2 Assisted Living Facilities in Pierz, MN
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Pierz. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pierz 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sartell with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pierz, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pierz
Pierz is a small town in Minnesota that boasts close proximity to a sprawling golf course, a drive-in theater and a number of green spaces for its residents to enjoy. The town is part of Morrison County, which has a population of 33,169 people, 19.6% of whom are aged 65 years and older. Pierz seniors rely on the town's two assisted living facilities for their care.
Assisted living in Pierz and in Minnesota is classified as a set of services that provide help with at least three activities of daily living (ADLs), among other provisions. These services must be provided by a class A or class F home care provider or by a site registered with the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pierz
- Minnesota is not tax-friendly towards retirees, which may be a concern to Pierz seniors on a budget. The state partially taxes Social Security and fully taxes withdrawals from retirement accounts, along with private and public pension income.
- The Pierz area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the St. Gabriel Community Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Pierz can take part in laid-back community activities such as the Rock, Roll and Stroll classic car event or Oktoberfest, which celebrates the town's long-standing German heritage.
- The overall cost of living in Pierz is 3.4% less than the national average, making it a relatively affordable place for seniors. Out of all spending sectors, residents can expect to pay the least for transportation and the most for housing.
- Seniors will appreciate that crime in Pierz is very low, with property crime and violent crime rates registering well below the national averages with ratings of 6 and 6.5 out of 100, respectively.
- The weather in Pierz is a little less sunny than the national average, with around 195 sunny days per year, but makes up for it with an average of 10 fewer inches of rain per year than the rest of the country. The town does receive quite a bit of snow with 47 inches per year, on average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pierz
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Pierz start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pierz and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pierz
Seniors in Pierz who need help affording assisted living services may be eligible for the Elderly and Alternative Care Medicaid waiver. Those who do not qualify for Medicaid can look into Group Residential Housing Assistance which is administered by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pierz
Pierz and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pierz, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pierz
Pierz-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pierz, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pierz
Review of Harmony House of Pierz
Harmony House facility had a very personable and home feeling atmosphere. I think the place was very clean and well kept. The place looked very new and nice and it quite quiet. I think that is i... Read more