4 Assisted Living Facilities near Fredonia, NY
Also serving communities of Dunkirk, Silver Creek.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fredonia area, with 2 in Fredonia and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fredonia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fredonia 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jamestown with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fredonia, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fredonia, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fredonia
Fredonia is a small village located in the heart of Lake Erie wine country. Seniors retiring to the area have many opportunities to join the community at the village's six annual festivals, including Red, White and Blues, a celebration of music and wine. Almost 14% of the village's 10,500 residents are aged 65 or above, and there are five assisted living facilities in the area catering to this population.
In Fredonia and the rest of the state, the New York State Department of Health regulates these facilities, which are known as Adult Care Facilities or Assisted Living Residences, based on the license that they hold.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fredonia
- The overall cost of living in Fredonia is rated 79.8 on the Sperling index, more than 20 points below the U.S. average of 100. Seniors with regular medical costs may be able to save money as healthcare costs in the city are rated at 89.7, more than 10 points lower than the state and national averages.
- The Fredonia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Brooks Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Chautauqua Area Regional Transit System provides public transport to the Fredonia area. Passengers aged 60 and over are eligible for a discounted fare and seniors may also be able to access the dial-a-ride service aimed at people unable to use the fixed-route buses.
- Fredonia's overall crime rate is 22 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than average for communities of a similar size. The violent crime rate of 1.7 per 1,000 is almost two points lower than the state average. However, the property crime rate is 20.54 per thousand, more than five points higher than the New York average, so seniors may wish to enquire about security in facilities they visit.
- New York doesn't tax Social Security Income and while other forms for retirement income is taxed, the state provides a large deduction for taxpayers aged 60 or over. New York does have a high sales tax, but medications, groceries and some clothing are exempt, which may allow seniors to save money for their assisted living budget.
- Fredonia has cold winters, with average low temperatures in January of 20 degrees. The village also gets an average of 73 inches of snow and experiences significant snowfall six months each year. Seniors should find out what indoor activities are available in prospective assisted living communities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fredonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Fredonia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fredonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fredonia
The Assisted Living Program has funding available to help a limited number of seniors pay for their assisted living accommodation. The Optional State Supplement is also available to eligible seniors in Fredonia.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fredonia
Fredonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fredonia, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fredonia
Fredonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fredonia
Review of Women's Christian Association Home
This facility is poorly managed and has barely qualified teenagers giving uncaring patient care. The food is tasteless and overcooked, and people are forced into chanting prayers before the meals ... Read more
Review of Women's Christian Association Home
The facility is poorly run and hires minimum wage employees who give substandard care. The residents are forced to chant prayers before meals with religious beliefs forced upon them. The rooms ar... Read more
Review of Fredonia Place
I really liked Fredonia Place. It had just about anything a person could want. It had very nice accommodations. They had exercise rooms, movie rooms, exercise classes, day trips, games, and all sor... Read more