5 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxford, NC
Also serving communities of Henderson.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oxford area, with 4 in Oxford and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oxford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oxford 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roxboro with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oxford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Oxford, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oxford
Oxford, NC is a small town filled with beautiful architecture and over 150 preserved historic homes, which makes it a picturesque and quiet place for those looking to retire. With four assisted living residences (ALRs) in the town and one nearby in Henderson, Oxford has a lot to offer individuals 60 and over. There are two different types of ALRs in North Carolina. These include adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing. Both are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services. An ALR in North Carolina refers to any group housing and service program for two or more adults.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oxford
- The Oxford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Granville Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Oxford has an array of community resources for seniors, including Granville County Senior Services, and organization that supports the overall health and independence of older adults, as well as at least one senior center.
- Oxford has hot and humid summers with short and cold winters. July is the hottest month of the year with temperatures around 88 degrees. In January, the average low is around 28. Because summers are hot, the best time of the year for outdoor activities for seniors is from mid-May to late June.
- In Oxford, the overall cost of living index is 87 out of 100, which is lower than the North Carolina average and 13 percent lower than the United States average. The cost of living index takes into consideration housing, goods and services, groceries, utilities, transportation and healthcare.
- The overall crime rate in Oxford, NC is much higher than the national average. For violent crime, the average was slightly lower than the national average, but for property crime, the average is higher.
- There are a variety of arts and culture activities for seniors in Oxford, including performances by the Granville Arts Council, trips to the Granville County Historical Society Museum and art classes through the Granville Country Senior Services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oxford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Oxford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oxford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oxford
Although the state of North Carolina does not provide financial assistance for private rooms, it does offer payment assistance for ACHs through the Medicaid State Plan. For those who prefer a private room, additional family or individual payments may be made in conjunction with the state Medicaid. Eligibility is based on income from the Federal Supplemental Security income payment and additional forms of income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oxford
Oxford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oxford, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oxford
Oxford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oxford
Review of Granville House
I visited Granville House and got a nice, private tour because it's run by a daughter of a neighbor of ours. In a short time, I got to see quite a bit, and it was very nice. They have some interest... Read more