3 Assisted Living Facilities near Dixon, IL
Also serving communities of Franklin Grove, Oregon.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dixon area, with 2 in Dixon and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dixon is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dixon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dixon 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sterling with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dixon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Dixon, IL
1 Assisted Living Facility near Dixon, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dixon
Dixon, Illinois is a small city that's steeped in history. It boasts Ronald Reagan's boyhood home and the Lincoln Monument State Memorial, which marks the spot where Abraham Lincoln joined the Illinois militia. However, seniors don't need to be history buffs to enjoy area attractions and activities.
Seniors can choose from seven assisted living facilities: Two are located in Dixon proper, and there are another five located in nearby communities. These are all regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health and classified either as an assisted living facility (ALF) or a sheltered care facility, depending on the level of care provided. Both offer assistance with basic needs such as dressing, grooming, chores, and eating.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dixon
- The Lee-Ogle Transportation System (LOTS) operates a door-to-door ride service throughout the area. Seniors pay half of the regular fare per ride. However, low-income seniors can apply for free or reduced fares through the Lee County Council on Aging Outreach Department.
- The Dixon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Lee Council on Aging Senior Center provides recreational, educational and wellness activities for seniors age 50 and older. Special interest clubs, fitness classes and game nights are also available.
- Dixon’s overall cost of living is lower than the state average. While seniors should expect to pay slightly lower prices for groceries, affordable medical treatment might be difficult to find because the average cost of health care in Dixon is higher than the Illinois average.
- Illinois is tax-friendly to seniors. The state doesn't charge income tax on retirement account withdrawals, Social Security income and pension payments.
- Dixon’s crime rate is 32 percent lower than the national average for both violent and property crimes. This may give peace of mind to seniors who enjoy venturing around the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dixon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Dixon start around $3,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dixon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dixon
Senior who need assistance paying the costs of assisted living can apply for the optional state supplement (OSS) program offered by Illinois and the Home and Community Based Services Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dixon
Dixon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dixon, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dixon
Dixon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dixon
Review of Liberty Court
Lifehouse Liberty Court is new, very clean, and it looks like home. All the rooms have windows, and they are all on the ground floor. The staff was very nice, and the residents seemed happy. They h... Read more
Review of Liberty Court
The Liberty Court facility is a very beautiful place. I remember always being impressed with how well kept the entire community was. The bushes and trees must have been trimmed frequently because I... Read more