10 Assisted Living Facilities near Cloquet, MN
Also serving communities of Scanlon, Brookston, Barnum, Moose Lake, Floodwood.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cloquet area, with 6 in Cloquet and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cloquet. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cloquet 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cloquet, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cloquet, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cloquet
Cloquet, originally a group of settlements with a small manufacturing economy, is now a modest-sized town partially located on the Fond du Lac Indian Reservation. About 1,800 seniors call this city home, and have access to six assisted living communities in the city limits, with an additional four facilities located nearby.
In Cloquet and in all of the state, these communities are officially recognized as housing with services establishments by Minnesota's Department of Health. They are licensed as either Class A or Class F facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cloquet
- Seniors in Cloquet should be cautious about going outdoors in winter as average low temperatures in January drop to one degree. Summer, however, provides plenty of opportunities for active seniors to enjoy outdoor recreation with comfortable temperatures in the 70s.
- The American Lung Association gives Carlton County, where Cloquet is located, a B for ozone pollution. This means the area has very few days where ozone levels are dangerous enough to cause health problems for seniors.
- Cloquet has very low rates of violent crime but relatively high rates of property crime. The violent crime rating in the city is 5.6 points below the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rating is 25.8 points above the national average of 35.4. Seniors concerned about the security of their belongings may wish to be aware of these statistics.
- The Cloquet area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Community Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cloquet is an affordable place for families to find assisted living. The overall cost of living in the city is 11.9% below the national average of 100. It's also lower than the state average and the average for the Duluth metro area.
- Cloquet is not considered a tax-friendly place for seniors, due to Minnesota's tax laws. All types of retirement income, including Social Security, are subject to state income taxes. These tax rates range from 5.35% to 9.85%.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cloquet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Cloquet start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cloquet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cloquet
With the Elderly Waiver (EW) and Alternative Care (AC) Program, seniors in Cloquet who are eligible for Minnesota's Medicaid system can get help paying for assisted living. Those who don't qualify for Medicaid may be able to take advantage of the Housing Support Program. This program provides funding for food and board at assisted living facilities as well as some supplemental services for low income seniors and those with disabilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cloquet
Cloquet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cloquet, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cloquet
Cloquet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cloquet
Review of Diamond Willow Cloquet
My mom is still getting used to living in Diamond Willow Assisted Living. She mentioned that she doesn't like anything in terms of the food. She never does and she's very hard to please. Nothing's ... Read more