7 Assisted Living Facilities near North Logan, UT
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Logan area, with 2 in North Logan and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Logan is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Logan with an average starting cost of $2,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Logan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Logan 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Logan, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in North Logan, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Logan
North Logan is located in Northeast Utah's Cache County, and seniors can fish in the nearby Logan River or soak in the Green Canyon hot springs. The city has 11,176 residents, 8.6% of whom are aged 65 or over. Those in this age group looking for help with the activities of daily living can choose from two assisted living facilities in the city, and five more nearby.
The Facility Licenses and Certification division of the Department of Health regulates these facilities in both North Logan and in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Logan
- Utah fully taxes Social Security benefits and retirement savings account withdrawals. North Logan seniors with tight budgets may find the restrictive tax laws leave less room in their budget for the cost of assisted living facilities.
- North Logan's cost of living is 108.4 based on a national average of 100. This is considerably less than the state average of 117.6 thanks to lower grocery and transportation costs, which families of seniors moving to the area may appreciate. However, at 146.7, housing is 47% higher than the national average.
- At 8.6 and 25.7, respectively, the violent and property crime rates in North Logan are much lower than the national violent crime rate of 22.7 or the property crime rate of 35.4. They are also much lower than Utah's crime rates. This might give confidence to seniors running errands or going to appointments in town.
- Although North Logan gets just 18 inches of rain each year, the city receives 53 inches of snow, 25 more inches of snow than the national median. The temperature range is 14-89 degrees, leading to hot, dry summers and cold winters. This might be a challenge for seniors and family members relocating from warmer climes.
- North Logan boasts an air quality of 84, putting it in the top tier of cities of similar size in the U.S., according to the EPA's measurements. This could be good news for seniors with respiratory issues like COPD and asthma.
- The North Logan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cache Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Logan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in North Logan start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Logan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Logan
North Logan's Medicaid-eligible seniors may be able to get assistance with assisted living expenses via Utah’s Medicaid waivers, such as the Aging Waiver for Individuals Age 65 or Older and the New Choices waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Logan
North Logan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Logan, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Logan
North Logan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Logan
Review of The Gables of North Logan
My brother is in The Gables of North Logan. It is a nice place and we like it. The staff is doing an adequate job. They keep the dining area looking attractive. They provide a few activities, inclu... Read more
Review of Maple Springs of North Logan
Maple Springs of North Logan was like a five-star luxury resort. It was bright and spacious. There's a movie theater and dining facilities, and separate from that is a bistro. There are gardens for... Read more
Review of Maple Springs of North Logan
My mom was in Maple Springs of North Logan for a month. The whole staff is just amazing, from the director all the way down to the people who keep it clean. They couldn't do more for me. They were ... Read more