3 Assisted Living Facilities near Fulton, MS
Also serving communities of Mantachie, Amory, Golden.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fulton area, with 2 in Fulton and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fulton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fulton 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tupelo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fulton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fulton, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fulton
Fulton is a city of about 4,000 residents, including about 800 people age 65 and over, in the northeastern region of Mississippi. Here, seniors are served by the Three Rivers Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides information and referrals, nutrition programs and ombudsman services.
In the Fulton area, the Mississippi Department of Health, Health Facilities Licensure and Certification licenses two types of assisted living facilities, which are officially called personal care homes. These facilities are divided into two categories based on the mental health needs and ambulatory abilities of their residents. Fulton is home to two assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fulton
- The Fulton area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Red Bay.
- In Fulton, all types of retirement income are exempt from state income tax, and the state has a moderate sales tax rate. Mississippi's retiree-friendly tax laws may benefits seniors seeking local assisted living options.
- Fulton's air quality is rated 57 points out of 100, which is on par with the U.S. average. This is associated with an average risk of respiratory illnesses and cancer and doesn't pose undue risks for seniors who have conditions like COPD or heart disease.
- Fulton's overall cost of living is about 25% below the national average and 10% below the statewide average. This is mainly due to the low cost of housing, which is about 50% lower than the national average, and utilities, which are about 30% lower. As a result, local assisted living expenses may be relatively affordable.
- While property crime is a little more common here than in the average U.S. city, with a rate of 43.5 on a 100-point scale versus the national average of 35.4, Fulton's violent crime rate is very low at 7.6. This may provide peace of mind for seniors in assisted living here.
- Fulton's summers are hot with highs around 90 degrees and winters are cool with lows around 30 degrees. The city only receives about an inch of snowfall per year, which may appeal to seniors who prefer to do their own driving.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fulton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Fulton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fulton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fulton
Services in assisted living facilities in Fulton are covered under a Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fulton
Fulton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fulton, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fulton
Fulton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fulton
Review of Dogwood Plantation of Fulton
They lock the residents up where they aren't allowed out of their rooms. The staff has mostly contracted covid starting with the administrator. The girls are sweet but you barely see them with the ... Read more
Review of Dogwood Plantation of Fulton
Dogwood Plantation of Fulton is a very nice, clean, and caring place, it feels like home. The staff members are all wonderful. My parents' room could be a little bit bigger, they have a lot of stuf... Read more
Review of The Meadows
I have prior experience from working and visiting other nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I've never worked for The Meadows, but I visited the facility several times while my grandmothe... Read more