The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Laramie, WY for 2023
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Laramie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Laramie 2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Laramie, call (855) 948-3865.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Laramie, Wyoming
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Caring's Family Advisors are here to help you with questions about senior living and care options.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Laramie
In 2011, Money Magazine recognized Laramie, Wyoming, as one of the "Best Places to Retire if You Fear Higher Taxes." The city's population is about 32,000, with 3.7 percent aged 65 and older. Eight assisted living facilities serve seniors in the Laramie area, and they're regulated by the state through the Wyoming Department of Health. In Wyoming, assisted living facilities provide limited nursing care, boarding care and personal care but not habilitative care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Laramie
- Residents in Laramie can count on some weather extremes like 56 inches of snow each winter. Laramie boasts an average of 231 sunny days each year as compared to the national average of 205, making the city a pleasant environment for senior activities.
- The city of Laramie has a violent crime rate of 31.9 percent compared to the national average of 31.1 percent on a scale of 1 to 100 (high crime). Property crime is even lower at 33.6 percent compared to 38.1 average in the rest of the country which provides a greater sense of security for local seniors.
- Laramie doesn't fare as positively in cost of living as do some other Wyoming cities. It has a rating of 103.8 compared to a U.S. average of 100. Items that are especially high are housing (which impacts the cost of assisted living facilities), groceries and health care.
- Special transportation for seniors is available through the Public Assisted Transportation Service at the Eppson Center for Seniors. This door-to-door transit service accommodates seniors and people with disabilities via wheelchair-equipped buses and vans. The service runs Monday through Friday and accepts donations from senior passengers.
- The Eppson Center for Seniors is dedicated to enriching the lives of seniors in the Laramie area through social interactions and educational opportunities. Special activities include classes for tai chi, line dancing, Zumba, swimming and Bible study.
- The Laramie area is home to a premier medical facility, Ivinson Memorial Hospital, in the event of emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Laramie
Assisted Living costs in Laramie start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Laramie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Cities in Wyoming
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Laramie
Financial assistance for assisted living expenses in Laramie is available to eligible candidates through Medicaid and Medicaid Waivers. Programs helping veterans with assisted living expenses and eldercare loans are options that seniors in Laramie may consider.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Laramie
Laramie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Laramie, please visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Laramie
Laramie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wyoming are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wyoming page for more information about these laws.