Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

475 Marsh Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 3 days

Get a month free if you sign in November! Contact us for more information.

Reviews of Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Assisted Living Reviews for Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

September 29, 2020

By Jeanna Hasley

The staff is very honest and dependable. They are very helpful. My residence has lots of storage and a full kitchen, dishwasher, and washer and dryer. TV service is included. We have emergency buttons to push if we should fall. We have different movies free every day. The residents are like family. We have devotions once a week, book club twice a month, exercise six days a week and rides in the van just to enjoy the sentry.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 29, 2020

By Debbie Timmons

Staff is very helpful and kind.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

September 23, 2020

By CodiElize

Avila is such a nice community very close to downtown the staff are extremely friendly and attentive to the residents. I am happy with my decision to place my loved one here! They are nothing but the best. The woman I spoke to on the phone was AMAZING! The man that had her job before never really helped me or called me back. I think her name is Cheyenne. She is the reason we’re going with this place.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

July 03, 2020

By Rosiee

During our current COVID life my auntie has had a hard time. The employees have made such an effort to keep her spirits up with games and fun activities . Thank you and god bless all the friends and family in Avila please keep them safe .

October 18, 2016

By Janet444313

I was able to visit, and I love it. I know that my mom would be very happy in this community. They have daily activities of different kinds. They also have some gardens. They have physical activities and a bus that takes the residents to places. The dining room area was big. They have different kinds of rooms that are very nice sized and well equipped. I would not mind living there myself.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

February 29, 2016

By Lauren18

We chose this community for our parents because of the overall quality of the facility. They have a whole calendar of activities for their residents. The staff are A+ because they are extremely compassionate. I am impressed too with the quality of the food; it was excellent.

December 30, 2015

By Pat118458150

We found this communituy for my mother-in-law. I have a very good experience with it. It is very good. The rooms are very nice. There are different options. There are studios and one-bedrooms. The dining room seems very clean, although my mother-in-law doesn’t go down there much. The dining room looks nice and she likes the food. They have different programs going on quite a bit.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO!

May 01, 2015

By Audrey19

It was a very nice community. The people were very friendly, and the surroundings were very nice because it had a very large outdoor area. It is right downtown, so it is relatively small compared to the other facility. However, the inside was very nice. They have a very nice dining room. Sanitation was topnotch.

March 23, 2015

By Kathie5

We looked at the community that I felt wasn't for her. The people there were a little more sick and needed help, and she just doesn’t need that right now. They seemed nice too, but I think I would not take her there until she had more difficulty and cognitive kind of problems.

September 12, 2014

By Art11

Outstanding and good. Should have come here sooner. I like it. This place makes life enriching.

Independent Living Reviews for Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Questions about Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our age range at Avila is 56-100. Our location in downtown San Luis Obispo makes it convenient for an active lifestyle offering nearby shopping, restaurants, and nearby beaches.

What programs or activities does Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Life Enrichment programs will offer a variety of opportunities to meet new friends, discover new interests, exercise and maintain health, enjoy exciting outings and excursions . . . and so much more.

What places are near Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are centrally located to several local attractions/counties including, but not limited to, beaches, mountains, art galleries, three wine regions, Farmers Market, Avila Valley Barn, Bishop Peak, Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, and other historical sites.

What transportation services does Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO offer to assisted living residents?

A full-time, certified bus driver will be available through the community's transportation department. Scheduled services takes residents to nearby shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining is an absolute delight at Avila Senior Living. Meals are prepared fresh daily by our on-site chefs and are served in beautifully appointed restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff. Using only the freshest fruits and vegetables the meals are delicious and nourishing.

What safety features or security measures does Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO offer to assisted living residents?

Avila Senior Living provides families the peace of mind of knowing that their loved ones are in good hands, delivered by people who genuinely care. We consider safety and security a top priority. Our community has both external and internal common area cameras and our assisted living residents each will have an emergency device to immediately alert staff of any incident.

How does Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our residents and families will be informed through a community newsletter, emails, phone calls, and, of course, our open door policy which welcomes active communication.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to our residents' acuity and individualized care plans and make adjustments as necessary with our residents' changing needs. It is always our goal to ensure adequate staffing at all times.

If Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community with plenty of walking paths and a small private dog park just for your pet to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We comply with all state regulations and offer additional training as necessary to ensure competent staff. All staff receives first aid training and there is CPR trained staff on-site 24/7.

Does Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We partner with several health care providers such as home health and hospice in our area.

Costs for Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Photos of Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Services and Amenities of Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: Yes

About Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO

Avila Senior Living at Downtown SLO is located in San Luis Obispo, CA. We offer independent and assisted senior living.

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Avila Senior Living at downtown SLO