2 Assisted Living Facilities near Silsbee, TX
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Silsbee area, with 1 in Silsbee and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Silsbee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Silsbee 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Silsbee, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Silsbee, TX
1 Assisted Living Facility near Silsbee, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Silsbee
There's a church every few blocks in Silsbee, Texas, which is a very small suburb of Houston near Port Arthur on the shores of Sabine Lake. Seniors interested in this area will find eight assisted living communities in Silsbee — all regulated as Type A residential care facilities by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, which inspects properties for health and safety standards. The department also publishes standards for staff training to help senior residents with normal activities of daily living (ADLs). These are mainly personal care activities, such as dressing and meal prep, though staff can also respond around the clock if there's an emergency.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Silsbee
- Weather in Silsbee is similar to that of Port Arthur, which is just a few miles away. Winter lows average 43 degrees Fahrenheit in December and January, while summer highs average 92 degrees Fahrenheit. Silsbee gets plenty of rain, with 65.5 inches falling here in any given year. This can raise spores and mold, which can be an issue for seniors with allergies or asthma.
- Silsbee is a very affordable place to live for seniors on a fixed income. Groceries seniors buy for themselves tend to cost 90 percent of what they do elsewhere in America, while health care costs run around 92 percent of the average price.
- Texas charges no income tax on wages or investments, though a sales tax does run between 6.25 and 8.25 percent for most purchases. Seniors who drive for themselves need to factor in a 20 cent gas tax on every gallon they buy.
Crime rates in Silsbee are just over half what they are in other cities in America. Serious crime is even less common, which makes for safe evening strolls for the area's aging citizens.
- Transportation in rural areas around Silsbee is in the hands of South East Texas Transit. This service provides curb-to-curb transportation on demand, provided seniors or their travel planners schedule at least a day in advance. Vehicles are ADA-compliant, which makes trips easier for aging citizens with mobility issues such as a wheelchair.
- The Silsbee area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dubuis Hospital South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Silsbee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Silsbee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Silsbee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Silsbee
The STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program helps low-income seniors in Texas pay for the cost of assisted living. To qualify, seniors must be eligible for Medicaid with no share of cost, and be willing to accept assisted living as a residential care option, rather than nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Silsbee
Silsbee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Silsbee, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Silsbee
Silsbee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Silsbee
Review of Pine Arbor
My dad was in Pine Arbor for around three days in September before he checked himself out. It was closer to his home, it had a good review and the people were very nice working with me and took car... Read more