3 Assisted Living Facilities in North East, PA
The average cost of assisted living in North East is $3,785 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North East. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North East 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North East, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North East
North East is a historic community located on the southern shores of Lake Erie in Erie County, Pennsylvania. Seniors, which make up nearly 20% of the community's population of 6,300 people, are served by a thriving senior center. Here, members can enjoy a variety of activities like parties, yoga, craft and sewing classes and congregate meals.
Seniors who need assistance with some daily living activities may reside in one of North East's two assisted living facilities. These facilities are categorized either as personal care homes, which are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare, or assisted living residences, which are licensed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North East
- With overall living expenses that are roughly 10% below state and national averages, North East may be a good option for seniors with tight retirement budgets. Healthcare is especially affordable here at about 10% below the national average and 15% below the Pennsylvania average.
- Seniors who are seeking a safe community to spend their retirement years may find North East to be a good fit. While the city's property crime rate is on par with the national average at 36.1, its violent crime rate is notably lower at 11.3.
North East's summers are warm and humid with highs around 81 degrees, making it one of Pennsylvania's cooler cities. Winters are chilly with lows near 20 degrees, and the city receives nearly 90 inches of annual snowfall. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that offers individual climate control and a variety of inside activities during the winter months.
- The air quality in North East is very good, ranking 84 out of 100 versus the national average of 58. The city's clean air may be beneficial to seniors, particularly those who have conditions like asthma.
- The North East area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Erie.
- Pennsylvania's sales tax rate is relatively low, and retirees here do not pay state income tax on any type of retirement income. This may allow for more money in the budget to go toward local assisted living expenses in North East.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in North East
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in North East start around $3,785 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North East and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North East
Currently, there are no private or state-funded programs that can help North East seniors cover their assisted living expenses. However, low-income seniors who draw Supplemental Security Income may use this money to pay for services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North East
North East and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North East, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North East
North East-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North East
Review of Parkside North East
My visiting experience at Parkside Suites was wonderful. The rooms were great, and the staff was wonderful. They had all kinds of very nice activities. The place was very good, and their price was ... Read more
Review of Rebecca's Personal Care Home
the care of my family member was exquisite. Read more