Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Reviews of Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Assisted Living Reviews for Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

March 07, 2017

By Sandra308475

I’ve selected it and we like it. The food and everything is good. The facilities are nice. We’ve had a couple of times where we had to ask them three or four times to fix a closet door that fell off the hinges. I don’t know if it’s lack of communication as far as getting my mother-in-law’s laundry service taken care of, but other than that, it’s a lovely place, and the people are friendly. They have some crafts and visiting people who bring service animals. Yesterday, they had miniature horses come to visit and several musicians sing and play piano and flute. They also have activities with ice cream socials, coffee, donuts, and popcorn. They do have yoga or meditation in the mornings and exercise in their big activity room. The rooms are very nicely sized. The bathrooms are very good. The ceilings are nice and tall, at least 9 ft to 10 ft tall, which gives you more of a spacious feeling.

January 07, 2017

By Patricia272448

If my parents had to go into assisted living, I would definitely go here. It wasn’t great, but it was good. It didn’t seem as upbeat, and I could hardly see anybody. They did have nursing services and some events. The price was a little higher, and that was one of our main concerns, too.

May 21, 2016

By AudreyYAMSK

It was small with 60 beds for assisted living, but it's fine and very affordable. We were happy that the services were ala carte so you only pay for the services that you need which really was a plus for us because my mother-in-law doesn't really need extra care. If you need help with medications, you only pay for that, and if you need help for bathing and dressing, you only pay for that. You only pay your rent, which includes food, housekeeping and laundry, and then all of the other assisted services are as needed. My mother-in-law likes the food. It's good for old people, and they keep their menu pretty current. They change it and ask the residents if they want something different.

February 24, 2016

By Connie120280850

All of the rooms were very small, but everyone was very nice and wonderful. The salesperson that spoke with us constantly checked on us and asked what was going because we were still deciding on help for my mother-in-law. Overall, it was very nice.

December 29, 2015

My father-in-law is residing here. Everyone has been very nice and competent. I like that the rooms are new and very spacious. They also have a lot of activities, like exercise classes, and sometimes they take the residents out for lunch and shopping trips, too. The dining room is clean, and the food is very good. It is a great place overall.

October 28, 2015

It was very comfortable, and there were a lot of activities there. There was no shopping close by, but there was a van available to take you to shopping. They had three meals, and the staff was very good. They should just make it affordable for us people that don't have a lot of money.

August 27, 2015

By Mary112305850

It was a very nice place. When we visited the place, their rooms were very nice and comfortable. We would have plenty of room, but again I didn’t feel at home there. It was very clean. The staff was courteous. We were not able to eat there, but we looked at the residents who were eating and they all seemed to be very pleasant. It has a nice atmosphere, but their price was exceptionally high.

May 29, 2015

Very nice people work here. The community seems to be quite tight, and the residents enjoy themselves as well as they can with the situations that they're having. And it is reasonably priced.

August 27, 2014

It is good, but it's expensive. It's nicer, too. They showed us the model room. You can bring your own furniture, and there's nice closet space. They have recreation too, and they will provide vans for the residents to go places. The staff is nice and friendly. I talked to the lady in the office. I think they have a live-in manager. They have rocking chairs outside. I saw some of the residents go out and sit down and chat. It's pretty good. It's a home away from home.

November 27, 2013

By Riley1

It was a good place. Their rooms were nice and clean. Their staff was cooperative and good. Even the guests that were there, they seemed to be pretty happy. This would be a good place.

September 24, 2013

Before my mother passed away, she stayed for a month. Generally, I liked the people. I thought they were nice and fine. I also thought that the atmosphere was nice as far as appearance. They did have many activities there. They had ice cream socials, Las Vegas night where they played a lot of games of chance. My mom wasn't able to take advantage of most of them because she was older and in a wheelchair. She wasn't that active physically and mentally. However, she did seem pretty happy there. She was well taken care of there. The only thing I didn't like was the food. I ate there sometimes and I thought it was substandard. The portions weren't very much and they didn't taste very good to me.

September 10, 2013

By Millie2

The staff had been very nice. I saw a one bedroom apartment and it was clean and spacious. I liked that there was an independent living area and memory care area in the building. It seemed a little institutionalized and smelled a little. They wanted to put him in the memory care and I thought my husband was not ready for that although he gets confused a little bit. Besides, that area smelled a little bit more and I did not want to put him there.

August 26, 2013

By Sheilah1

It was very nice. The grounds were beautiful. The people were extremely friendly. The staff seemed to be very competent. The rooms were nice. It was very affordable and recommendable.

