Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

May 29, 2017

By brian865803

The smaller community living features are excellent and the secure gardens are beautiful and accessible, as it is a single storey facility. As it is a dedicated Memory Center, the ability to be placed with people of equal memory ability is a real plus. The only negative feature, in my opinion, was the extremely small bedroom sizes.

Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. We're happy we could meet your expectations and will share your constructive criticism with the Corporate office. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

May 17, 2016

By CherylUFUUB

Pacifica was more money but very nice, and I really considered it. They had little apartments, a group living room, and a dining room. It had a homey atmosphere and was gated, so you can go out and wander but not go to an unsafe area, which was nice. The rooms were nice. The facility is a little small. A lot of the people were in the living room watching TV. They had a certain number of cottages and a certain number of people. They had activities. They start to cook the food in one area and finish it in the kitchen of the little cottage, so it smells like they're at home doing home-cooked meals.

Cherylufuub, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We have daily engaging and interesting activities in our homey cottages for our residents. Thank you again for your review.

October 14, 2015

By musi

My husband has been in Pacifica Greenacres since March 2015. I feel like they have become part of my family and they mine. The facilities are clean and fresh. The residents are clean and well taken care of. The food is good! The vast majority of the aides are caring, friendly and helpful. The administrative staff are responsive to my needs and questions. I feel that I could not have chosen a better place for for spouse. I can visit him any time of the day or night, and did for the first week.

May 22, 2015

By judypeppermom

I brought my mother there in October 2013 for what I planned to be just one weekend of respite care as my family and I had a trip out of town. To my great surprise, upon returning my mother did not want to leave! She has been living at Pacifica ever since. It has been about a year and a half now and she is happier than ever there and my siblings and I have peace of mind that mom is well taken care of. It is a warm, "homey", non-institutional setting of "cottages" unlike any other ALF I have visited. I highly recommend Pacifica to anyone in search of care for their loved one(s)!

Thank you for letting us know about your visit we are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

August 05, 2014

The people at Pacifica were very helpful and they work with you. My dad lives there. They recently painted the building and it looks nice and neat. There is no smell. His room has enough space; he has a window and it is well-lit. They send you a calendar each month with the schedule and what they are doing. He says he doesn't really like the food, but he likes ice cream. The place is well-secured.

July 01, 2014

By shapack

Amazing! All residents were neatly groomed, dressed and HAPPY. The facility is clean, cheerful and has the comfortable feeling of a private home. I was so impressed with the beautiful courtyards in which residents have the freedom to come and go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and their caring interaction with residents. I was given the freedom to speak with residents. Everyone with whom I spoke was very happy with the care and lifestyle at Pacifica.

Hi Pacifica Senior, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

April 24, 2014

By Lynnemathews

As a RN and daughter of an Alzheimer's patient, I highly recommend Pacifica. The cottages feel like a home. The staff is caring, compassionate and treat residents with respect. The management team under Ms Windsome's leadership are outstanding, tenured and responsive. Making a decision to place my mother in a facility was gut wrenching. I now wish I would have done it sooner. She is truly happy, safe and well care for. I enjoy visiting and have gotten to know several of the residents. I did my home work and glad I chose Pacifica. Sincerely Lynne, RN

Lynnemathews, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

March 26, 2014

By Allan3

Mom is at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. We actually visited several facilities and we were most impressed with this one that is why we chose it for her. I felt very comfortable with the place. Everything is totally perfect there and I am happy with that. I would recommend this facility.

August 15, 2013

By sadie1625

I am very pleased with the facility and staff. I searched quite a few places and this one fit the needs that I was looking for, for my loved one. Keeping her in a secure place but giving her as much access as she wanted to enjoy outdoors. It is very comfortable to bring my small kids on visits do to the access to the secured courtyard that they love the freedom to play in while I sit and visit my loved one.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

July 06, 2013

By gael1

Pacifica is a lovely graded memory care facility. There are three levels of care each with their own group of cottages. All cottages are exactly alike to reduce distress for the patient when it is necessary to move to another level of care. The staff is knowledgable and caring. However, this is not a nursing home and does not have trained medical support. For example, my husband could not go there because he is a juvenile diabetic and requires assistance with his insulin pump. There is no one there to aid him. I would highly recommend considering Pacifica if your only issue is dementia.

May 17, 2013

By Sandra24

The Cottages didn't have the ambiance that some of the other facilities did. They spend all their money on the lobby to make a good impression on people, but when they come in, care is horrible. My girlfriend was in there. She had a roommate who had a stroke and couldn't feed herself. Nobody had time to feed her, and it seems that they just didn't care. So they delivered the food to her everyday then came back and took away the tray with the uneaten food after a certain time. I would not care to be in a place like that.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach.

March 09, 2013

By Sally9

Pacifica Senior Living has more of a family style setup where they have 14 rooms and they share a big kitchen and a living room. And it's all on the first floor. She gets up every morning, gets her breakfast or she can go walk outside with her walker. We're very happy with their service.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.

June 28, 2012

By Carolyn2

My Mom was at the Cottages for two years, and it was the best facility for her. My Mom was able to walk outside (in a gated area), which she loved, and enjoy the fresh air. The meals were fantastic, the nurses and caregivers were kind, helpful, and pleasant, the activities were appropriate,and the staff outside of the immediate cottage were amazingly caring. I would recommend this facility to everyone!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

June 24, 2012

By Pat Callaghan

My Mom resided at Pacifica Senior LIving Center for 2 and 1/2 years; until she died from alzheimer's disease. The greatest place she could have lived!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.
See all Memory Care reviews (22) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Within 2 weeks of move in, we have a Roundtable meeting where the family and the management Team meet to re-introduce themselves and discuss their loved ones plan of care. In addition, we have quarterly meetings to discuss their progress. The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach is situated in a residential neighborhood with shopping, hospitals and physician offices nearby.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Located in Greenacres, FL, Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach