5 Assisted Living Facilities in Cheyenne, WY
With an average cost of $0 in Cheyenne, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 9 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Cheyenne.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Cheyenne, WY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cheyenne
Cheyenne, Wyoming, is a city of history, legends and Wild West heritage situated between some of the country's most famous national parks, monuments and majestic sites. Cheyenne is the major city in the Cheyenne Metropolitan Statistical area and boasts a population of just over 63,000 people, 7.2 percent of whom are 65 and older. Assisted living for seniors is available in five facilities in Cheyenne.
Cheyenne follows the Wyoming state regulations for Assisted Living Facilities which are regulated by the Wyoming Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cheyenne
- Cheyenne residents experience slightly higher than average weather conditions with a comfort index rating of 68 out of 100. Cheyenne gets its higher rating for pleasant temperatures much of the year. The city does get an exceptionally high amount of snow each year with averages of 59 inches. The snowy weather could pose mobility challenges for seniors living in the area.
- Seniors in Cheyenne are less vulnerable with a low overall violent crime rate of only 16.6 percent on a scale of 100 indicating high crime. Property crime, however, jumps to 47.5 percent with a national average of 38.1 percent.
- Cheyenne seniors experience a cost of living that is .4 percent lower than the national average. Lower costs exhibit primarily in health care, utilities and transportation.
- Public transportation can be accessed via the Cheyenne Transit Program which has special accommodations for seniors. Most of the system's vehicles are lift-equipped and drivers are trained to assist those with mobility issues. The transit program also offers complementary curb-to-curb ADA paratransit services for those with disabling conditions which prevent them from accessing fixed transportation vehicles.
- The Wyoming Arts Council states that art touches all ages and it encourages senior participation in classes, exhibits and general enjoyment. Artistic pursuits through the Wyoming Arts Council include music, folk art, literary, visual and performing arts.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cheyenne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wyoming
Assisted Living costs in Cheyenne start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cheyenne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cheyenne
Monthly assisted living expenses are slightly higher in Cheyenne than in other parts of the state so financial assistance can be a welcome asset. The primary route to financial aid for seniors in Wyoming is through Medicaid for all those who meet eligibility requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cheyenne
Cheyenne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cheyenne, please visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cheyenne
Cheyenne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wyoming are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cheyenne
Review of Pointe Frontier Retirement
My mom will move into Pointe Frontier Retirement. It's beautiful. The tour was wonderful. The staff is fantastic. The room is a small apartment, but it's beautiful. It's got nice big windows with g... Read more
Review of Edgewood Sierra Hills in Cheyenne
The assisted living of Sierra Hills was excellent. The dining room was lovely. All the caregivers were excellent and the administration officers were very caring and helpful. The food was excellent. Read more
Review of Aspen Wind Assisted Living Community
Aspen Wind was very nice, but the place was a bit smaller. Their dining room was very clean and well-kept. The people were very nice; however, we chose the other community. Read more