7 Assisted Living Facilities near Hibbing, MN
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hibbing area, with 5 in Hibbing and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hibbing. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hibbing 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Chisholm with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hibbing, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hibbing, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Hibbing, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hibbing
Hibbing is a geographically large farm town on the Sturgeon River, with a relatively small cluster of suburban homes near the river's banks that are surrounded by small family farms. Home to just 16,000 people, 18% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over, Hibbing has 10 assisted living facilities in operation within its expanded city limits. These facilities, like all residential care communities in the rest of the state, are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hibbing
- The weather in Hibbing is warm in the summer when daily highs average 77 degrees. This warmth, plus the 27 inches of rain Hibbing gets in a typical year, often raises allergens like pollen and mold from nearby farmland that can cause problems for seniors with asthma. Winter lows in Hibbing average -5 degrees in January, which can encourage cold-sensitive seniors to remain indoors where it's warm.
- The cost of living in Hibbing is 20% below the national average for all common expense categories combined. Seniors in Hibbing are likely to pay roughly 12% less for healthcare than seniors across the nation.
Crime rates in Hibbing are very low, compared with national averages. Property crime rates in Hibbing are less than one-third of the national average Seniors in town are especially safe from violent crime, which is less than 20% of the rate for similar-sized communities nationwide.
- The city of Hibbing operates Hibbing Area Transit, a local transit authority that offers dial-a-ride and scheduled route services to selected points in the town center. Seniors aged 62 and over ride for free on Hibbing Area Transit vehicles, which are all disabled-ride equipped and able to transport riders with limited mobility.
- The Hibbing area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Range Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hibbing has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Arrowhead Senior Nutrition Program, an organization that provides at-home and facility served meal assistance to local seniors who struggle to shop and cook for themselves, as well as more than five senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hibbing
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Hibbing start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hibbing and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hibbing
Seniors in Hibbing who need financial assistance with their monthly assisted living expenses may be eligible for aid through Minnesota's Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which pays a monthly stipend to low-income seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hibbing
Hibbing and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hibbing, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hibbing
Hibbing-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hibbing
Review of Hillcrest Suites
I have visited this facility many times. The staff has gone above and beyond to meet the needs of my family member. Caring and compassionate care has always been given. I would recommend this fa... Read more
Review of Hillcrest Suites
When visiting a relative an employee stopped to give eye drop and said: " your eye drops finally came in". He told me the Drug store did not deliver them the previous day. No eye drops were admini... Read more
Review of Hillcrest Suites
Another resident blares his television and radio throughout the night waking and keeping up an 80 y/o radio. The staff refused to remove his radio at night (he is often asleep with it on) or do h... Read more