Sunset Home Quincy, IL

Reviews of Sunset Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Sunset Home

July 26, 2011

By SPierson44

My Grandmother was recently a customer here. I say customer because thats how I view the relationship with healthcare providers. The Medicare floor was excellent and well staffed. The nurses and aides were very concerned, looked me in the eye, answered my questions and never made me feel like we were bothering them with our many questions. When Grandmother was moved to a different floor, the atmosphere changed. They were clearly understaffed and overwhelmed...and even admitted it to me. We asked a nurse, who was at her station for some help, and she told us to go back to the room and push the button, that someone would come to help us. After I shared this action with management, the same nurse raced over to me later when I came for a visit and told me that couldn't have been her, I must have her mixed up with someone else. I think a customer service program would be a good for this facility, getting everyone trained on how to deal with customers. Empathy for the families who are new to eldercare, helping us understand what's happening and why. I would recommend this facility, but believe they can do better. Budgets are tight and they are likely doing the best they can, however.

Services and Amenities of Sunset Home

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Sunset Home

Sunset Home is a senior living provider in Quincy, Illinois that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Sunset Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sunset Home