May 24, 2013

By LInda62958050

I really liked it. That's where my mother is going when she gets out of rehab. The people, accommodations, and amenities are very nice. The residents all looked happy, the employees were very pleasant and happy. I didn't see anything negative. I feel confident that my mother is going to get good care.

November 28, 2012

By caring11231

The staff was really, really nice. When I visited I didn't really go through the rooms but I did notice though when I first walked in the counter was dirty. I did look on floor and the edges in the hallways but I didn't see anything else, it was just the counter that was dirty.

April 10, 2012

By tcruise

My grandmother is a current resident. The grounds and exterior are very well maintained. She gets a lot of individual attention. The nice thing is that she has the opportunity to interact with other residents. She looks forward to her weekly card games. She is in a private room, which allows her to retain privacy but still have support if she needs it. She also likes the fact that they have transportation to attend church and go to the mall/grocery store. (Thank goodness she doesn't drive anymore).

April 03, 2012

By gom

I researched this property for mother. I choose this property because it is affordable and close to my job. The facility is very clean and staff is friendly and helpful. My biggest concern is that she is well taken care of. They motivate my mother by encouraging her to attend activities at the center. I am very impressed that administrator knows all the residents. They also have a chef on board and the food is very good.

Memory Care Reviews for Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Questions about Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff receive initial dementia care training upon hire that provides guidance and techniques in supporting those residents with dementia and memory care needs. Monthly our associates receive in person in service training reviewing dementia care and working directly with residents with dementia needs from our Clare Bridge Program Manager. Additionally they receive monthly training through our intensive computer based training programs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Charter Senior Living of Gainesville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a 100 apartment community with 70 in AL and 30 in MC. The average age is 77 years old. Favorite things to do include: outings, bingo, B-fit exercise, gardening.

What programs or activities does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer B-fit exercise program, Flex Your Brain trivia and games, Grow Your Brain sign language classes, and walking club.

What places are near Charter Senior Living of Gainesville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Oaks Mall, Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Museum of Natural History, and multiple restaurants and shopping centers.

What transportation services does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville offer to assisted living residents?

Tuesday and Thursday transportation services to and from appointments and shopping as well as weekly outings on other days.

What safety features or security measures does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville offer to assisted living residents?

We have all alert systems in every room and bathroom and pendants for every resident, safety bars in bathrooms, and doors are monitored and locked at specific times by concierge.

How does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

All staff communicated daily in person, email, and by phone with both residents and their families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Charter Senior Living of Gainesville during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale staffs to the direct needs of our residents. Every resident receives an individualized care plan that provides detailed information about the care needs of the resident. This system collectively provides the amount of staffing needed to provide the best care for our residents. This always meets the state regulations and most often exceeds the recommendation of state.

If Charter Senior Living of Gainesville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are very pet friendly. Pets are allowed leashed in many of the common areas except the dining room, as well as outside areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff receive initial care training upon hire that provides guidance and techniques in supporting those residents needs. Monthly our associates receive in person in service training reviewing care and working directly with residents.. Additionally they receive monthly training through our intensive computer based training programs.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured unit and 24 hour staffing

What programs or activities does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale utilizes the Clare Bridge program which focuses on engaging residents of all abilities. This program follows “The Daily Path” which provides a reassuring structure, engagement, and physical/mental stimulation. Residents follow a structured daily routine that includes meal services, mental and physical workouts, refreshments, creative arts and crafts, and musical engagement.

Our Health and Wellness Director assesses residents prior to admission, upon admission, 15-30 days after admission, and then quarterly for the extent of the residents stay at our community. In addition, if the resident has a change in their condition we also complete a new assessment at that time.

What techniques does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents start their meals with our Refresh program which helps not only with hygiene but engaging the senses and encouraging appetite. Meals are served restaurant style with multiple meal options available. Brookdale Columbus will accommodate different diet needs, and can prepare foods in several ways to encourage independence and maintain the dignity of the residents.

How does Charter Senior Living of Gainesville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have care conference meetings quarterly to keep families up to date with the overall well being of their loved one. In addition, we will always communicate with our families if there is a change in a resident’s day to day normal.

Describe the neighborhood around Charter Senior Living of Gainesville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

residential setting, located close to healthcare providers.

Is Charter Senior Living of Gainesville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a particular hospital. Residents are transported to their hospital of choice. There are three major hospitals locally.

Costs for Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Photos of Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Services and Amenities of Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Charter Senior Living of Gainesville

Charter Senior Living of Gainesville is a highly regarded senior living community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care in Gainesville, Florida. At Charter Senior Living of Gainesville, no matter if you or a loved one are looking for Assisted Living or Memory Care, we believe each resident is unique. Because of this, we offer care that is personalized and tailored to your wishes and needs.

Map of Charter Senior Living of Gainesville