Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

Reviews of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

March 29, 2018

By Tracie

Brookdale Dowlen Oaks was very nice. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's easily accessible on Dowlen Road. The room was like a large hotel room. The bathroom was handicap accessible and very nice. They had games, bingo daily, restaurant and coffee available, and there were people socializing. The atmosphere was very nice, very upbeat, and caring.

January 19, 2017

By donnadoll55

The food is terrible and unhealthy!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the food. We have passed your feedback along to our local and regional management team for additional review.

January 28, 2016

By Andrew29

Brookdale was a little rundown facility. Also, they didn’t have a Medicaid bed. They had to put you on a waiting list for that. However, their prices were better than the other facility's. The staff was friendly. Their amenities were OK. They didn’t have a swimming pool. They did have some common areas that were OK, but there wasn’t anything to write home about.

November 30, 2015

By Andrew25

Brookdale Dowlen Oaks was a little rundown. It was OK, but it felt more like a nursing home than anything else. The grounds were fine. The staff was friendly. The dining room was not as nice as the other facility I visited. They’re not very interested in working with Medicaid.

July 06, 2015

By Michael110345150

My mom has been in Brookdale Dowlen Oaks for a couple of weeks now. It is really a nice place, they have good food, it is really clean, and they have a friendly staff. Overall, it is just an excellent place. Mom is happy there. She has a nice-size room and a big bathroom. She is very happy in it. It has all new carpet and everything. It's got a big refrigerator in it and a sink area. It is just nice and meets her needs.

July 04, 2015

I visited Brookdale Dowlen Oaks, and it was in the process of renovating. The staff was nice, but the people that live there weren't nice. They didn't say hi. It was a little cold to my father. They did have a little courtyard out there. It was nice; it just didn't work for us.

May 29, 2014

It was a very nice place. It was very clean. They were all very nice. Overall, it was a good visit. However, I just think my mother needs one-on-one care more, whereas this is a larger facility, and I was afraid she wasn't going to get that one-on-one care there. Nevertheless, they treated us well. They were very friendly. They showed all around, and everything went well. Cleanliness was good. It was very nice and homey. There was an activity going on at that time for the residents, but some of them were sitting in, and some of them were just in the lobby or stuff, and of course some of them were in their rooms.

January 30, 2014

By Caring77420850

Food is excellent. Most of their staff have good work ethic. There are some out there who just want their paychecks.

August 29, 2013

By Aileen37

It was nice. The rooms were very nice as well as the staff. We didn't eat anything but the cafeteria looked good.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

• Licenses: Facility No.000-325
  • State Licenses: 000-325

About Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks