7 Assisted Living Facilities near Quincy, IL
With an average cost of $2,969 in Quincy, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 10 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Quincy.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Quincy, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Quincy
Situated in west-central Illinois and along the Mississippi River, Quincy is called “Gem City” for its economic and community features. It is home to a sizable senior population with 19.6 percent of the residents aged 65+, and it has five assisted living facilities. These facilities are categorized into assisted living establishments and shared housing establishments based on room occupancy arrangements. They are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Quincy
- The Quincy-Hannibal area is one of the top metropolitan areas in the U.S. with clean air, as ranked by the American Lung Association. This makes Quincy a desirable community for seniors with respiratory health concerns.
- Coupled with Quincy’s cost of living being lower by 18.3 percent than the national average, the Prairie State’s tax exemption on social security, retirement benefits and pensions lets seniors enjoy significant savings.
- Quincy’s overall crime rate is 32 percent higher than the national average. While both violent and property crime categories have higher rates than the state of Illinois and the U.S. averages, Quincy is considered safer than Chicago. Seniors and their loved ones need to take careful consideration of the security measures that assisted living and shared housing establishments have in place.
- Getting around and beyond Quincy is convenient for seniors. Quincy Transit Lines (QTL) runs fixed bus routes where citizens over 65 rides for free, and there are paratransit and door-to-door senior transportation services offered. Quincy has its own Amtrak railway station for train rides to Chicago at discounted fares for passengers 65+, and the regional airport serves flights to and from Chicago O’Hare and Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- Known as the home of America’s first arts council, Quincy is rich in arts and culture. Seniors 65+ get ticket discounts at the Quincy Community Theatre, while Quincy Symphony Orchestra concert tickets are priced lower for patrons 62+. Rotating exhibitions at the Quincy Art Center are free to experience, and lively annual celebrations include the Q-Fest and Blues in the District.
Paying for Assisted Living in Quincy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Quincy start around $2,969 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Quincy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Quincy
The current Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers of Illinois does not cover assisted living and shared housing establishments in Quincy. However, the state’s Supported Living Program (SLP) covers the cost of supportive living facilities that solely cater to Medicaid-eligible seniors or persons with disabilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Quincy
Quincy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Quincy, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Quincy
Quincy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Quincy
Review of Bickford of Quincy
I was at Bickford of Quincy. The overall experience was very good. The meals were very good, too. The people who assisted me after my surgery were very conscientious of it. Without their help I pro... Read more
Review of Adams Pointe
I am so happy to have found Adams Pointe for Mom. It is a beautiful home on just one level, just the right homey size for her. We both knew it was the right place when we walked in the door. We cou... Read more
Review of Bickford of Quincy
My visit with Bickford of Quincy was comforting. It was good. I liked that they offer three different sizes of apartments and that they were clean. When we saw the facility there wasn't anything go... Read more