2018

By Shanda 11

When I moved my Mom in last year it was wonderful!! My sister and I couldn't have been pleased more. We had the best 10 months!! Then in August, the changes of administration came with cut backs where the residents and staff were in jeopardy. The cottages are all full and pretty much only ONE caregiver are there alone. They are overworked and the residents are suffering as well. The place is now so filthy. We brought our concerns to the Administrator and the Nursing Director, but they acted like they just didn't care!! I had to move my mom out for her own safety. Very, very sad and traumatic...

Hello, thank you for being an advocate and caring about seniors and their families, as we do. Our team strives daily to the best of our ability to deliver an excellent experience and we take great pride in what we do. We are always striving to improve our service to the senior living community.

July 30, 2018

By Daughter345

My dad is at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. It is great. The rooms are great. They're very clean and very secure. The residents go places. They do musicals, and they do different kind of things. Everything is great. The dining area is excellent. The staff is excellent too. It is a great place. I love it, and I even asked my husband, "Can we come and stay here?" The activities are great. They have a lot of people and a lot of staff members. The price is high, but you get what you pay for.

Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach! If you have any questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

October 03, 2017

By Nanette S.

The Pacifica Team provided extraordinary, compassionate care daily to my Dad for 14 months. They expertly supported each digressive stage of his Dementia until his death last month. My gratitude for the manner in which the Pacifica Team honored and maintained my Dad's Diginity during the very difficult final stages of his life is profound.

Thank you for your detailed positive review Nanette S.. We send our condolences on the passing of you Dad and thank you for sharing him with us. We always strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and we are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

October 03, 2017

By MaggieBagley

My mother receives the best care here. There are always lots of activities for her to do. Her caregivers are loving and caring. Without this care our family would be lost.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are always here for you and your family! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

May 31, 2017

By susan-m685004

We chose Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach because it's like living in your own house. My mom-in-law is in one of the cottages, and it's a big house. The doors are not locked, and the residents can go in and out of the house. It's a gated community, so if you don’t have a code, you can't go in and out of the gate. They have a big outdoor area where the residents can sit down and watch the garden. The caretakers are nice. If there are any incidents we need to know, they call us. As far as it goes, we like it. It is a nice place. The residents in my mom's cottage are mostly mobile, and they can do things by themselves. They do their activities every day in the different cottages.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. Our exceptional team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

May 29, 2017

By brian865803

The smaller community living features are excellent and the secure gardens are beautiful and accessible, as it is a single storey facility. As it is a dedicated Memory Center, the ability to be placed with people of equal memory ability is a real plus. The only negative feature, in my opinion, was the extremely small bedroom sizes.

Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. We're happy we could meet your expectations and will share your constructive criticism with the Corporate office. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

May 17, 2016

By CherylUFUUB

Pacifica was more money but very nice, and I really considered it. They had little apartments, a group living room, and a dining room. It had a homey atmosphere and was gated, so you can go out and wander but not go to an unsafe area, which was nice. The rooms were nice. The facility is a little small. A lot of the people were in the living room watching TV. They had a certain number of cottages and a certain number of people. They had activities. They start to cook the food in one area and finish it in the kitchen of the little cottage, so it smells like they're at home doing home-cooked meals.

Cherylufuub, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We have daily engaging and interesting activities in our homey cottages for our residents. Thank you again for your review.

October 14, 2015

By musi

My husband has been in Pacifica Greenacres since March 2015. I feel like they have become part of my family and they mine. The facilities are clean and fresh. The residents are clean and well taken care of. The food is good! The vast majority of the aides are caring, friendly and helpful. The administrative staff are responsive to my needs and questions. I feel that I could not have chosen a better place for for spouse. I can visit him any time of the day or night, and did for the first week.

May 22, 2015

By judypeppermom

I brought my mother there in October 2013 for what I planned to be just one weekend of respite care as my family and I had a trip out of town. To my great surprise, upon returning my mother did not want to leave! She has been living at Pacifica ever since. It has been about a year and a half now and she is happier than ever there and my siblings and I have peace of mind that mom is well taken care of. It is a warm, "homey", non-institutional setting of "cottages" unlike any other ALF I have visited. I highly recommend Pacifica to anyone in search of care for their loved one(s)!

