Pacifica Senior Living Union City

33883 Alvarado-Niles Rd, Union City, CA 94587
Pacifica Senior Living Union City (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 14 days

Great rates on select units! Call to ask about our move in specials on select Units Valid through 10-31-18

PROMOTION! 14 days

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Union City

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Union City

September 15, 2016

By Eleanor872865

My friend is in Pacifica. She’s in the memory care unit at night but in assisted living during the day. It’s a nice place. They have a beauty shop there, nice food, and a lot of retired teachers. She is a retired teacher too, so she has a lot in common with a lot of the people who live there. They have Happy Hour, trivia games that they play with the residents, music, entertainment, and movies. They have very nice accommodations.

Hi Eleanor, thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to hear that your friend is happy here with us and enjoying herself. We look forward to seeing you again!

September 13, 2016

By Sue, who loves Pacifica

This was one of the hardest decisions of my life and Pacifica made things move through smoorth as silk. I just took my Mom to her MD for her physical and she said that my Mom has looked better than she has looked in years. There is great follow through; it's not just get 'em in here and forget about 'em. My Mom, bless her, needs a lot of assistance and my health was deteriorating but they have taken super great care of her. I feel so blessed to have these folks in our lives

Thank you for your 5 star positive review, we are so very happy to hear this! Thank you so much for sharing, it means a lot to us. We are extremely dedicated to our residents and consider them family. We appreciate the kind words.

May 26, 2016

By Caring Visitor240186

I like Pacifica Senior Living Union City (formerly Almavia), but I'm too far because I work in Oakland. It looked clean, and there's no smell. I liked the rooms, which are air-conditioned.

Thank you for your positive review!

March 08, 2016

By Waiehu

I immediately liked Pacifica Senior Living Union City because the receptionist was friendly and nice. The place was bright and cheerful looking. All of the residents were decorating the place for Valentine's Day, so there were hearts all over the place. There are physical activities done with the memory care patients and always something going on for all of the residents, like arts and crafts. There are residents in walkers and wheelchairs, but they are always doing something, too. The furnishings at this facility looked new and were nice pieces of furniture. They are doing a good job taking care of my husband.

Thanks for the positive 5 star review, Waiehu. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth in our community. Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. We hope to see you around and would love the opportunity to shake your hand and say thank you in person. Thank you again for your review!

December 29, 2015

By DH4

I liked many things about Pacifica Senior Living Union City, including the size, the friendliness of the staff, and the good food. I really liked Robin, the marketing/sales guy. He was very personable and future-oriented. I also liked the price; it’s the most reasonable price among all that I have visited. I like its location, which is just across the street from a high school, so they get volunteers. I also like that it is close to grocery stores and restaurants.
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

October 16, 2015

By mayalm

Other

My Mom stayed here at Pacifica for 3 weeks respite care. She has short term memory issues and is a little unstable on her feet ("walker dpendent"). It is important that she has a lot of social stimulation and time-place orientation every day. They promised they would look after her and provide for her needs while I was out of town. THEY DID! I can tell when Mom hasn't been getting the social interaction she needs because her mind is more dull and her spirits are low. When I picked her up to bring her back home, she was perky, in good spirits, and as agile as she can be. Clothes and person clean. No clothes were lost, no injuries sustained. Staff is just great (I'm a former Director of Nurses of a SNF so have a very high bar for them to meet). Her apt. was clean and new, really nice. The meals were tasty and of good variety. The activities were varied. Staff ensured Mom attended all they had (per our request). And while I was gone, they texted me pictures of her (I gave prior permission) and I texted pictures of me back to them so they could show her. - If I need respite again, I would definitely want Mom here. Top marks for this facility in my experience.
We really appreciate your positive review!

August 28, 2015

By IWolfe

I am a resident of this facility and I love every minute of it. When I walked into Pacifica I knew this was the right place for me The building and grounds were nice and clean, The management team that greeted us and explained everything to us were very professional. Along with my family we were able to pick out our own apartment. yes, we were downsizing but furnishing the apt. was a joy. It is nice and comfortable. I was afraid that coming from a different lifestyle I would be board but OH how wrong I was. There are plenty of different activities to keep me busy all day long and I take advantage of all of them to keep myself well and happy. The chef and kitchen staff are well trained to cater to us. The food is delicious/ The maintenance crew here at Pacifica is top notch. They take good care of our needs. The nurses, med tech's, care givers, housekeepers. With all of this help we do have a comfortable and carefree life. I LOVE IT.

