Wheatridge Manor Care Center

Reviews of Wheatridge Manor Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Wheatridge Manor Care Center

January 21, 2015

By Dale11

My father was in the hospital, and then they put him in Wheatridge Manor Care Center. The staff was pretty good. If you want to get in, you can get in pretty easy, but if you want stuff done inside there for your parents, it's not so good at all. I was actually really mad, and we want to get out of there so bad. It wouldn't be so bad if it would be one or two or three times, but it's ongoing; they can't get the correct medications although it is prescribed by a doctor, and he has fallen down three times. There are three people in one room; it's real crowded and smelly. I don't like it. It's an older building. There isn't anything about the place that I like, from the rooms to the service. The food is not great. They like to collect the money. They play bingo and watch TV, but mostly everybody just sits around and looks at the wall. Their technology is behind. They have a horn that goes off underneath the bed to let you know that they're moving, and then it wakes up the other people who are sleeping in the same room. If you need help, they yell for help. They do have a little switch to pull for a light or rings a bell, but they don't respond to it. It's a crappy place, and I don't recommend anybody to go there.

January 15, 2015

By anonymus123

These people acted nice to our faces but we ended up pulling my grandma out if there because she was constantly getting diaper rash really bad because they were not thoroughly washing her, they were giving her cold showers and when she said please make the water warmer they made it even colder and then they kept switching the staff up on her during her showers so she wouldn't know who the culpirts were (she has mils dementia so they thought she'd be too forgetful to tell anyone). And she came home with a pair of some random men's socks on her feet and the stockings she wore to keep swelling down in her legs were gone. We were not happy with this place. Please make sure your loved one is taken care of. Ask them if they are being treated right. Our loved one was not.

August 08, 2012

By ElleJai

The staff people at Wheat Ridge Manor are wonderful. Although the facility itself is older, they have taken good care of it over the years. When I visited (without an appointment) prior to placing my aunt, I was impressed by the home-like atmosphere and how clean everything was - including no odors. They make every effort to ensure the people are well cared for and comfortable. The grounds are lovely and people can be outside or in the solarium year round. It was challenging to find a place for my aunt because her mind continues to be sharp, but her little body is wearing out. She was not happy about giving up her independence and having to live in a care facility. The staff at Wheat Ridge Manor have been wonderful with her and treat her with respect and kindness. They have activities, religious services, outings, movies, treats, therapies, and crafts. After visiting numerous facilities in the area, we are very pleased with Wheat Ridge Manor.

Services and Amenities of Wheatridge Manor Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Wheatridge Manor Care Center

Wheatridge Manor Care Center is a senior living provider in Wheat Ridge, Colorado that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Wheatridge Manor Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wheatridge Manor Care Center