Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Reviews of Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

October 27, 2015

By James114395550

We had a very short visit, probably an hour, and everybody treated us fine and showed us around. The rooms were adequate. We saw the library, the dining room, and some of the rooms. I would rate them a five.

October 23, 2015

By anonymous114948750

I have lived in here for three weeks, and I’m very pleased. It is centrally located between my two sons. The staff is fine, always going the extra mile, and it’s working out well for me. I’m in a studio room at the moment, but I’ll move into a one-bedroom in a week and a half. The menu is good, but it doesn’t have a lot of fresh food. There are a lot of activities throughout the day. We have exercise class every morning and afternoon, and, yesterday, I took a painting class. They have live music some afternoons, and groups of people go to the movies.

May 12, 2015

By Suziq1

It was very nice, but the rooms were small. The one room that would have accommodated her was overlooking the back parking lot -- which was where all the service vehicles and the laundry get in. She really didn’t have a view, she had no way to get outside, and there was no patio or balcony. The room was comfortable as opposed to what she is getting from the other facility, but it was smaller but very nice and nicely decorated. People were very pleasant, the staff is very professional, and the gal who took us around was very sweet.

November 28, 2014

It was closer, but it seemed much bigger. The apartments are spacious and clean. The staff accommodated me. The dining room was well decorated and very good. They had a musical concert going on when I visited. The place is secure enough.

February 13, 2014

By George49

It was very nice. I didn’t have a bad thing to say there but it didn’t have the accommodation that I wanted. They have smaller rooms. The food is very good and I was impressed. The menu was varied and food was presented very nicely.

October 13, 2013

I went to here and I loved that place. The rooms were fabulous. The staff were very nice. It is highly recommendable for what the community offers to residents. It covers a lot in terms of having a primary care physician that comes on site. The grounds are beautiful and it is super close to a lovely shopping center and maybe a half a mile away from a beach view. It doesn't get any better than that.

February 29, 2012

By wester

My grandma was a resident at this facility. She lived in her own small studio apartment within the residence at large. The people who worked there were very nice and I never had a poor experience with the staff (which went against my stereotypes of assisted living homes). They would take residents on trips out into the community, such as going shopping, visiting tourist attractions, going out to lunches, going to the casino, and so forth. I also found that the residents were pretty friendly as well. There was one woman in particular who lived in the semi-independent living area like where my grandma was while her husband lived in a different wing for dementia patients. I thought it was nice they were able to accommodate both of them so that they could be near each other. I know my family felt more at ease knowing that if something were to happen to my grandma there were people available nearby to help her. They weren't overbearing though, which meant she was able to have some freedom even though she couldn't live at home anymore.

Memory Care Reviews for Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Questions about Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff receives initial and ongoing training to stay up to date on the latest dementia care techniques.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Torrey Pines has plenty of active seniors who are still ready, willing and able to take on the world, just with some help! This community has a social calendar packed with activities and events designed for you in mind.

What programs or activities does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Start your day with walk in the garden or paved waling paths, or enjoy coffee in the bistro. Join the book club in the library, or dance the day away with live entertainment. Torrey pines offers programs designed around the interests and needs of the residents.

What places are near Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Torrey Pines is located off I-5 and Del Mar Heights Road. It is walking distance to Del Mar Highlands and One Paseo shopping centers. It is also a short drive to the beach and local attractions.

What transportation services does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Torrey Pines offers transportation to medical appointments (scheduled in advance) and weekly shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Torrey Pines offers restaurant style dining that is available all day. Our chef cooks from scratch daily, and use high quality ingredients to deliver great flavor. We are also able to accommodate special diets.

What safety features or security measures does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency Alert System; Licensed nurse oversight; quality trained staff 24 hours a day; step-in showers and safety bars.

How does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Torrey Pines has monthly newsletters and a voice friend system to stay in touch with family and friends.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing ratios can vary and are determined by the needs of our residents.

If Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Torrey Pines is pet friendly! Dogs can enjoy a beautiful grassy area near the courtyard and owners will enjoy the paved walking path along it.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is required to complete monthly training and continuing education in all areas of senior care.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing ratios can vary and are determined by the needs of our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Torrey Pines memory care has secured exterior doors and doorbells at the entrance to monitor who is coming and going 24 hours a day. Our community also features a secure outdoor garden with a large walking path and beautiful garden.

What programs or activities does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Torrey Pines features a person-centered approach designed to help residents feel a sense of belonging and purpose. Our research based activities encourage current skills and participation in a daily path of engagement.

What techniques does Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Torrey Pines has a dining and nutrition program that features finger food menus, supportive dining, individualized adaptive equipment, and nutrition & weight tracking.

Is Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Torrey Pines is located close to UCSD, Scripps Green & Scripps La Jolla.

Costs for Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Photos of Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living

Torrey Pines Senior Living in San Diego is a top-tier retirement community where residents are treated with respect and dignity.

Our community environment is rich in daily activities, including Bingo, exercise and music classes, movie nights and more. We also offer restaurant-style dining where residents can choose between a variety of delicious dishes prepared daily by our resident chef at any time of day. In addition, our common areas and apartments have been designed to make our residents feel right at home.

Additional Services & Amenities:

• Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
  • Gardening/Greenhouse
  • Pet Friendly
  • Qualified Staff for wide variety of Care Levels

We pledge to diligently serve our residents, their families, and each other with care, compassion and love. We are service oriented. We pledge to act responsibly, to be trustworthy, and to take responsibility for our actions. Honesty is our foundation and we pledge to empower our residents and each other; to seek fulfillment from life by inspiring hopes and dreams. We seek to uplift and we pledge to help others, every day, to smile, be happy and enjoy life! We are joyful.

Map of Torrey Pines Assisted & Senior Living