4 Assisted Living Facilities near Warren, PA
Also serving communities of North Warren, Kane, Smethport.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Warren area, with 2 in Warren and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warren. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warren 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Youngsville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warren, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Warren, PA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Warren, PA
Assisted Living in Warren, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warren
Warren is the county seat of Warren County and has about 9,000 residents, nearly one in five of whom are age 65 and over. These seniors are eligible to receive an array of services and participate in a variety of activities at the Allegheny Community Center, which is the local senior center. Here, members participate in exercise programs like line dancing, painting classes and educational seminars.
Many of these services are also provided in Warren’s assisted living facilities. The city is home to two facilities, and there are two more nearby. These facilities may either be classified as personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, or as assisted living residences, which are governed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warren
- Seniors in Warren don’t pay state income tax on any type of retirement income, and the state’s sales tax rate is relatively low. This may allow them to put more money toward assisted living services.
- The Warren area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Warren General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Warren’s air quality is a little lower than the U.S. average, rating 51 out of 100 compared to the nationwide average of 58. Seniors who reside here may want to track local pollution days and stay indoors during high ozone pollution or pollen days.
- Warren is a very affordable city to live in, rating 73.8 on a 100-point index based on the nationwide average. Seniors can expect to spend about 10% less on healthcare expenses here than in the average U.S. city, which may make assisted living expenses easier to cover.
- Crime occurs in Warren at roughly the same rate as in the average U.S. city. On a 100-point crime index on which the national average for violent crime is 22.7 and property crime is 35.4, Warren’s respective scores are 25.6 and 32.4. This may provide peace of mind for seniors who live here.
- Warren is among the cooler cities in Pennsylvania and has a year-round temperature range of 15-80 degrees. The city gets a little over 80 inches of annual snowfall, which may be a consideration for seniors who use mobility aids or do their own driving.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warren
Assisted Living Costs in Warren
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warren
While the state doesn’t cover assisted living services in Warren through any publicly funded programs, seniors who draw Supplemental Security Income may use this benefit to cover some assisted living expenses.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warren
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warren
Assisted Living Communities in Warren
Caring Star Winners in Warren Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Warren Area
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warren
Review of Cambridge Warren
Ma Grandma has been living at Cambridge Warren for 3 years, she feels like home there. The staff is very nice and they always keep us updated with her general health. She enjoys the activities ther... Read more
Review of Cambridge Warren
My aunt has lived at Cambridge of Warren since 2002. The staff has always treated her very well, helped her with her room, showers, and most basic needs. Cindy my aunt was feeling very tired for a ... Read more