July 21, 2015

By Wynn1

Pacifica Senior Living was nice, gorgeous, and huge. It’s next to the senior center, and the library is across the street. They gave us lunch; I talked to the chef and the people in the kitchen, and the people liked the food. We had some residents come up to our table and talk to us; they were very happy and very independent living there. It’s just very costly. They said they’d have to have 2 people because my dad weighs 260 lbs to lift him up, and then it was going to be about $7,000 a month; who has $7000 a month? The rooms are very nice and adequate for what they need. They had a whole calendar full of things. I like the staff; they’re very good. I talked to some people who came to visit their parents; their parents love it, and they’re very grateful that their parents are there.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time and are happy to hear our residents and their families are happy there! We understand that senior housing can be expensive and we have conducted a comprehensive market study and found our rates are in line with other facilities. In fact, we are confident Pacifica Senior Living offers a better value for you and your loved ones.

September 12, 2012

By kellenE

I really liked this facility. It was really clean and all of the residents seemed to be happy. Most of the assisted living facilities that I have seen tend to be pretty run down. This one was also nice because all of the workers seemed to be really friendly and they treated the residents really well. The quality of the rooms there was also really nice. My grandmother seemed to really like this place when she was living there. I never heard her complain about it at all. She also liked the fact that the room she had had a nice view of the city. She also told me that they had many activities for the residents which was really nice because it helped to keep them busy. She also said that the food they served there was really good. She seemed to really enjoy the time she lived there.

July 23, 2012

By Meeshell

It was a very lovely environment with new furniture. My grandmother seemed to be enjoying herself here. She smiled and went on to introduce me to her friends that she had made. Everyone, the staff and other occupants, were very friendly as soon as I arrived. The staff always came by to make sure we, especially my grandmother, were okay or if we needed anything to let them know. They are always smiling and welcoming making them seem very genuine that they cared for each person there. It is in a very nice and safe community. The facility looks as if it is kept up to date and well maintained thoroughly and very often. It was very clean and a nice place for my grandmother to be. It was nice that they had special programs there too for the elderly with dementia. It is a nice safe haven for those with dementia and those just growing with old age.

August 03, 2011

By pm1960

Alma Via is a lovely environment and the staff is really nice and kind to the people that live there. They help to promote a positive physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being for the adult that reside there. The facilities are well cared for both inside and out. They even have a special program for adults who have been diagnosed with dementia that includes personalized care.

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Union City

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Union City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 84

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sittercise, Noodle ball, Bingo, Board games, Word games, Garden Club, Happy Hours, Worship Services on Sundays, Rosary on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Happy Hours on Fridays, Card Games (with quarter, dimes, and nickel betting), nail care/manicures, Last Sunday of the Month Lunch Outing, Shopping Shuttles, Live Entertainment, Arts and Crafts, Painting, Seated Yoga, Birthday Celebrations, Yearly Luau, Resident Council Meeting, Town hall meeting, Ice Cream Social (Just to name a few)

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Union City or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Union City Senior Center, Union City Lake/Park, Grocery Stores, CVS, Restaurants, 4 major banks, Logan High School (entertainment), Library

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to assisted living residents?

Bus and a car

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Union City exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef prepares amazing meals. We have other communities try to steal her from us. She plans all kinds of American and ethnic meal. Our residents are very happy with the selections of alternative food available. Our Chef was a bakery chef in the past and owned her own bakery. She makes the best sweets.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to assisted living residents?

Cameras on the outside of the building

How does Pacifica Senior Living Union City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Mailed flyers in statements, emails coming up activities, care directors and med techs inform families of any medical changes in their loved ones

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Union City during daytime and nighttime hours?

Assisted Living Day time is 14.5 to 1 and Noc shift is 29 to 1 Memory Care Day time is 6.5 to 1 and Noc is 13 to 1

If Pacifica Senior Living Union City accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are Pet Friendly.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service training

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have adequate staff throughout all shifts of the community. We determine the correct number of staffing based upon the current needs of our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Union City provide to protect residents who wander?

Front and back doors locked at 5:30 pm –Residents need a key fob to enter the front and back doors

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Union City offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Union City use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Union City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Union City. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential behind our community. High School and dentist offices in front of us. Low income Senior Apartments on either side of us. Near shopping.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Union City affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Kaiser, St. Rose, and Washington Hospital (Palo Alto Medical Clinic is near us too)

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Union City

• Tagalog

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 19200509

About Pacifica Senior Living Union City

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Union City, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, our community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned. It is a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Union City, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Union City