Dominican Oaks

Reviews of Dominican Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Dominican Oaks

July 13, 2015

By Heather18

Dominican Oaks is a wonderful place. It is well run. Everything is good. I just do not know if it will continue to fit my mother-in-law’s needs anymore. They are great. They are doing a good job of taking care of her, being in communication, and working with the girl that I have hired to run her to her appointments. It is a good community. It is pretty and clean. The food is good. The people are nice, the staff is excellent, and the director is awesome. They set up lots of occasions at different times throughout the year where families can come and participate.

June 02, 2015

At Dominican Oaks, I like the fact that you have your own apartment. They have a one-bedroom apartment with a balcony, or you can get a two-bedroom apartment if you're rich. I like the fact that they have all these things that you can do. I have a friend that lives there. She is working with a group from the University of California; they meet there, the retirement home gives them a nice room and brings them refreshments, and I thought oh, that is so nice. The people from the entire community in Santa Cruz are welcome to come to the Dominican Oaks, use the same rooms, and whatever else they got. They always have beautiful refreshments for a group. They do this for anybody who walks in. Every Friday, they have a speaker come in, and also entertainment comes in from outside the retirement community. They're not isolated, and that's the thing that I like. The restaurant is run just like a commercial restaurant. They have a menu, and you have three choices. You can have breakfast from like 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 a.m. They take you to plays that are in town, shopping, and anything that you want to do. You can bring your own car, or you can use their transportation. Also they have gardens, so if you want a garden plot, you can have garden plot and grow what you want. They have lots and lots of entertainment; the calendar is just stuffed with stuff. By the way, Dominican Oaks has a full kitchen in their apartments. Their rate is over $5000 a month, but everything is included. I have had a lot of interactions with the staff, and they are wonderful.

August 18, 2013

By Eunice1

Dominican Oaks is a lovely facility. It's wonderful. They got a little small individual apartment with a little bedroom, living room, and a kitchenette and that was what I liked about it.

August 17, 2013

My mother used to live in Dominican Oaks. I know it pretty well. I thought it was wonderful and very nice. I helped when she first moved in and stayed with her for about ten days until she got acclimated. The people there were just wonderful and the services were very good. The food was also good. The activities were good but my mother's very shy so she didn't participate in any of the activities. I know several people who were my neighbors and now they're living there at Dominican Oaks and they love it! I'd love to go there but I could never afford it. It's pleasant when you go in there and it doesn't look like a nursing home or an assisted living home.

About Dominican Oaks

Dominican Oaks is a senior living provider in Santa Cruz, California that offers residents Independent Living. Contact Dominican Oaks for more details on services and rates.

Map of Dominican Oaks