Pacifica Senior Living Union City

33883 Alvarado-Niles Rd, Union City, CA 94587
Pacifica Senior Living Union City (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 28 days

The choice is yours! Select which option suits you best. 1. Featured Apartment of the Week (based on availability) 2. $500 off for six (6) months 3. No rent increase for two (2) years

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Union City

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Union City

August 14, 2021

By Eileen

I and my mother are residents of Pacifica Senior Living Union City since 5 year. I like this place very much, it is close to my brother and transit takes me every where around the Union City and Newark anywhere I wants to go. And I am close to Bart and can get to San Francisco as well. Community is caring and all the residents like each other very much. We enjoy doing things under the care of staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

August 13, 2021

By Mr. Johnson

I was a little concerned about how the transition of living in a Senior Community would impact my mother. But Pacifica has proven to be the "perfect" choice for that transition. First and foremost the facility is "clean" and very well maintained on a routine basis, that was "extremely" important to me, my family and my mother. The staff is GREAT, from the front end management team, the to front entrance reception area, to the dining area, to the facility techs, and the night crew(s), everyone is very polite, professional, pleasant and very easy to communicate with. Additionally, everyone is very responsive to the requests and or needs of the residents, my mother is extremely pleased with the attentiveness of the staff there. Activities are plentiful for any that chose to get involved or engaged in, which has made a nice difference in my mother's day to day routine(s). I feel really good with where my mother is and how the transition turned out to be very good and easy for her.

Mr. Johnson, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

October 15, 2020

By Looking out for loved ones

Checking out places for a friend’s mom who may move in to Norcal. Staff was friendly and caring. Facility was clean. Good location.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

October 02, 2020

By Linh

I liked that Pacifica Senior Living Union City was a smaller community. It's very well contained. It's very clean, and there were no bad smells or anything. The director was very kind and very open to all questions. He took us through the facility. It was a very thorough meeting. He took us into the room that would be available. He was very kind and nice. I can't say anything bad about them. It was a very nice facility. They have memory care, too. It turns out my dad could use a little bit of memory care in addition to assisted living. It's more like a small hotel, and it's all enclosed. There were two levels. The rooms were small, but enough to put a bed, a couple of dressers for storage, and a TV. They also have double room like a suite where two people can share. Because of Covid, they're pretty careful about letting people in. He did go over the activities. They have transportation to the salon and doctors. They have an on-site doctor who comes once a week to see their residents. It's not luxury, but it's great. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 25, 2020

By Lane E

Lou - was a wonder. He told us about availability, Covid, move in specials, the on-line brochure, and he demonstrated an obvious desire to help us find the appropriate place for Micki. He was with us throughout our search - sending specific room photos, dimensions, and eventually a full video tour. Lou showed us everything he could and remained super supportive long after Micki had made her choice. Lou was patient and persistent with regards to Micki’s needs. Thank you Lou - you were extremely generous with your time, suggestions, and thoughtfulness. You have been blessed to bless others - keep on! LeniE

September 26, 2019

By 40trout

Toured the facility with my mother in law in mind. Very nice, clean and a cheerful atmosphere. Staff were friendly and seemed connected to residents. Altogether a very positive experience.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your experience here on our Caring profile. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. We would like to invite you to come back at any time to join us for our upcoming activities so she can get a feel for what our community is like. Housekeeping, laundry, complimentary transportation, medication management, coordination of healthcare needs, and escorting to dining and social programs are just the most basic of our services. As part of our Pacifica Union City family, residents enjoy socials, movie nights, group games, arts & crafts workshops, live entertainment, and much more. Thank you again for your consideration and we hope to see you all again soon!

September 25, 2019

By Mark Claypool

My mother loves her room and the amenities. She is well taken care of and the staff is very friendly and caring. The activities and the library are a couple of her favorites about Pacifica. Also, the good food and flexibility of the menu. She likes that if she doesn’t want the entree for dinner there is a side menu of tasty food she can special order.

Hi Mark, we are so happy to hear this and thank you for sharing your positive experience! We love having your mother here and will always make any sorts of adjustments that she needs. As you know she enjoys the view from her apartment, likes baseball and so we have been talking about the Oakland A’s and the wild card for the play-offs! Her generosity is amazing, did you know that when she had a couple of pair of new shoes that didn’t work out she made it a point to seek out someone who could use them?! We all enjoy her delightful sense of humor and her leadership. For example, when we rolled out the recycle program she asked great questions wanting to ensure we all knew just what to do. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon.

September 25, 2019

By RMartin12

I toured Pacifica Senior Living for my parents. This was a research trip, as they are not ready to move in right now. The staff was friendly (important) and the place was clean and had good energy. Unlike the other home I visited, the residents looked happy and occupied with games or activities. The sales rep Lou was very helpful and a caring guy. I'll definitely consider this place when my parents need to make this change.

Hello, thank you very much for these kind words about our team and community. We don’t believe in standardized care and therapy plans; instead, we tailor our services to fit the individual needs of each resident. Once the individual care plans are developed, we makes sure that the care plan is delivered by our our expertly-trained staff. We also have a library fully stocked with books, board games, and puzzles, a spacious gathering room, and a lovely outdoor garden. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your consideration.

September 14, 2019

By Kimberly G

We recently visited a family friend of ours. The atmosphere as soon as you walk through the doors was delightful. The staff are welcoming, we were impressed on how involved the staff are wth the residents. Coming across caregivers and managers as well. My family & I were extremely impressed with the amount of activities they had happening. She couldn't stop talking about the Beautiful decorations, entertainment. We even experienced a group doing flower arrangements which was lead by the activity director which is rare at other places it shows how committed Pacifica is to our loved ones.

Kimberly G, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Union City! We don't believe in standardized care and therapy plans; instead, we tailor our services to fit the individual needs of each resident. Once the individual care plans are developed, we makes sure that the care plan is delivered by our our expertly-trained staff. Our staff goes above and beyond to offer residents an optimal level of assistance, complete with specialized cognitive, social, physical, and recreational-focused activities required to make our residents life more satisfying. We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

September 13, 2019

By Kaly

We liked the smaller, homey atmosphere at Pacifica. We felt like we were already residents when we toured the community. The people were friendly, diverse, and happy to be there. It’s in an ideal location, in a residential neighborhood. The rooms were super clean and spacious. The layout of and accessibility to the cafe, courtyard, sundry store, activity room, library, laundry room, exercise room, etc. were perfect.

Hi Kaly, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 12, 2019

By awgo

The staff is friendly and well-trained. The care about your experience while you visit. It made me feel more comfortable and happy that my mother is there even though she is new. The community is clean throughout and the food is tasty and well-prepared. The management staff from the executive director on down cares and does a professional job. My mother is already enjoying the many activities available daily.

Hi, thank you so much! Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

September 11, 2019

By inquirervisit

I am doing research for a friend who is looking for assisted living for his parent in the bay area. Pacifica Senior Living in Union City was highly recommended. I stopped by for a preliminary site survey and glad that I did. The staff was very friendly and the facility was clean and had a great atmosphere. I rank this facility at the top of my list to recommend my friend to consider for his parent.

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to consider our community and leave a review. We are glad to hear this and agree with you. With our modern boutique-style setting and the cruise-like amenities, our award-winning community sets new standards for high-quality senior living near Fremont, CA. Please feel free to come by at any time, or join us at one of our upcoming events. Thank you again, we hope to see you and your friend soon.

June 14, 2019

By Christine

Representative Sherrie R. was of great assistance showing this lovely facility to me one day, then again with me and my two family members on two other days. Place was sparkling clean, fresh, new, airy, secure; and staff members were cheerful and welcoming. I loved it on each visit and would move in, myself, in a heartbeat when it's my time!

Thank you for sharing your comments, we love to see reviews like yours and look forward to seeing you again.

January 30, 2019

By Maryanne

The facility's tour was wonderful! Caroline gave us great feedback and guidance on the expectations in transitioning my mom into an assisted living.

Hi Maryanne, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

March 27, 2018

By Bernard

My visit at Pacifica Senior Living in Union City was great. Their studio and one-bedroom apartments were all good. They provided three meals a day for the residents. The place looked great, so I want to move there.

Hi Bernard, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Union City!

February 07, 2017

By Happy Visitor288607

The rooms at Pacifica were pretty nice. I was quite impressed with the person who showed me everything. She was pretty knowledgeable, so I walked away thinking that in the future, she could probably help me. It was a nice facility. She showed me a shared room that had all the amenities my mom might like. That was one of the nicer ones I visited. They had a sitting area, a TV area, a reading area, a game room, and a cafeteria.

You really made our day today. Your opinion is very important to us. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (510) 279-8114.

December 06, 2016

By Past Resident445681

Pacifica Senior Living needed to hire more people to care for the people that stayed there. The residents have this panic, but did not have a button that they can wear on the wrist. They need to upgrade that system because it wasn’t working that great. The advice they had to get in and out of the main door was inoperable. I didn’t think it was a very good facility. He had an incident where he fell and they failed to let the family know that he had a fall; two weeks later we discovered he had a fall. He had symptoms to emergency. I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody. They don’t have enough staff on duty, and they were shorthanded at the time. I don’t know if they resolved this issue, but I have discussed it with them if they’re going to take care of it. However, they had some really nice facilities, and the staff was cordial; they weren’t rude.

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

October 14, 2016

By Tessajo

Every time I visit the Pacifica Senior Living community in Union City I am greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. The staff here are compassionate and you can tell they are happy working here. I love joining the special community events, especially the Hawaiian Luau, Oktoberfest and Christmas Holiday celebrations! I highly recommend Pacifica Senior Living in Union City for your loved one.

Tessajo, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

September 13, 2016

By Sue, who loves Pacifica

This was one of the hardest decisions of my life and Pacifica made things move through smoorth as silk. I just took my Mom to her MD for her physical and she said that my Mom has looked better than she has looked in years. There is great follow through; it's not just get 'em in here and forget about 'em. My Mom, bless her, needs a lot of assistance and my health was deteriorating but they have taken super great care of her. I feel so blessed to have these folks in our lives

Thank you for your 5 star positive review, we are so very happy to hear this! Thank you so much for sharing, it means a lot to us. We are extremely dedicated to our residents and consider them family. We appreciate the kind words.

May 26, 2016

By Caring Visitor240186

I like Pacifica Senior Living Union City (formerly Almavia), but I'm too far because I work in Oakland. It looked clean, and there's no smell. I liked the rooms, which are air-conditioned.

Thank you for your positive review!

March 08, 2016

By Waiehu

I immediately liked Pacifica Senior Living Union City because the receptionist was friendly and nice. The place was bright and cheerful looking. All of the residents were decorating the place for Valentine's Day, so there were hearts all over the place. There are physical activities done with the memory care patients and always something going on for all of the residents, like arts and crafts. There are residents in walkers and wheelchairs, but they are always doing something, too. The furnishings at this facility looked new and were nice pieces of furniture. They are doing a good job taking care of my husband.

Thanks for the positive 5 star review, Waiehu. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth in our community. Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. We hope to see you around and would love the opportunity to shake your hand and say thank you in person. Thank you again for your review!

December 29, 2015

By DH4

I liked many things about Pacifica Senior Living Union City, including the size, the friendliness of the staff, and the good food. I really liked Robin, the marketing/sales guy. He was very personable and future-oriented. I also liked the price; it’s the most reasonable price among all that I have visited. I like its location, which is just across the street from a high school, so they get volunteers. I also like that it is close to grocery stores and restaurants.

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

October 16, 2015

By mayalm

My Mom stayed here at Pacifica for 3 weeks respite care. She has short term memory issues and is a little unstable on her feet ("walker dpendent"). It is important that she has a lot of social stimulation and time-place orientation every day. They promised they would look after her and provide for her needs while I was out of town. THEY DID! I can tell when Mom hasn't been getting the social interaction she needs because her mind is more dull and her spirits are low. When I picked her up to bring her back home, she was perky, in good spirits, and as agile as she can be. Clothes and person clean. No clothes were lost, no injuries sustained. Staff is just great (I'm a former Director of Nurses of a SNF so have a very high bar for them to meet). Her apt. was clean and new, really nice. The meals were tasty and of good variety. The activities were varied. Staff ensured Mom attended all they had (per our request). And while I was gone, they texted me pictures of her (I gave prior permission) and I texted pictures of me back to them so they could show her. - If I need respite again, I would definitely want Mom here. Top marks for this facility in my experience.

We really appreciate your positive review!

August 28, 2015

By IWolfe

I am a resident of this facility and I love every minute of it. When I walked into Pacifica I knew this was the right place for me The building and grounds were nice and clean, The management team that greeted us and explained everything to us were very professional. Along with my family we were able to pick out our own apartment. yes, we were downsizing but furnishing the apt. was a joy. It is nice and comfortable. I was afraid that coming from a different lifestyle I would be board but OH how wrong I was. There are plenty of different activities to keep me busy all day long and I take advantage of all of them to keep myself well and happy. The chef and kitchen staff are well trained to cater to us. The food is delicious/ The maintenance crew here at Pacifica is top notch. They take good care of our needs. The nurses, med tech's, care givers, housekeepers. With all of this help we do have a comfortable and carefree life. I LOVE IT.

July 21, 2015

By Wynn1

Pacifica Senior Living was nice, gorgeous, and huge. It’s next to the senior center, and the library is across the street. They gave us lunch; I talked to the chef and the people in the kitchen, and the people liked the food. We had some residents come up to our table and talk to us; they were very happy and very independent living there. It’s just very costly. They said they’d have to have 2 people because my dad weighs 260 lbs to lift him up, and then it was going to be about $7,000 a month; who has $7000 a month? The rooms are very nice and adequate for what they need. They had a whole calendar full of things. I like the staff; they’re very good. I talked to some people who came to visit their parents; their parents love it, and they’re very grateful that their parents are there.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time and are happy to hear our residents and their families are happy there! We understand that senior housing can be expensive and we have conducted a comprehensive market study and found our rates are in line with other facilities. In fact, we are confident Pacifica Senior Living offers a better value for you and your loved ones.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Union City

August 04, 2021

By phil n

My mother has had dementia for 8 or 9 years. We had her at home but as her disease progressed, it became harder to care for her. We moved her into the memory care section of Pacifica Senior Living in Union City, CA. Her placement was really good for all of us as she wasn't happy living in my small house. The facility is comfortable and big, with room for her to walk and two outdoor areas for residents. The staff is very professional and concerned about the care of the residents. The memory care director is active in all aspects of the facility and is quick to help if problems arise. I am very fortunate to have my mom at Pacifica Senior Living. Thanks to the staff for all they do!

July 26, 2021

By MikeH2323

The facilities are very nice, sunny with a lot of natural light. The furnishings are clean and organized. The staff is always helpful and accommodating. I recommend Pacifica Union City for anyone considering long term care for a loved one.

Mikeh2323, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Union City!

September 15, 2016

By Eleanor872865

My friend is in Pacifica. She’s in the memory care unit at night but in assisted living during the day. It’s a nice place. They have a beauty shop there, nice food, and a lot of retired teachers. She is a retired teacher too, so she has a lot in common with a lot of the people who live there. They have Happy Hour, trivia games that they play with the residents, music, entertainment, and movies. They have very nice accommodations.

Hi Eleanor, thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to hear that your friend is happy here with us and enjoying herself. We look forward to seeing you again!

See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Union City

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 84

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sittercise, Noodle ball, Bingo, Board games, Word games, Garden Club, Happy Hours, Worship Services on Sundays, Rosary on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Happy Hours on Fridays, Card Games (with quarter, dimes, and nickel betting), nail care/manicures, Last Sunday of the Month Lunch Outing, Shopping Shuttles, Live Entertainment, Arts and Crafts, Painting, Seated Yoga, Birthday Celebrations, Yearly Luau, Resident Council Meeting, Town hall meeting, Ice Cream Social (Just to name a few)

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Union City or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Union City Senior Center, Union City Lake/Park, Grocery Stores, CVS, Restaurants, 4 major banks, Logan High School (entertainment), Library

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to assisted living residents?

Bus and a car

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Union City exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef prepares amazing meals. We have other communities try to steal her from us. She plans all kinds of American and ethnic meal. Our residents are very happy with the selections of alternative food available. Our Chef was a bakery chef in the past and owned her own bakery. She makes the best sweets.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to assisted living residents?

Cameras on the outside of the building

How does Pacifica Senior Living Union City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Mailed flyers in statements, emails coming up activities, care directors and med techs inform families of any medical changes in their loved ones

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Union City during daytime and nighttime hours?

Assisted Living Day time is 14.5 to 1 and Noc shift is 29 to 1 Memory Care Day time is 6.5 to 1 and Noc is 13 to 1

If Pacifica Senior Living Union City accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are Pet Friendly.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service training

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have adequate staff throughout all shifts of the community. We determine the correct number of staffing based upon the current needs of our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Union City provide to protect residents who wander?

Front and back doors locked at 5:00 pm –Residents need a key fob to enter the front and back doors

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Union City use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Union City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Union City. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential behind our community. High School and dentist offices in front of us. Low income Senior Apartments on either side of us. Near shopping.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Union City affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Kaiser, St. Rose, and Washington Hospital (Palo Alto Medical Clinic is near us too)

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Union City

• Tagalog

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: #019200509

About Pacifica Senior Living Union City

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Union City, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, our community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned. It is a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Union City, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Union City