Thank you for letting us know about your visit we are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

August 05, 2014

The people at Pacifica were very helpful and they work with you. My dad lives there. They recently painted the building and it looks nice and neat. There is no smell. His room has enough space; he has a window and it is well-lit. They send you a calendar each month with the schedule and what they are doing. He says he doesn't really like the food, but he likes ice cream. The place is well-secured.

July 01, 2014

By shapack

Amazing! All residents were neatly groomed, dressed and HAPPY. The facility is clean, cheerful and has the comfortable feeling of a private home. I was so impressed with the beautiful courtyards in which residents have the freedom to come and go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and their caring interaction with residents. I was given the freedom to speak with residents. Everyone with whom I spoke was very happy with the care and lifestyle at Pacifica.

Hi Pacifica Senior, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

April 24, 2014

By Lynnemathews

As a RN and daughter of an Alzheimer's patient, I highly recommend Pacifica. The cottages feel like a home. The staff is caring, compassionate and treat residents with respect. The management team under Ms Windsome's leadership are outstanding, tenured and responsive. Making a decision to place my mother in a facility was gut wrenching. I now wish I would have done it sooner. She is truly happy, safe and well care for. I enjoy visiting and have gotten to know several of the residents. I did my home work and glad I chose Pacifica. Sincerely Lynne, RN

Lynnemathews, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

March 26, 2014

By Allan3

Mom is at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. We actually visited several facilities and we were most impressed with this one that is why we chose it for her. I felt very comfortable with the place. Everything is totally perfect there and I am happy with that. I would recommend this facility.

August 15, 2013

By sadie1625

I am very pleased with the facility and staff. I searched quite a few places and this one fit the needs that I was looking for, for my loved one. Keeping her in a secure place but giving her as much access as she wanted to enjoy outdoors. It is very comfortable to bring my small kids on visits do to the access to the secured courtyard that they love the freedom to play in while I sit and visit my loved one.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

July 06, 2013

By gael1

Pacifica is a lovely graded memory care facility. There are three levels of care each with their own group of cottages. All cottages are exactly alike to reduce distress for the patient when it is necessary to move to another level of care. The staff is knowledgable and caring. However, this is not a nursing home and does not have trained medical support. For example, my husband could not go there because he is a juvenile diabetic and requires assistance with his insulin pump. There is no one there to aid him. I would highly recommend considering Pacifica if your only issue is dementia.

May 17, 2013

By Sandra24

The Cottages didn't have the ambiance that some of the other facilities did. They spend all their money on the lobby to make a good impression on people, but when they come in, care is horrible. My girlfriend was in there. She had a roommate who had a stroke and couldn't feed herself. Nobody had time to feed her, and it seems that they just didn't care. So they delivered the food to her everyday then came back and took away the tray with the uneaten food after a certain time. I would not care to be in a place like that.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach.

March 09, 2013

By Sally9

Pacifica Senior Living has more of a family style setup where they have 14 rooms and they share a big kitchen and a living room. And it's all on the first floor. She gets up every morning, gets her breakfast or she can go walk outside with her walker. We're very happy with their service.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.

June 28, 2012

By Carolyn2

My Mom was at the Cottages for two years, and it was the best facility for her. My Mom was able to walk outside (in a gated area), which she loved, and enjoy the fresh air. The meals were fantastic, the nurses and caregivers were kind, helpful, and pleasant, the activities were appropriate,and the staff outside of the immediate cottage were amazingly caring. I would recommend this facility to everyone!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

June 24, 2012

By Pat Callaghan

My Mom resided at Pacifica Senior LIving Center for 2 and 1/2 years; until she died from alzheimer's disease. The greatest place she could have lived!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.
See all Memory Care reviews (43) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Within 2 weeks of move in, we have a Roundtable meeting where the family and the management Team meet to re-introduce themselves and discuss their loved ones plan of care. In addition, we have quarterly meetings to discuss their progress. The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach is situated in a residential neighborhood with shopping, hospitals and physician offices nearby.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Located in Greenacres, FL, Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach