Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center

Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center

May 28, 2013

Mom is at Bay View Nursing and Rehab. It changed management, so that itself has its own challenges. And I think they still have a contract with Kaiser. It's an older facility, but it's clean. The new management has already started some renovations. For the most part, the services are fine. The food seem to be well thought out. I've met with the dietitian. She seem to be a nice person and interested with the patient. They could improve on communication and better planning for meetings. Anytime there's a change, there has to be a letter or specifically meetings so that people can ask questions. They should have a better way of communicating.

April 24, 2013

By caring1468

I think Bay View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center was a big mistake. When my husband's knees sort of gave way and he collapsed on the floor, I called the fire department for help because I couldn't lift him and then took him to the hospital. The hospital couldn't tell me what was exactly wrong with him until finally, they said that he has to go into rehab. I sort of give in and I'm really regretting it. When he got out of the hospital he could walk around using a walker, but then they put him in a wheelchair and in a bed that was too short for him at the nursing center, so his knees were bent all the time. He was there for six weeks. Now, he's home and he can no longer walk or even stand up even though the discharge said that the object was accomplished. I'm having a terrible time transferring him from the wheelchair to the bed and vice-versa. I'm very distressed and trying not to get too depressed, but I'm really frustrated. The girls that took care of him were very nice, they were all polite and everything was fine in the beginning. The food was inedible but it sort of improved towards the end. I tried to get him out of there on the first week but they kept saying no because he was improving and he really wasn't. They could have been more honest with me.

Services and Amenities of Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center

Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center is a senior living provider in Alameda, California that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center