The Crossroads

Reviews of The Crossroads

Nursing Home Reviews for The Crossroads

October 15, 2015

By Debra113486150

We chose The Crossroads because of the location to which mom was living, the hospital she goes to, and the location; it is in the town where she’s from. She’s been there for a week. They’ve been very helpful and very kind. She is in a shared room, and it is kind of small. An activities person comes in and talks to her, and a physical therapist works with her.

February 16, 2014

By SickOfThisPlace

The only reason I am giving this place one star is because this site wouldn't let me give them 0 stars. Believe me when I say that they don't deserve even 1 star. I was in this facility after I was discharged from the hospital following knee replacement surgery. My husband had come to the internet to get reviews and this place had 5 stars so we picked this place to come to. Well I feel the only way they had 5 stars is if they are putting in the reviews themselves because there is no way in hell that they got that from someone that stayed there. Some of the staff were good but they were overshadowed by the worse staff I have ever seen. I am a RN and this place is horrible. They do respond to the call bell on a consistent basis. One night I had it on for 2 1/2 hours with no response and no pain medication. I did not have a PCP in this area so one had been assigned to me in the hospital and one of their partners followed me at Crossroads. I was told by staff that the MD wasn't responding to their calls so it was recommended that I change my MD to their Medical Director. I did so and that was a HUGH mistake because he took me off of the pain medication that worked and told me that "Pain was part of the healing process". I told them that my surgeon knew I was on pain meds and wanted me to continue on them. I was told that it didn't matter what my surgeon wanted because they were in control of what happens there. That was on a Friday. Saturday I told the facility that I wanted to be discharged but was told I couldn't start the discharge process on the weekend so I had to wait until Monday. On Monday I told them again I wanted to me discharged and was told I had to wait 72 hours because that was the facility policy. If I left it would be AMA and insurance wouldn't pay for the time there. So they held me there from Friday until Wednesday against me will and I was in pain all this time. They also kept the written prescription that my doctor had written in the hospital for me to take when I went home. They said they used my RXs when I arrived in the facility for my pain meds which is so full of it because they didn't have my pain meds for 36 hours after arrival and I had to us my own meds I had from home. I have told my surgeon about all that happened there and he was pissed. I have a feeling that they will be a complaint logged against them by my doctor. I know I am leaving something out but I wouldn't take a family member there if it was the last facility on this earth!!! Horrible place!!!

February 18, 2013

I wanted to move out of the place where I'm living now and move into a better facility. The Crossroads was clean and the staff was great. But the price is high.

June 29, 2012

By Mazurmusic7

The facilities are sadly in need of improvement and a substantial upgrade. There is little space for families to commune with their loved ones when they visit, and the residential rooms are simply too small to visit in. They didn't say anything, but my family members who stayed here seemed very uncomfortable in the living arrangements and I felt that they needed bigger quarters, especially considering the price of their living there in the first place. The staff is nice but not very well organized, and I consistently feel like asking the nurses what their qualifications are... in general they all appear absent minded as they work around the residents.

Services and Amenities of The Crossroads

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About The Crossroads

The Crossroads is a senior living provider in Davenport, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact The Crossroads for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Crossroads