Hunters Crossing Place

Reviews of Hunters Crossing Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Hunters Crossing Place

October 06, 2016

By Marty554268

We toured Brookdale, and it was a very nice facility. It wasn’t on our top 3 because we had to narrow it down, but then when we learned that my mom did not qualify for one of the top choices, we went ahead and registered for Brookdale to be on the waitlist for them. When we went back, it seemed that the people were very friendly. The situation is my mother is in Virginia, and I am in Kansas and my cousin who is her main carer set up an appointment with a nurse. They offered to come out as that would have been much easier, and she said sure. The nurse that she spoke with ended up for labor day, but he didn’t show; that was a bit of a disappointed but it made it easier for use to decide. The nice thing is they refunded the entire amount. I put a $500 deposit down, and they told us that there will be a processing fee. If she didn’t stay there, it would $100 that they will keep, and they didn’t keep it; we got the check yesterday for $500, so that was a nice surprise.

February 24, 2016

By Connie120280850

Brookdale Hunters Crossing had one- and two-bedroom apartments with big rooms. The people were nice and wonderful. It was more expensive due to their having a 24-hour care nurse because they specialize in memory care. It was a wonderful visit.

November 30, 2015

By Kay46

During my visit in Brookdale Hunter's Crossing, I thought the community was nice. I noticed that they had an excellent security. The staff showed me around the area, except the bedrooms. They have monthly activities to celebrate different things, and they have crafts too. They had large dinner tables in a room with an open ceiling. I liked it because the light could come through. Overall, I liked that it was close to my house.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous117085350

I toured Hunter’s Crossing, and the facility was too much like a nursing home but close to where my daughter lived. It was a fine place, seemed clean, and the people seemed nice, but I don’t think it was a good fit for my dad.

October 30, 2015

Brookdale Hunter's Crossing looks good for the future. It was head and shoulders over the other ones from the people that were running it, the cleanliness of the facility, and what they had available. The room I looked at was nice and clean and had hard floor on it. I will recommend them.

October 28, 2015

I liked that Brookdale Hunter's Crossing (formerly Sterling House of Gainesville) was close to shopping centers, and you get to go do your grocery. I've got a powered chair, so I could do that. They're very good with activities. It would be perfect, but I just can't afford it. The staff was very good.

September 17, 2015

Our experience with Brookdale Hunter's Crossing (Formerly Sterling House of Gainesville) so far has been fine. The staff is very good. My father's room is a two-room that's got a living room, a bedroom, a kitchenette, and a bathroom, but he hasn't been there long enough yet.

August 05, 2015

By Maggie27

My initial impression when I walked in at Brookdale Hunter's Crossing was that the place was very clean, open, and friendly. I was greeted by their staff, and I think there was food offered in the lobby area. I was able to speak with the staff, the individuals living there, and their housekeepers. They all had positive things to say about the place. I was very impressed; it was a great tour.

June 20, 2015

I went to Brookdale Hunter’s Crossing, and it seemed fine. I had to go after work, so there wasn't much going on, and they didn't have any open rooms, so I couldn't see a room. I toured the rest of the facility, and it was very nice. The staffs were friendly, and the other ones I didn't talked to looked busy. I saw some residents walking down the hall, and they looked neat. They didn't look like nursing home patients, and they looked more like residents.

May 21, 2015

By High Springs Daughter

My parents spent a month here in respite care during a difficult time for my father's health. The staff is wonderful, I can't say enough about about the people from the administrators to the nurses to the aides. The surroundings are pleasant. The only negative was that the food was mixed, sometimes really good, sometimes less good. There was a transition going on with Brookdale taking it over and new food deliveries and the chef was working on it. Overall my parents were cared for and the people actually CARED, and I would recommend it.

November 27, 2013

By Riley1

The environment at Sterling House was very good. It didn't smell like an old folk's home. When we were there, we were treated with respect. It was a nice tour throughout.

November 25, 2013

We got my mother-in-law in the Sterling House and she's going to move in tomorrow. It's only four and a half miles from our house here in Florida. The area is very nice. It's right behind a little strip mall then has a public subway, a dry cleaners and a Hallmark store and she is capable of walking to that. The place is a little small but it's what she can afford. It's just a hard adjustment. We're moving her from a 2-bedroom assisted living to a small 1-bedroom that's 400 sq. ft. The staff was absolutely wonderful. The salesperson and the administrator were very good to us.

August 14, 2013

I visited Sterling House of Gainesville. The rooms were too small and I didn't like it there. If I had to go in a facility I'd probably go to another one.

April 10, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit the Sterling House of Gainesville assisted living facility since we were already in the region, looking at places for my friend's mother to live. The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds, manicured trees, shrubs and grass and seating areas. All of the interior rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. There were many places for residents to enjoy a variety of activities, from games to reading and seeing films. We saw residents of many levels of ambulation - all of whom seemed to be well cared for, content and engaged in their lives. The private rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel that rents out small apartments - but more personalized. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosting guests. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. Seniors can use the exercise room and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are also offered. The residents go on trips to visit the many Gainesville recreational hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, such as festivals and fairs. Every senior appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

Memory Care Reviews for Hunters Crossing Place

Costs for Hunters Crossing Place

Photos of Hunters Crossing Place

Services and Amenities of Hunters Crossing Place

• Spanish

• State Licenses: AL9442

• About Hunters Crossing Place

At Hunters Crossing Place we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Hunters Crossing Place are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Hunters Crossing Place